View Full Version : Live feed for The National Horse Show

Pages : [1] 2

dp1092
Oct. 30, 2011, 08:06 PM
http://cache.ihigh.com/alltech/broadcasts.html?mode=school&schoolid=26330

Here is the link :)

MHM
Oct. 30, 2011, 09:58 PM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hope it works!

Really. Really, really.

CVPeg
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:17 PM
Really?!? ;)

Looking ahead to it as well - with the Maclay pencilled in of course!

MHM
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:21 PM
Really. :yes:

And in case it does, here's the posted schedule for the show, which starts at 8:00 AM on Wednesday, November 3rd.

http://www.nhs2011.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Tentative_Schedule_9-18-11.pdf

dani0303
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:30 PM
I am stuck at home with Bronchitis and was really really hoping they would have a live feed. YAY

MHM
Nov. 1, 2011, 01:19 AM
Bump! :)

makeasplash
Nov. 1, 2011, 11:39 AM
Can I just give a huge THANKS to all those responsible for putting so many of these shows on a live feed? It's been great to get to watch all the indoors, upperville (I think it was upperville anyway!), and derby finals! I wish WEF would do this for some of their bigger classes/weeks. I would say Devon but I am lucky to live close enough to watch in person!

SportsFan46
Nov. 1, 2011, 01:57 PM
Does anyone else get on the phone with pals that live far away and watch these wonderful live feeds together??

MHM
Nov. 1, 2011, 02:15 PM
Does anyone see a way to watch the live feed on an iPhone?

Celeritas
Nov. 1, 2011, 02:49 PM
Last night my SO informed me he is going to visit his brother this weekend to have some male bonding time. I said, "fine with me, now I can watch Maclay Finals allllll day Sunday without feeling guilty!!!" :D

Janeway
Nov. 1, 2011, 04:10 PM
I am stuck at home with Bronchitis and was really really hoping they would have a live feed. YAY

Same here! I tried to go to work but was sent home. My supervisor than said "take all the time you need" and my first thought was that one more sick day equals one day of uninteruppted viewing of the National Horse Show. :yes:

I'd rather not be sick, but it is a major bonus to have all this great equestrian sport to watch!

MHM
Nov. 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
Same here! I tried to go to work but was sent home. My supervisor than said "take all the time you need" and my first thought was that one more sick day equals one day of uninteruppted viewing of the National Horse Show. :yes:

I hear that National Horse Show bug can be very contagious! ;)

mepkkg
Nov. 1, 2011, 04:31 PM
We've been so spoiled these past few months with so many live feeds :yes:

Peggy
Nov. 1, 2011, 04:41 PM
There is a link from the Chronicle page and it appears that both live and archived will be available.
http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/live-streaming-alltech-national-horse-show-provided-alltech-ag-network

Janeway
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:55 PM
I hear that National Horse Show bug can be very contagious! ;)

Haha! Sure is! Maybe I shouldn't leave my house for the rest of the week!

Although I'm thrilled to see that the each class is being recorded separately and will be available On Demand at the end of each day - that will be great for those of us at work (well, when we're back at work...)

I've loved these last few weeks with all the live video - so much fun!

Renn/aissance
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:59 PM
Does anyone else get on the phone with pals that live far away and watch these wonderful live feeds together??

You bet, only over IM instead of phone! It's taken the place of our regularly scheduled movie night.

War Admiral
Nov. 1, 2011, 08:00 PM
There is a link from the Chronicle page and it appears that both live and archived will be available.
http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/live-streaming-alltech-national-horse-show-provided-alltech-ag-network

Oh SWEET, I'll be able to watch the hunters then! I never get a chance b/c I'm always dementedly busy at work. THANKS, Alltech!!!

PrimoAmor
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:28 AM
Oh SWEET, I'll be able to watch the hunters then! I never get a chance b/c I'm always dementedly busy at work. THANKS, Alltech!!!

:lol: I missed all of last weeks festivities since I am over here on the west coast and things were done when I returned home.

MHM
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:33 AM
Although I'm thrilled to see that the each class is being recorded separately and will be available On Demand at the end of each day!

Yes, that sounds like an ideal arrangement! :yes:

Tap2Tango
Nov. 2, 2011, 07:36 AM
I really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hope it works!

Really. Really, really.

Noooooooooooo Not again!! First Capital Challenge, then Harrisburg, then Washington and the Pan Am games!!! Now the National! Someone is going to have to help me with all this school work that is piling up! It's just not fair. :D

Of course next semester there will be no live streaming and I will probably have the easiest course load ever...(highly doubt that though....genetics anyone ;) )

refresh
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:12 AM
It has begun!

Due's Mom
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:13 AM
That is a beautiful arena with long galloping distances. This is going to be fun this week

Due's Mom
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:16 AM
Does anyone see a way to watch the live feed on an iPhone?
There are links to the various phones/Ipads on the link

Renn/aissance
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:17 AM
Anyone know which plug-in this runs off of? It looks like it's Flash, but my Flash player is fully updated, and the feed won't run.

Due's Mom
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:27 AM
Silverlight

MHM
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:42 AM
There are links to the various phones/Ipads on the link

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Thanks- I didn't see anything on the site the other day. Last week, I didn't know there was an iPhone option until Washington was almost over.

I hope nobody tries to call me while I'm watching the horse show! :lol:

Secret Dove
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know if there's a order of go & where to find results? Thanks!

Pony+ an inch
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:49 AM
That is a beautiful arena with long galloping distances. This is going to be fun this week

It is a great ring to ride in--It's amazing how much you can set up there and test, and as a rider, you never feel overly pressured by space constraints which is a nice feeling.

I'm loving the handy course this morning! I wanna ride it!

refresh
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:00 AM
The ring looks amazing to ride in. The decorations are cute too - I bet it looks a lot better in person. Sad that the stands are empty, I would love to be there in person if it were possible.

It seems like there are less horses in the classes so far. Are all of the indoors qualifications determined similarly? I do see a lot of the same horses, but also some new ones. How specifically did the NHS determine qualification this year?

