PDA

View Full Version : Pikeur Victory Breeches

huntereq1991
Oct. 29, 2011, 06:45 PM
Sorry to start another thread on Pikeur breeches, but....

I am very interested in purchasing a pair or two of the Pikeur Victory (the side zip version of the Ciaras). I heard that it was a good idea to purchase from a UK store to save money. However, I have looked at Amira shop, Panache Equestrian, and Cavelo and have not seen any Pikeur Victorys. They all carry the Ciara model, but I was really wanting a side zip. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable UK store that carries the Pikeur Victory....or maybe even a US store that has them on sale! I don't think I can handle the regular $300 price tag :eek:

Also, I would love to hear recommendations on the Ariat Olympias (side zip, plain front, euro seat) or other breeches that are of similar quality- mostly interested in some of the "microfiber" type fabrics....not crazy about anything that is mostly cotton.

Thanks!!

dp1092
Oct. 29, 2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry to start another thread on Pikeur breeches, but....

I am very interested in purchasing a pair or two of the Pikeur Victory (the side zip version of the Ciaras). I heard that it was a good idea to purchase from a UK store to save money. However, I have looked at Amira shop, Panache Equestrian, and Cavelo and have not seen any Pikeur Victorys. They all carry the Ciara model, but I was really wanting a side zip. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable UK store that carries the Pikeur Victory....or maybe even a US store that has them on sale! I don't think I can handle the regular $300 price tag :eek:

Also, I would love to hear recommendations on the Ariat Olympias (side zip, plain front, euro seat) or other breeches that are of similar quality- mostly interested in some of the "microfiber" type fabrics....not crazy about anything that is mostly cotton.

Thanks!!

I have Olympias and love them, never had Pikeur's because I refuse to buy the US price :cool: I'm in college...what do you expect

huntereq1991
Oct. 29, 2011, 07:11 PM
Have you found that your Olympias hold their shape? I was not happy with the lower end Ariat's and TS Cottons because I felt like they just got loose and didn't look tidy after a while. I am only willing to spend the money on a more expensive pair if they will stay looking neat and crisp for a while. I am a college student as well and funds are always tight! Thanks!

ETA: I am willing to spend the extra money on a great pair of breeches, but I would like to stay around the $200 mark....hence why I am looking for Pikeurs from the UK or a good sale here!

Justice
Oct. 29, 2011, 07:31 PM
Can you wait for the Beval sale or do you need them right away? If you subscribe to their email alerts they do sometimes have breeches sales where they are 20% off. Otherwise, the sale is in February.

huntereq1991
Oct. 29, 2011, 07:56 PM
Can you wait for the Beval sale or do you need them right away? If you subscribe to their email alerts they do sometimes have breeches sales where they are 20% off. Otherwise, the sale is in February.

I was hoping to have them before February......the old TS cotton breeches are looking pretty sad. I went ahead and just signed up for their email alerts so hopefully they will send out a coupon soon ;)
Thanks for the suggestion!

BAC
Oct. 29, 2011, 08:36 PM
OP, you do know that the Pikeur Victory breeches don't have the Euro seat right? At least they didn't when I was working in our local tack shop a couple of years ago. I mention this because your requirements for the Ariat breeches you are interested in you say you want the Euro seat.

dp1092
Oct. 29, 2011, 08:37 PM
Have you found that your Olympias hold their shape? I was not happy with the lower end Ariat's and TS Cottons because I felt like they just got loose and didn't look tidy after a while. I am only willing to spend the money on a more expensive pair if they will stay looking neat and crisp for a while. I am a college student as well and funds are always tight! Thanks!

I never had a problem with mine, but I know people who dry theirs in the dryer lose shape. I let mine hang dry and haven't had a problem

hijumpin1
Oct. 29, 2011, 08:41 PM
I have two that I bought second hand. They are wonderful.

huntereq1991
Oct. 29, 2011, 09:38 PM
OP, you do know that the Pikeur Victory breeches don't have the Euro seat right? At least they didn't when I was working in our local tack shop a couple of years ago. I mention this because your requirements for the Ariat breeches you are interested in you say you want the Euro seat.

BAC- Thanks for the heads up! Yes, I did notice that the Victorys don't have the euro seat. I was really wanting a euro seat, but I was very happy with the reviews that I had read for the Pikeur Victorys and the quality of the fabric so I was still looking for a good deal on them. I had also heard that they have a straight cut which would work perfectly for me. I was hoping that the Ariat Olympias might be another (slightly less expensive) alternative and they had the added euro seat; so I was also interested in them.

Do you happen to know of any other high end, good quality breeches with a "microfiber" feel that are side zip with a euro seat? The only other option I can come up with would be the TS Trophy Hunters in the Professional fabric. I own some pairs of the Ariat Pro Circuits (bought all of them on consignment) and love the fabric and feel. Just looking for something a little more updated with the euro seat.

