PDA

View Full Version : Kids tall boots

Hunter Mom
Oct. 29, 2011, 07:41 PM
DD may get to move into tall boots next year. I measured her, and have no idea where to look for boots taht will fit her. She has a smallish foot (5.5 or so) with a slimmish (12.5") and shortish (15.5") calf. We will definitely want used so she doesn't have to break them in, but what brands even start to fit this sort of kid?

JohnGalt
Oct. 29, 2011, 09:59 PM
I get a lot of boots for my students from eBay. Takes some searching but they're cheap and already broken in. It makes no sense to pay big $$ for boots they'll outgrow before they break in.

searching12321
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:40 PM
Try eBay and ask around who can take tall boots in. If you find something close in size buy them and get them taken in to fit her. I have done that with a few becAuse my daughter was really skinny legged. Just make sure they are tall enough.

Carolinadreamin'
Oct. 31, 2011, 09:24 AM
Our two local tack shops carry used boots on consignment, great buys for a growing foot!

MIKES MCS
Oct. 31, 2011, 02:47 PM
I usually have a few pair in that discription in my shop used .. They aren't that hard to find as long as your not picky as to brand.. I also find alot of kids DON't need zipppers , so that really widens the pool to look in .

pattnic
Nov. 1, 2011, 09:51 AM
Ariat makes kid's tall boots, and I saw as I was flipping through the Dover catalog last night that Mountain Horse now does, as well. It appears that Mtn Horse goes up into ladies' sizes, but with a "kid size" calf and height.