Timber Ridge and Sambolino look gorgeous this AM. Early Applause looks weird and grumpy :/

Due's Mom
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:02 AM
As big as this ring is I wish they had gone old school and put a pen up in the middle. Those are so much fun in Handy classes

Pony+ an inch
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:05 AM
I must have missed Early Applause's round, but agreed about Timber Ridge and Sambolino.

And well, benefit of the doubt--it is 10AM on a chilly school day in a rural area in comparison to location of other indoor shows. The locals will turn up, but it will be after school's done and work's off.

Pony+ an inch
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
As big as this ring is I wish they had gone old school and put a pen up in the middle. Those are so much fun in Handy classes

They did something similar to that for the Hunter Derby Finals when they were indoors, I believe. They had like a giant ring of hay to jump in and out of? It was really nifty looking and there was no one right way to go about getting in and out of it.

yadayada
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:08 AM
Early Applause looks grumpy every time I see him go these days. I don't think Maggie's the right rider for him.

caffeinated
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:12 AM
Oh joy! It works on my phone! Here's to another week of not getting anything done, hahaaha

Miss T
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:49 AM
is there any way to enlarge the video to full screen? Even when i click on the usual button, I get a fairly small screen surrounded by black borders.

Renn/aissance
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:17 PM
Finally got Silverlight to behave! Looks like what is on course now is some variety of Handy class?

RumoursFollow
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone else find the music almost unbearable? Overlapping commentary and Dolly Parton? Ugh.

akrogirl
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:34 PM
Yep, the music is really bad, but I'll put up with it if I can just manage to get continuous coverage! My feed keeps cutting out every few seconds.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:35 PM
Finally got Silverlight to behave! Looks like what is on course now is some variety of Handy class?

Regular conformation Handy :) Scott Stewart & Hunt Tosh cleaned up the top 3, they just did the jog & ribbons

oxLetsGoCanterxo
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:36 PM

Also sick and stuck at home but with stomach bug :/
Its a good thing I can waste my time on the computer watching a horse show online :)

BAC
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
Early Applause looks grumpy every time I see him go these days. I don't think Maggie's the right rider for him.

Really? I think they won every class over fences at Harrisburg and champion, every time I looked he seemed to be winning another class.

Janeway
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:00 PM
What happened? I have nothing now. It just ended...

findeight
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:02 PM
It seems like there are less horses in the classes so far. Are all of the indoors qualifications determined similarly? I do see a lot of the same horses, but also some new ones. How specifically did the NHS determine qualification this year?

I don't believe there are any qualifications for most of the classes, heck I got a prize list. As with any new show (with an old name or not), it will take some time for people to adjust their calendars and plan a trip to Kentucky instead of upstate New York.

JBCool
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:22 PM
Really? I think they won every class over fences at Harrisburg and champion, every time I looked he seemed to be winning another class.

i know he won them, but I didn't like how he went last week either. Just looked like she had to ride really hard to get him going forward and maybe just burnt out.

kbierer1
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who is watching the Alltech National Horse Show on Live Feed.

We will be posting updated results at the end of each class on the Web site: nhs2011.org

All you have to do is go to the "Competition" tab and then choose results in order to view the results for free.

For all of those who do not know how to access the live feed, please visit: http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/broadcast_185422.html?silverlight=1

The feed is also available for smartphones by accessing files at the very same link.

We will also be posting updates on the Alltech National Horse Show Facebook page along with photo galleries from each day at the show.

Happy viewing and enjoy!

MintHillFarm
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:34 PM
The link works really well. So far....

There seems to be virtually no one watching in the stands. What a shame.

The arena looks awesome, very inviting...

Janeway
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:42 PM
The ring is beautiful! and thanks so much to the team that is giving us the live feed!

One question though - my live feed is actually showing me the first class from this morning. What happened to 1st Year Green Handy Hunters? They should be going now....

Bascule7
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:43 PM
So, you don't have to qualify for all of these classes? I thought that was the whole point of the NHS? Not so?

alittlegray
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:46 PM
I've got a red box on a black field...nothing. :(

yadayada
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:51 PM
i know he won them, but I didn't like how he went last week either. Just looked like she had to ride really hard to get him going forward and maybe just burnt out.

Exactly, I just think he's such a cool horse and went so well with Kelly Farmer. He's never been the same since Maggie got the ride on him and always looks uncomfortable and grumpy.

findeight
Nov. 2, 2011, 01:55 PM
So, you don't have to qualify for all of these classes? I thought that was the whole point of the NHS? Not so?

Once upon a time....yeah. Not really what it once was. Kind of suffers an identity crisis lately.

Bascule7
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
Interesting. What about the Maclay? Pretty easy to qualify now?

Mayaty02
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:25 PM
Interesting. What about the Maclay? Pretty easy to qualify now?

no, not easier to qualify...

Windsor1
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:43 PM
I was able to "fullscreen" the WIHS feed but if that's possible with this one I can't figure it out.

Is there some way to enlarge the screen for this feed?

lucyeq
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:45 PM
The feed isn't working for me... Anyone else having this problem?

findeight
I was speaking of most of the other 4 days of the horse show, including 3' Hunters not the Maclay.

AQHAHunterJumper
is it on right now? All I am getting is an advertisment :( I want to see horses!! I am bored at work!

Bascule7
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for clarifying.

SSacky
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:51 PM
AHHHH what is with this crazy awful music? haha I can't hear the annoucer

Its not from the feed, can anyone else hear it. It needs to go.

laughATTACK
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:53 PM
Most of the people watching are exhibitors...and we're all sitting on the same side as the camera. If what you see on the feed is the same as what we see on the screen in the arena, it looks more deserted than it actually is.

I think what people were trying to say is it's easier to get in, but you do still have to qualify. Not just anyone is accepted. Unless I'm totally missing something, there are no 3' hunters.

I find it really interesting that someone on here said they enjoyed riding in this ring. That might be the first time I've heard that. Not to take anything away from this awesome facility, but I'd never describe the ring as great to ride in. It's almost shaped like a bowl with no real sides or ends which makes it ride smaller than it actually is. Although after WIHS it feels like heaven!!! Not complaining, just an interesting observation.

