PDA

View Full Version : BOT quarter sheet or?

Give and Take
Oct. 30, 2011, 07:30 PM
Have an ottb that i like to ride with a quarter sheet in the winter. His back does well at shows with the BOT mesh sheet.

Does anyone have the Back on Track quarter/ exercise sheet? Do you notice a difference during your ride?

Or was considering the Horseware fleece quarter sheet.

opinions please

MorganLuvr848
Oct. 30, 2011, 08:21 PM
Unless the horse has a stiff back in the first place I have never seen a difference. I think you are better off getting a normal one unless your horse has back issues.

ElisLove
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:49 PM
I bought the back warmer for my horse and use it before I ride. I have only used it twice yet but both times my horse felt better I thought. It's a bit hard to say since my horse is just trotting for 10 mins per ride, rehabbing from an injury and but he felt really good the last 2 rides.

Give and Take
Oct. 31, 2011, 05:19 PM
bump

SMNG
Oct. 31, 2011, 08:41 PM
I use the Back on Track quarter sheet every time I ride in the winter after I body clip my horse. I warm up in it and I can feel a difference in my horse... I really like it! He is not cold backed by any means, but I think it does help us warm up and I have noticed that is not as sensitive in the cold weather as compared to warming up with just a fleece cooler (aka less bucking and hopping around). Hope this helps!

Give and Take
Nov. 1, 2011, 12:59 AM
good to know - thanks! just on the fence about the $200 for the BOT version or buying a heavier fleece one.

i do like my BOT saddle pads.

TrakeGirl
Nov. 1, 2011, 06:52 AM
Another option is to buy the $70 BOT back pad AND a cheaper quarter sheet. You can velcro the back pad into the quarter sheet.

Moocow
Nov. 1, 2011, 08:29 AM
I've used the BOT sheets on my horses who tend to get a little tense in their backs before showing and they really did make a difference. 20 min before their warm-up I would put the sheet on and turn on the solarium (solarium isn't necessary of course, just a plus!) and it would keep their backs toasty and loose and help them relax. If they have a clear round and are waiting for the jump-off, I will do the same if I am able to, or just throw the BOT sheet on and keep them walking.