PDA

View Full Version : Devon Junior Hunter Points?

PonyPuzzle
Oct. 30, 2011, 08:43 PM
So the qualifying period for Devon this year was April 3, 2010 through April 5, 2011. Let's say that in 2010 you were 15 and showed in large juniors 15 and under all year. Then in December you have to start showing in large juniors 16 and 17. What happens to all those points from April-December? Do they just become worthless? Do they count them for the older junior division? It seems like it wouldn't be fair to get to show in the youngers all year and then just those points counted for the olders for Devon, but I don't see how else it would work.

This really is of no importance/appliance to me, just something I was curious about. Thanks!

hasahorse
Oct. 30, 2011, 09:25 PM
Junior hunter points are junior hunter points. It does not matter which age division they are earned in.

perfecta11
Oct. 31, 2011, 12:58 PM
Exactly. Junior hunter points from either age group count towards Devon. So take your horse's 15 best shows between the qualifying dates in either the older or younger division, and that's what you've got towards qualifying. The same holds true for indoors as well.