SSacky
Nov. 2, 2011, 02:59 PM
There's something really strange and annoying about this feed... Its almost as if there's another feed going on in the background or something because I can see my feed and hear its audio (and it stops when I press mute). However, I can also hear the audio from what appears to be a different class that no matter which button I press doesn't go away.

Also, mine isn't a live feed... its just replaying different classes.. if I go away and come back it goes back to the beginning.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is making it impossible for me to watch :(

TooManyChickens
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:04 PM
I agree.. it's wonderful to be able to watch this but the same thing is happening to me as well.. I'm seeing replays of different classes, and I can't tell you how many times it's gone back to the first class of the day. The music is awfully loud as compared to the announcer, but luckily I can keep it just low enough and still hear who is up if my eyes happen to be away from the screen.

I'm not trying to be critical, it's great to be able to watch this, but it is getting difficult to keep up with exactly what is going on. Maybe just a bug somewhere?

PolymerChem
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:07 PM
If you're getting replays, make sure that you are on the "correct" (i.e. current) live feed. I'm guessing it's part of the archiving to allow replaying, but they have switched feed links two times today. I missed the switch once and started to rewatch the Regular Conformation Hunters instead of the Green Workings which were on the live feed.

http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/ will give a list of the current/future feeds.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what is going on. And I have no suggestions about the sound; I am able to hear the announcer over the music.

SSacky
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:12 PM
If you're getting replays, make sure that you are on the "correct" (i.e. current) live feed. I'm guessing it's part of the archiving to allow replaying, but they have switched feed links two times today. I missed the switch once and started to rewatch the Regular Conformation Hunters instead of the Green Workings which were on the live feed.

http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/ will give a list of the current/future feeds.

If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what is going on. And I have no suggestions about the sound; I am able to hear the announcer over the music.

Thanks I didn't catch the switch. My other problems seem to have been solved on the new feed.

refresh
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:18 PM
Exactly, I just think he's such a cool horse and went so well with Kelly Farmer. He's never been the same since Maggie got the ride on him and always looks uncomfortable and grumpy.

I agree. I actually got to see him in person with Kelley Farmer the year he won the Hunter Spectacular class under the lights at WEF. He was so amazing. To be fair, since 'Pony Lane Farm' has bought him I've only seen videos, but he looks like a different horse. Yet I've been surprised more than a few times as he's done well over horses I like a lot more now. Maggie Jayne is kind of a busy rider, and he looks grumpy and has a strange way of going, just imo.

The feed has been working okay for me, as long as you make sure you are playing the link that is currently live. It seems like they immediately archive videos of each class and maybe that's what you guys are accidentally clicking on?

So they are on the 2nd years now? Or maybe I am watching the wrong/not live class?

DarkStarrx
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:27 PM
Are there no closing in/out gates!?

refresh
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:35 PM

I think there's an area behind the mural of KY where horses can stand/walk around before coming into the ring. Looks dark though.

Fiction
Nov. 2, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think there's an area behind the mural of KY where horses can stand/walk around before coming into the ring. Looks dark though.

The area where everyone is standing (in-gate) leads to a short tunnel to a small schooling area/holding area. There's a matching tunnel further down that short side of the ring on the right (if you're watching from the live feed) that leads to the same area and then outdoors.

alittlegray
Nov. 2, 2011, 04:45 PM
Ahh...I didn't catch that it was running on silverlight..if it isn't working for anyone else you may need to download that from microsoft. I did..

Janeway
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
oh dear, is anyone even there for the opening ceremony? It looks empty! Makes me feel kind of bad for the organizers...

PolymerChem
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:17 PM
Not a lot of people, although I'm sure that the huge arena makes it seem emptier than it is and weekdays are rough to get people out. I see there are several thousand watching online from across the country/other countries.

45 horses for the Open Jumper tonight is a good competitor turnout!

ETA: The advertisers who bought ad space on the wall opposite the camera get a lot of subtle ad time

ETA again: Those are some nicely designed jumps, not just the usual striped poles.

PrimoAmor
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:25 PM
ETA again: Those are some nicely designed jumps, not just the usual striped poles.

:yes: These jumps are gorgeous!

PolymerChem
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
Laura Kraut's round was so smooth. McLain Ward's looked like he was riding a jump off for the whole course (which is good in a speed class if you keep the fences up).

It's interesting to watch who is going for slower but clear vs. fast for the win.

Due's Mom
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:35 PM
Who are the commentators?

refresh
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:41 PM
:yes: These jumps are gorgeous!

I think they're the jumps from the WEG :)

mroades
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:41 PM
Kim Prince..and ??Scott somebody..but they are making my ears bleed

adhock
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm definitely having a lag between the commentary and the video, plus an echo in the ring. So I'm turning off the ear-bleeding/annoying "jump by jump" and hoping it will improve over the course of the week!

SSacky
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:44 PM
still getting 2 separate audios so that even if I mute the feed I hear the commentators which is incredibly annoying.

Anyone running this on a Mac? If so which version of Silverlight are you using?

PrimoAmor
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:48 PM
Great ride for Todd! They are right, that horse can turn!

I haven't had any issue with the live feed or sound.

mroades
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:54 PM
Love to watch Todd ride...he is just do damn good!

PrimoAmor
Nov. 2, 2011, 08:59 PM
I don't get why Nick didn't push Carlo for the speed. He looked like he was just cantering around at home. I loved his first ride but he should have pushed Carlo :(

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:07 PM
I was able to "fullscreen" the WIHS feed but if that's possible with this one I can't figure it out.

Is there some way to enlarge the screen for this feed?

click the box next to the sound control. it make is a bit bigger.

PrimoAmor
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
Ooo I love Harrie Smolder's Udo DV. Very cute!

3Dogs
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:22 PM
fabulous feed - loving the Welcome Stakes

supershorty628
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:22 PM
I don't get why Nick didn't push Carlo for the speed. He looked like he was just cantering around at home. I loved his first ride but he should have pushed Carlo :(

Probably just using it as a warm up for later in the week ;)

3Dogs
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:26 PM
I think many using this as warm up but I am impressed at the number of "small" horses

Love the jumpers - :yes:

refresh
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:47 PM
Ugh they need to get rid of this male commentator immediately! I should start writing down the ridiculous things he says. The dynamic is too weird too

PolymerChem
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:52 PM
Years of watching figure skating with Dick Button commentating has left me with both the ability to tune out announcers and a skewed sense of "annoying." I knew years of skating would benefit my equestrian pursuits somehow, I just never thought it would be in this way.