Thanks again!! :)

baymarewithflair
Oct. 29, 2011, 10:06 PM
I bought a pair of the Olympias this past spring after only wearing Tailored Sportsmans for years. I was really happy with them! They are beautiful and keep their shape, even after repeated washings. I also like that they have a "gripper" calf instead of velcro, no more bulk under your boot.

huntereq1991
Oct. 30, 2011, 12:32 AM
I bought a pair of the Olympias this past spring after only wearing Tailored Sportsmans for years. I was really happy with them! They are beautiful and keep their shape, even after repeated washings. I also like that they have a "gripper" calf instead of velcro, no more bulk under your boot.

Just wondering how your TS compare to the Ariat Olympias in size. I wear a 26 in my TS and 24 in the Ariat Pro Circuits. Did you find that you had to go down a size in the Olympias?

Thank you!

baymarewithflair
Oct. 30, 2011, 10:20 AM
Just wondering how your TS compare to the Ariat Olympias in size. I wear a 26 in my TS and 24 in the Ariat Pro Circuits. Did you find that you had to go down a size in the Olympias?

Thank you!

I wear the same size in both. It's strange-- over the years it didn't seem to me that the sizing of TS breeches was very consistent. I normally wear a 28, but could sometimes wear a size up or down (or a long) and the pair would fit like what I already had.

Do you have a tack shop near you to try some on? If not, I know SmartPak has free shipping and return shipping if you need a different size. Good luck!

huntereq1991
Oct. 30, 2011, 12:15 PM
I wear the same size in both. It's strange-- over the years it didn't seem to me that the sizing of TS breeches was very consistent. I normally wear a 28, but could sometimes wear a size up or down (or a long) and the pair would fit like what I already had.

Do you have a tack shop near you to try some on? If not, I know SmartPak has free shipping and return shipping if you need a different size. Good luck!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't have a tack shop near me. I will most likely order through SmartPak and take advantage of the free shipping and return shipping.

Any other suggestions on breeches or comments about the Pikeur Victory breeches would be wonderful! Thank you guys!

Frantisi1
Oct. 31, 2011, 01:26 PM
The Victory Breech is made by Pikeur strictly for the North American Market. European Dealers have never seen it and it is not available to them.

See your authorized North American Pikeur Dealer.

Remember if you do not support your local tack shops they won't be there when you need them!

BAC
Oct. 31, 2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/Pikeur_Ladies__Breeches.html

You can buy Pikeur breeches at a much lower cost here, and they show you a huge variety of styles of Pikeur. I don't know if any of them are side zip though because as Frantisi1 said, the Victory is for the North American market. In Europe, women all seem to wear front zip breeches, maybe because except for the UK there are no hunter divisions.

huntereq1991
Oct. 31, 2011, 09:28 PM
I don't know if any of them are side zip though because as Frantisi1 said, the Victory is for the North American market. In Europe, women all seem to wear front zip breeches, maybe because except for the UK there are no hunter divisions.

I never thought of this, but it definitely makes sense! The market for side zip Pikeurs is very different in Europe than it is here. Thanks for the input!!

I just ordered a pair of Ariat Olympias from SmartPak. I will post an update when they arrive later this week :) Still would love to find a pair of Victorys on sale or gently used....but that might be easier said than done!!

It's a bit of a stretch, but is there anyone out there that has the Trophy Hunters (side zip) and Pikeur Victorys that could compare the two for me..... Thanks!!

BAC
Oct. 31, 2011, 09:41 PM
I don't have either but have seen both in the tack shops and the Pikeurs are far nicer IMO. Much nicer fabric and better quality overall, I would always take Pikeur over TS, even though I like TS breeches in general.

huntereq1991
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks BAC! That was kind of the response I thought I might get. I guess I will be saving up for a while to get the Pikeurs!

huntereq1991
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:49 PM
Just wanted to update-

Got the Ariat Olympias (side zip, plain front, euro seat) in the mail today! Of course, super fast shipping from SmartPak which I love :)

They are everything that I wanted!! The fabric is a Schoeller material with just enough stretch to be comfortable, but doesn't give that "painted on look" like tights do. Seems like they will last a very long time and stay looking nice and crisp! The sizing was perfect for me (I got a 24). I wear a 24 in the Pro Circuits and a 26 in Tailored Sportsmans or Grand Prix. They are cut slimmer through the hip/thigh than my other Ariats, which worked perfectly for me; my Pro Circuits sometimes tend to bunch up right there. My only wish is that they would have dark knee patches like TS. And of course, it would be nice if they were available in more colors so I could expand my collection :)

Thanks for all the suggestions! Happy Riding!

Hunter/JumperMom
Nov. 4, 2011, 01:30 PM
The Victory Breech is made by Pikeur strictly for the North American Market. European Dealers have never seen it and it is not available to them.

See your authorized North American Pikeur Dealer.

Remember if you do not support your local tack shops they won't be there when you need them!

I try to support my local tack shops as much as possible, but when I can buy two pair of Pikeurs delivered for a little more than the price of one locally, I will get delivered from Europe!