PDA

View Full Version : NHS - Maclay question

Ginger
Oct. 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hi all, I'd like to watch the finals for the Maclay class next Sunday, and also possibly some of the first round. With 200 riders, I don't know when the final round will start; the only schedule I have is that it starts at 8 a.m. What's the typical schedule for a class like this? Is the final in the evening? How long is the break between first and final round?

thanks!

MHM
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:56 AM
They might break for an hour or so after the flat phase to set and walk the second course. There are usually about 25 in that round, and then the top few may test after that. According to this schedule, the afternoon round will start at 3:00:

http://www.nhs2011.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Tentative_Schedule_9-18-11.pdf

findeight
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:04 AM
To see some first rounders if they are guestimating 3pm for the 2nd round start? You'd have to be there by about 1pm to catch the tail end of the order. Then sit thru breaking down the course and moving stuff, the flat phase-possibly split into more then one section-rebuilding the course and the course walk before they would resume jumping. This ring crew is quick...but...that break down and rebuild take time. Not that much fun to watch when you came to see jumping.

I am on vacation in warmer locales or I would come down. If I was coming, I'd plan on 3pm for the second round and top riders to test if needed and to see who wins.

Ginger
Oct. 30, 2011, 09:39 PM
Thank you both!

MHM
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:40 PM
You're welcome. :)

There will probably be plenty of vendors there if you want to shop during the break between the two jumping rounds. Plus there is plenty to see at the Horse Park aside from the show.

Ginger
Oct. 31, 2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks MHM! Sounds like a perfect way to spend the afternoon.