BLBGP
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:54 PM
This free service (and the iPad app) is amazing! Thank you to whoever is paying to provide it.

rwh
Nov. 2, 2011, 09:59 PM
Anyone know where to find the full results posted?

Pony+ an inch
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:02 PM
Years of watching figure skating with Dick Button commentating has left me with both the ability to tune out announcers and a skewed sense of "annoying." I knew years of skating would benefit my equestrian pursuits somehow, I just never thought it would be in this way.

LOL

I love how at the end Kim said, "And if you don't want to hear us, please just turn the volume down."

I also loved watching Todd's round on Sweetheart. That horse is really growing on me.

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:18 PM
Anyone know where to find the full results posted?

This is from above poster:
We will be posting updated results at the end of each class on the Web site: nhs2011.org

All you have to do is go to the "Competition" tab and then choose results in order to view the results for free.

rwh
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:42 PM
^ Thank you!

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:07 PM
^you're welcome! ;)

Kinsella
Nov. 2, 2011, 11:49 PM

There are velvet ropes at each gate that are opened & closed after each horse (at least they were there tonight). You likely wouldn't see them from the camera angles they were using for the live feed I was watching today...

Peggy
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:23 AM
Suppose I could figure this out by watching the archived feed, but what happened in the first years that there were 30-some listed in the first class and then 16 in the second (and 19 in the order for tomorrow's stake)?

dp1092
Nov. 3, 2011, 02:15 AM

I loved when he showed with Kelley, she rode him beautifully. Not a big fan of Maggie's riding (please don't attack me), I just watched her first year handy course and the last jump she was flapping her arms like she wanted to fly away to get the horse to hand gallop the last fence.

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:41 AM
Did they really just stop the live feed of the first class BEFORE the results?!?

PolymerChem
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:48 AM
My feed stopped, too, but it came back as soon as I refreshed.

And we have a new entry for Accidentally Amusing Abbreviated Names: The Other Broth
"That's one souped-up horse you've got there, he sure jumps great!" (Congratulations to The Other Brother and the other ribbon winners, but I had to laugh at how the scoreboard cut off his name)

Mara
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:56 AM
Anyone have the results of last night's welcome stake? They're not anywhere on the NHS site.

refresh
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:58 AM
I like the way this handy course is using the ring

Berry0317
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:59 AM
Got Silverlight installed & watching now. When it switches feed, does the LIVE with the little red dot go away? Is that how you know to go back to the main page & switch links?

PolymerChem
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:04 AM
Got Silverlight installed & watching now. When it switches feed, does the LIVE with the little red dot go away? Is that how you know to go back to the main page & switch links?

You got it. The red dot/live goes away and is replaced with a timer saying how far into the recorded feed you are. The feed will stop, too, but sometimes it stops even if doesn't switch feeds so that's not reliable.

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:07 AM
And we have a new entry for Accidentally Amusing Abbreviated Names: The Other Broth
"That's one souped-up horse you've got there, he sure jumps great!" (Congratulations to The Other Brother and the other ribbon winners, but I had to laugh at how the scoreboard cut off his name)

Just as an FYI- I know The Other Brother well. He's a great horse by any name. :)

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone have the results of last night's welcome stake? They're not anywhere on the NHS site.

I think Todd Minikus won with Sweetheart.

dags
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:22 AM
Rough day in the AOs!

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:36 AM
Rough day in the AOs!

Yes, the handy course was winning quite a bit.

comingback
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:43 AM
I dont see the pony divisions....do they not have them at the NHS or am I missing it?

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:48 AM
I dont see the pony divisions....do they not have them at the NHS or am I missing it?

They haven't had ponies at the NHS for some time. Not when it was in Syracuse, anyway. They were included when it was at The Meadowlands and at least one year at Chelsea Piers, but not for a while before that at The Garden, either. I don't remember if they were included in Wellington.

comingback
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:51 AM
They haven't had ponies at the NHS for some time. Not when it was in Syracuse, anyway. They were included when it was at The Meadowlands and at least one year at Chelsea Piers, but not for a while before that at The Garden, either. I don't remember if they were included in Wellington.

Guess I just showed how long it's been since I have watched/been to the horse show!

Thanks for the response!

CThorse
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:33 AM
does anyone know where we can find results?

Fiction
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:37 AM
does anyone know where we can find results?

http://www.kentuckyhorseshows.com/sms/results_class_list.php?hsn=150

freefallin38
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:07 PM
lol @ the announcer: "Please don't move or make noise... and don't clap until the end"

I just starting watching, is the audience doing anything weird?

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:16 PM
lol @ the announcer: "Please don't move or make noise... and don't clap until the end"

I just starting watching, is the audience doing anything weird?

I haven't been watching, but I'll bet they just had a bus load of local school kids arrive, which would make the announcer's request very prudent. :yes:

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:22 PM
Are there posted orders of go?

MintHillFarm
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:09 PM
Nasty fall in the handy A/O class. Hope Sarah Ward is ok!!

harr754
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
I think the announce just said it was Sarah Ward being taken out on a stretcher.

sspry
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hope Sarah is ok!

DLee
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:17 PM
Oh wow, I missed that due to the feed quitting. :( I hope she is okay.

I think the fake tails are really distracting. Not a fan.

comingback
Nov. 3, 2011, 01:49 PM
You can watch it via the link under archives. It's about 4 hours and 5 minutes in.

She did not seem to move....very scary in my opinion and I hope she is okay.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:09 PM
new broadcast in five :)

Mara
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:21 PM
Oh wow, I missed that due to the feed quitting. :( I hope she is okay.

I think the fake tails are really distracting. Not a fan.

They're really getting ridiculously overdone now. Less is more in the case of fake tails. I like a nice, full tail myself, but some of these horses look like they're in danger of tipping backwards.

giddybiddy
Nov. 3, 2011, 03:35 PM
Hope Sarah is ok!!

LowerSaxony_Jumper
Nov. 3, 2011, 04:03 PM
since everybody likes to complain.............I don't care how much your horse is worth and how big of a hunter superstar you both are but it is not that hard to teach your horse to trot next to you! Can't stand this dragging along! espescially when the horse let the rider pull on the reins....yeah jog for soundness....If i would judge this i would make them trot again hahahahahaha:winkgrin:

refresh
Nov. 3, 2011, 04:16 PM
They're really getting ridiculously overdone now. Less is more in the case of fake tails. I like a nice, full tail myself, but some of these horses look like they're in danger of tipping backwards.

Cold Harbor just went with a huge one! Yuck! The horse is so nice but the tail doesn't let you notice

mbhorse
Nov. 3, 2011, 04:54 PM
I'm another member of the "I hate ginormous fake tails" club. It's so nice to see at least a few of them going around without one!

giddybiddy
Nov. 3, 2011, 04:59 PM
Miss Lucy is such a lady...I am so in love with her!

Tap2Tango
Nov. 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
That was a scary fall. Hope Sarah is ok.

justmagic
Nov. 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
I haven't been watching, but I'll bet they just had a bus load of local school kids arrive, which would make the announcer's request very prudent. :yes:

Multiple bus loads of school children had come in and they were all eating and wrinkling wrappers and bags of chips. Some of then were also using programs as fans. A couple kids with bags of chips is no big deal but that many eating all at once created this weird buzz in the ring. Most of the horses were fine with it but a few got a little nervous.

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 05:59 PM
Multiple bus loads of school children had come in....

<shudder> :lol:

Janeway
Nov. 3, 2011, 06:40 PM
<shudder> :lol:

:lol:

I'm with you! I would move seats pretty quickly. I like children, but too many of them in a herd sets my teeth on edge!

I'm really liking the look of the ring and design of the jumps. Although many of the horses don't like those "A" shaped standards with the almost pyschedelic 70's pattern. I think my parents had wallpaper like that, in the same shades of orange and brown too ;)

Berry0317
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:11 PM
Any word on Sarah Ward? That was a nasty fall!

giddybiddy
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:15 PM
Sarah said on Facebook that she's doing alright, just in some pain, and won't be able to ride for a few weeks. Glad to hear she's ok!

MoonLadyIsis
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:23 PM
Any word on Sarah Ward? That was a nasty fall!

what happened? I was at the barn dealing with my brats and wasn't able to watch...

khp vol
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:32 PM
I was seated in a skybox nearest the jump where it happened. The horse slammed on the brakes and the rider did a somersault right into the jump, landing on her back. She was motionless for several minutes (I'm sure the medics told her to) and then, after they got the jump from around her, put her on a backboard, and then onto a gurney and rolled her off.

MHM
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:36 PM
:lol:

I'm with you! I would move seats pretty quickly. I like children, but too many of them in a herd sets my teeth on edge!

I was thinking more about the horses, and the people who had spent the time and money to show them there. Most hunters in this country don't get much practice showing in front of many spectators, much less the small, squirmy, noisy kind!

refresh
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:38 PM
Francis Land just had a great speed round

Ammy Owner
Nov. 3, 2011, 07:38 PM
Wow Frances Land is super brave!

Venice
Nov. 3, 2011, 08:04 PM
Wow, rough night for Christina Kelly!

juniormom
Nov. 3, 2011, 08:49 PM
Ugh........ I have a Mac and can't get the link to load. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Ammy Owner
Nov. 3, 2011, 08:52 PM
I feel like this feed is much more consistent than the other indoors shows this year. I guess I'm the only one that like this one better!

juniormom
Nov. 3, 2011, 08:57 PM
I got all of the other ones fine - but am having trouble with this one. Go figure! I am so thankful that I have been able to watch the ones I have been able to see! However, I wish this one would work too! :)

SSacky
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:01 PM
Ugh........ I have a Mac and can't get the link to load. Any suggestions? Thank you!

You need Microsoft Silverlight, but the feed runs funny on my mac so no guarentees.

juniormom
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:39 PM
I finally found a new update for silverlight and now it works............. thank you!

Silk
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:09 PM
Once upon a time....yeah. Not really what it once was. Kind of suffers an identity crisis lately.

I agree with you and it is an absolute shame!!! THE National used to be THE culmination of the season. Now it seems like just another stop on the horse show trail.

I miss having it at the Garden. Nothing like it...the old Statler Hotel.....sigh

Indy
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:42 PM
I watched a bit today and that ring is gorgeous. It has to be so nice to ride in after being all smushed at Washington.

mroades
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:48 PM
I WANT Llubov's horse!!!

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:50 PM
o.O
Did the announcers just call Dressage boring?
gosh, they're annoying.

PonyPuzzle
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:57 PM
are the a/o jumpers over? and if they are does anyone know who won?

supershorty628
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:59 PM
are the a/o jumpers over? and if they are does anyone know who won?

Kaitlin Campbell won, Meagan Nusz was second.

mroades
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:26 PM
do we think Kim would like to bludgeon her boothmate??

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:36 PM

:yes:

Ammy Owner
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:38 PM

Yes Its actually pretty entertaining to listen to haha

RumoursFollow
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:46 PM
Man are they all going fast!

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:07 AM
My gosh, that PA announcer is talking to nobody...

Eventer13
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:08 AM
Sad to see so few spectators :( I know its a weeknight and all, but if I were in the area I'd sure go!

bascher
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:16 AM
I finally found a new update for silverlight and now it works............. thank you!

Where did you go to get this update? I'd like to watch tomorrow on my Mac!

luvmyhorses
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:28 AM
I think that Kim Prince is doing a great job. She is providing insights into the riders' rounds without sounding judgemental, and has glossed over her male counterpart's less informed observations. I've really enjoyed listening to her describe the riders from a professional's perspective.
Show is great for riders but sad that the stands are EMPTY. Perhaps the sponsors can take comfort in the number of people watching on line.

Kinsella
Nov. 4, 2011, 07:44 AM
I WANT Llubov's horse!!!

You'll have to kill me first! I've loved that horse since I saw him when he got to FL last winter. He is AWESOME and even more so in person!

bascher
Nov. 4, 2011, 09:44 AM
I have a really stupid question and I think I am missing something haha...when you go to the COTH link on the homepage for the livefeed, it gives you a bunch of links.and says you can watch live or archived. What is the ACTUAL link for this year's livefeed? My brain is just not functioning properly at the moment haha!

refresh
Nov. 4, 2011, 09:50 AM
I have a really stupid question and I think I am missing something haha...when you go to the COTH link on the homepage for the livefeed, it gives you a bunch of links.and says you can watch live or archived. What is the ACTUAL link for this year's livefeed? My brain is just not functioning properly at the moment haha!

When the stream is live, the particular class that is playing at that moment will be in red. Immediately after each class they archive the video (convenient for watching later) but also confusing, as most live streams just stay on all day. You have to make sure you are watching the link that corresponds with what is scheduled. I'm using a schedule downloaded from the NHS website. Also, it will say "LIVE" with a little red button on the bottom right area of the video if it's working. All that being said, I can't find the stream for the A/O stake that's supposed to be on right now..

bascher
Nov. 4, 2011, 09:57 AM
When the stream is live, the particular class that is playing at that moment will be in red. Immediately after each class they archive the video (convenient for watching later) but also confusing, as most live streams just stay on all day. You have to make sure you are watching the link that corresponds with what is scheduled. I'm using a schedule downloaded from the NHS website. Also, it will say "LIVE" with a little red button on the bottom right area of the video if it's working. All that being said, I can't find the stream for the A/O stake that's supposed to be on right now..

Thanks! So there isn't one link for the whole entire stream? Say I want to watch the AO jumpers this afternoon...will there be a link that says AO jumpers?

refresh
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks! So there isn't one link for the whole entire stream? Say I want to watch the AO jumpers this afternoon...will there be a link that says AO jumpers?

Yes. You have to read each link and see if it's archived, or when the estimated start time is. Each class has its own link to its own live stream.

I think they're on the A/O u/s now

bascher
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:06 AM
Yes. You have to read each link and see if it's archived, or when the estimated start time is. Each class has its own link to its own live stream.

I think they're on the A/O u/s now

Thanks so much!

MHM
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:08 AM
When you watch the archived video, do you have to watch from start to finish? Or is there a way to jump ahead if you want to see the last horse in the class?

I'm watching on my phone, and I don't see the jump ahead option anywhere.

comingback
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:58 AM
When you watch the archived video, do you have to watch from start to finish? Or is there a way to jump ahead if you want to see the last horse in the class?

I'm not sure about the way it displays on the phone, but when looking at it on a computer there is a progress bar right below the video itself and you can click or drag/drop the progress bar to navigate through the video.

Indy
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:00 PM

Not sure about your phone, but if you watch it on a computer there is a fast forward button (below the big play arrow) that lets you jump forwards at around 30 seconds a time (there is also a rewind arrow). Also there is a progress bar below the window (orange, I believe) that you can drag forwards or backwards to change where in the feed you are watching. So if you want to jump way ahead, you can drag the bar forwards a bunch to get to a different part of the feed.

MHM
Nov. 4, 2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks, guys! I may have to wait until I'm near my computer to be that selective.

How fantastic is it to have all these options?!? Love it! :yes:

giddybiddy
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:16 PM
This trot jump in the handy is really winning right now...

Berry0317
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:28 PM
What feed did you click to see the Handy classes? My feed stopped after the Jr.'s were through their 1st trip and went to the archived feed. I clicked on the Day 3 part II feed and I see the advertisement, but then it doesn't show the live feed.
Love watching the Handy classes. Anyone else having the same problem?

southernbell
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:29 PM
The small youngers are really struggling with this handy!

jconnors
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:31 PM
I was going to say the same thing about the trot jump!

giddybiddy
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:33 PM
@Berry0317- I had the same issue, and I just refreshed the page and it worked fine.

PaintPony
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:35 PM
Agreed. That and the natural fence too. Almost all of them have been rider error from what I've seen.

I loved the girl who did the trot fence from a sitting trot. She had the right idea!

Ammy Owner
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:38 PM
Those simple jumps are deceptively spooky

Fiction
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:48 PM
Berry0317 I'm having the same problem... Refreshing the page takes me out of the feed and back to the list of feed options.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:59 PM
What class is it right now?

Berry0317
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:59 PM
Fiction, Mine does the same thing when I hit refresh. Guess I'll be watching the archieved Handy classes later. Guess it had to come to an end sometime :)

Fiction
Nov. 4, 2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/broadcast_187688.html?silverlight=1 this link seems to be working for me now, I think the Chronicle's page was missing one of the broadcast options (the 12:10 Jr Hunter Handy).

Jumpthemoon16 - they just jogged the Older Small Jr Handy

Berry0317
Nov. 4, 2011, 02:34 PM
Fiction you're a gem. Let the spoiling continue!! :D

jconnors
Nov. 4, 2011, 02:38 PM
In watching this handy course, I wish the riders would look at where they want to go. The second to last fence to the last they all seem to be having problems steering to this fence. But none of them look until last minute!

MHM
Nov. 4, 2011, 02:42 PM
Argh.

Now that I'm trying to watch a friend of mine go, it doesn't want to work on my phone. I keep getting a play button with the dreaded circle/slash across it. That can't be good! :(

Berry0317
Nov. 4, 2011, 02:55 PM
Now that I get to watch the Handy classes, I have a question.
Which is proper when the trot jump is the 1st jump on course? To canter into the ring and then break back down to the trot to jump the jump, or to trot into the ring and jump the jump? I persoanally think it looks silly to canter for 3 or so steps and then break back to a trot to jump a jump. Just wondering which is the proper way to do this.

southernbell
Nov. 4, 2011, 03:06 PM
Which is proper when the trot jump is the 1st jump on course? To canter into the ring and then break back down to the trot to jump the jump, or to trot into the ring and jump the jump? I persoanally think it looks silly to canter for 3 or so steps and then break back to a trot to jump a jump. Just wondering which is the proper way to do this.

I prefer just trotting to the jump and I'm fairly sure that is what my DD's trainer would have asked her to do.

It looks like the riders who are just trotting are having somewhat more success than the canter, drop back to the trot ones

It's a tough course - looks deceptively simple but it's really catching people up...

supershorty628
Nov. 4, 2011, 07:57 PM
How do you find whichever feed is currently live? I can find a list of feeds that will be live and ones that are archived, but it seems like I can never find the current one.

mroades
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:00 PM
i just go to the link from the first page of this thread

SSacky
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:00 PM
How do you find whichever feed is currently live? I can find a list of feeds that will be live and ones that are archived, but it seems like I can never find the current one.

go here: http://ihigh.com/alltech/

Live one is the top one (says live in red)

Sometimes there isn't a feed like during the ring change etc.

supershorty628
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:05 PM
Okay great, thanks!

CBoylen
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:09 PM
It's handier to canter in and break back to the trot. It's "proper" to do whatever gives your particular horse the most chance of success. If he's the lazy or distracted type who is likely to fall over or stop at an opening trot fence without a wake up call, you canter in. If he's a bit on the sensitive, ready side, or hates trot fences, you trot in so that you can be sure he's going to come back and trot the fence or so that you don't confuse or upset him by asking too much in the beginning of the course.

dp1092
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:20 PM
Is there a Maclay warm-up on Saturday or am I just going nuts? or what is this ASPCA horsemanship class?

supershorty628
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:29 PM
There is an unjudged warmup.

Did I just hear correctly that shaky-tails may be coming [back] to the NHS next year? :)

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:46 PM
Are there posted orders of go for each class?

dp1092
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:51 PM
Are there posted orders of go for each class?

Go to the Main Page, click Competition and then Order-of-Go :)

And @supershorty you heard correctly!

Also maybe a Nations Cup?! That'd be amazing!

chunky munky
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:55 PM

Did I just hear correctly that shaky-tails may be coming [back] to the NHS next year? :)

It would make sense because KY is the hotbed of shakey tails :-) Years ago the hunter people would get into it as much as anyone in the stands.

mroades
Nov. 4, 2011, 08:58 PM
I might go watch if they came back! And I am a true H/J princess...lol

War Admiral
Nov. 4, 2011, 09:19 PM
Well, obviously I think that they SHOULD, but let's recall ol' Mason made that very same promise last year, too... *shrug*

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 4, 2011, 09:44 PM

Does anyone see a link to this? I don't see it listed with the others. :(

dp1092
Nov. 4, 2011, 09:49 PM
Did anyone watch the Small Younger juniors today? It said Victoria Colvin was riding Sanzibar for Alexandra Crown..did Alex buy him? Also did anyone see Tori's jumping position? Wonder if something was wrong?

PonyPuzzle
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:18 PM
Alex did buy Sanzibar

supershorty628
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:19 PM
I love Katie Dinan's new horse! He looks super cool.

paint hunter
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:48 PM
I just love seeing all the fences that were used at the WEG last year. There are some permutations, of course, but it sure brings back some great memories.

supershorty628
Nov. 4, 2011, 10:53 PM
Anyone know why Nick Dello Joio is not showing up in the top 10 standings? He was in 2nd after his round...

juniormom
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:05 PM
Where do you look to download the orders of go? Thank you!

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:13 PM

http://www.kentuckyhorseshows.com/sms/index.php

dp1092
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:14 PM

http://www.kentuckyhorseshows.com/sms/choose_order.php

See if that works. If not go to the NHS website go to Competitions and there should be an Order-of-Go link underneath that :)

juniormom
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:16 PM
Thank you so much! :)

JustJump
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:40 AM

Is it true that an audience might come with them?

Have been watching each day.

Have they sold any tickets at all?

Can't wait to hear the glowing accolades from PMG about how 'well' it all went.

refresh
Nov. 5, 2011, 09:15 AM
Is there no stream of the Maclay warmup this morning? Ugh!

shedllybip
Nov. 5, 2011, 09:23 AM
Is there no stream of the Maclay warmup this morning? Ugh!

double ugh!

spina
Nov. 5, 2011, 09:27 AM
I (vaguely) remember hearing something about the Maclay warm-up not being broadcast - I was just hoping I was wrong.

Silk
Nov. 5, 2011, 11:34 AM
It would make sense because KY is the hotbed of shakey tails :-) Years ago the hunter people would get into it as much as anyone in the stands.

I remember watching them back in the 70's. I used to LOVE watching them when I was a kid. I remember talking back at the barns to the BIG trainer back then...crabtree? was that her name? I wish the National would go back to MSG!!!

dp1092
Nov. 5, 2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.kentuckyhorseshows.com/sms/display_order.php?hsn=148&class_no=1

:)

fair judy
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:05 PM
I remember watching them back in the 70's. I used to LOVE watching them when I was a kid. I remember talking back at the barns to the BIG trainer back then...crabtree? was that her name? I wish the National would go back to MSG!!!

Helen Crabtree. a true legend.....she taught for a while at the Tampa Yacht Club stables in FL and we all came to respect her deeply. i remember when the good hands ran just prior to the Maclay finals at MSG. All those horses waiting at the end of the ring relieving themselves made quite a puddle which caused slippage for the hunters in the turns!

Happyhooves
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:08 PM
Alicia Gasser was 3rd in the west coast regionals, but I don't see her name on the Maclay order. Did she decide not to go?

PonyPenny
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:19 PM
It doesn't look like Olivia Esse or Haley Webster is showing either.

Ammy Owner
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:20 PM
What in the world are Shakey tails? Am I missing something?

dodedo
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:36 PM
What in the world are Shakey tails? Am I missing something?

Saddlebreds, Hackneys etc....

propspony
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:43 PM
Alicia Gasser was 3rd in the west coast regionals, but I don't see her name on the Maclay order. Did she decide not to go?

She was in the speed class last night at the Las Vegas Nationals, so I'm guessing she stayed closer to home. ;-p

The funny thing was... I had never heard of her, but during her round I looked over at my friend and commented: "Well, you can certainly tell when they come up through the eq ring..."

LOVED her horse.

Ammy Owner
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:44 PM
Oh, is this a COTH name you all have given them?

propspony
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:49 PM
Oh, is this a COTH name you all have given them?

Nope. It's been around since at least the 50s as far as I know.

Ammy Owner
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:52 PM
Haha never heard of that before!

Ammy Owner
Nov. 5, 2011, 12:53 PM
I guess a better question would be is this a name they call themselves? Or a name the H/J world has given them. Sorry I have no experience with Saddlebreds at all, maybe I should broaden my horizons..

Sing Mia Song
Nov. 5, 2011, 01:44 PM
Well, I can tell you that my roommate in college, who rode and showed Saddlebreds, said "What the hell is a shakeytail?" When I mentioned it. :winkgrin:

We had a lot of fun comparing notes. One of her initital criticisms of the hunters was "But your horses have no action!" She hadn't realized that we didn't want them to have that kind of movement.

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 5, 2011, 03:30 PM

:( Come on West Coast girlies! Although Olivia just cleaned UP in the older smalls... Champ & Reserve!

Cheer for Rebecca Heller :) She's a West Coaster and the sweetest girl ever. She made it to the top 25 at the USEF!

bascher
Nov. 5, 2011, 03:43 PM
Well, I can tell you that my roommate in college, who rode and showed Saddlebreds, said "What the hell is a shakeytail?" When I mentioned it. :winkgrin:

Haha I was showing my horse at Devon one year and the "shaky-tails" were going in the Dixon at the same time...needless to say he thought they were from another planet haha! Is it just a hunter person thing to call them shakey-tails because I know tons of people around here that do! I think I need to go make my horse live with some of them for awhile and maybe he will realize that they are actually horses just like he is :lol:

fair judy
Nov. 5, 2011, 03:46 PM
why can't i view the live feed? do you have to register?

MHM
Nov. 5, 2011, 03:56 PM
We had a lot of fun comparing notes. One of her initital criticisms of the hunters was "But your horses have no action!" She hadn't realized that we didn't want them to have that kind of movement.

You could tell her, "We like knee action *over* the jumps, not between the jumps." :lol:

SSacky
Nov. 5, 2011, 04:14 PM
:( Come on West Coast girlies! Although Olivia just cleaned UP in the older smalls... Champ & Reserve!

Cheer for Rebecca Heller :) She's a West Coaster and the sweetest girl ever. She made it to the top 25 at the USEF!

Olivia rides 29 if I looked correctly ;)

DarkStarrx
Nov. 5, 2011, 04:37 PM
So the big WC qualifier is on USEFnetwork now? Will it be archived? That was my favorite part about this week. I could come home and start at leisure.

Janeway
Nov. 5, 2011, 05:12 PM
why can't i view the live feed? do you have to register?

No it is free. But you have to make sure you have Silverlight installed on your computer.

Looking forward to the Maclay tomorrow! :yes:

MHM
Nov. 5, 2011, 05:20 PM
Does the GP start at 7:00 tonight?

War Admiral
Nov. 5, 2011, 05:47 PM
"Shakey tails" is definitely just a hunter thing. To Ammy Owner - they got this nickname b/c their tails "shake" when they rack. :)

ynl063w
Nov. 5, 2011, 05:51 PM
Is there an order of go for the class going on now? I don't see it in the usual place.

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 5, 2011, 06:33 PM
Does the GP start at 7:00 tonight?

Per prizelist, opening ceremonies and special awards presentation at 7pm, followed by GP. The feed starts at 7pm also.

Is there an order of go for the class going on now? I don't see it in the usual place.

I know, me either. I'm going to keep checking.

RumoursFollow
Nov. 5, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'd love to see the Shakey Tails return! I have two great saddlebreds in my barn and think it would be so neat to bring both kinds of horse!

Jumpthemoon16
Nov. 5, 2011, 07:47 PM
Has the iPhone broadcast been working?

Pony Soprano
Nov. 5, 2011, 07:51 PM
I am in love with Vanhattan, although I guess everyone is now =)

dp1092
Nov. 5, 2011, 07:53 PM

Olivia Esse goes 29 on Fernway Park

dp1092
Nov. 5, 2011, 07:54 PM
I am in love with Vanhattan, although I guess everyone is now =)

Miss Lillie's jumper she rode in the GM Clinic last year, Veronique. I could be wrong but I believe she got hurt :(

AliCat
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:00 PM
I must be stupid. Can someone give me a direct link? I can't even find the national horse show on that page linked on page 1 of this thread.

Perfect Pony
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:08 PM
This will be the maclay at 7am

http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/broadcast_185408.html?silverlight=1

AliCat
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:13 PM
Is anything happening in the grand prix? It says live, but I see nothing. I updated silverlight and registered on the website. Still have nothing.

dp1092
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:14 PM
I must be stupid. Can someone give me a direct link? I can't even find the national horse show on that page linked on page 1 of this thread.

http://usefnetwork.com/featured/NHS2011/

It's on USEF network, it was nice of them to mention that on the main page of the NHS :lol: ..not

refresh
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:15 PM
The Grand Prix is playing right now on USEF network. Simpler to get to.

dp1092
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:16 PM
I cannot wait to see Mason Phelp's orange pants tomorrow, always a highlight :D

AliCat
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:19 PM
The Grand Prix is playing right now on USEF network. Simpler to get to.

Thanks!

Is the Maclay going to be on that disaster site tomorrow? Can anyone get that site to play the grand prix? I really want to be able to watch tomorrow.

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:21 PM

http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/broadcast_185407.html?silverlight=1

Brydelle Farm
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:22 PM
This will be the maclay at 7pm

Maclay will be tomorrow at 7am (don't forget daylight savings time), final round at 3pm.

AliCat
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.ihigh.com/alltech/broadcast_185407.html?silverlight=1
I get absolutely nothing from that link. Not even an empty black box. Just a white screen where the box should be.

mroades
Nov. 5, 2011, 08:24 PM
thats because its on usefnetwork tonight