PDA

View Full Version : cwd wide fitting

colorfan
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:11 PM
I am wondering how a CWD fits compared to other brands?

Is it considered a wide fitting saddle? I would consider a Passier and Stubben narrow or tighter fitting, I have heard that Decoucou are also on the narrow side.

Does anyone know if CWD's (typically) accomodate a wide shoulder?

thanks for the help.

Sunnyhorse
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:44 PM
I bought mine to fit my "55-gallon-drum" pony, a Welsh-Arab cross whom nothing else would fit. Per my vet/chiro, it also fits my new horse, a TB with a very round shoulder. Surprisingly enough, it's a medium tree. I don't even want to know what kind of critter takes a wide tree in one of these things! :D

Showjumper28
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:02 AM
I just ordered one for my big guy. He has HUGE shoulders. He went amazing in it. Much more comfortable on the flat and the difference in his jump was fantastic. He was really able to lift through his shoulder. They are designed to allow a lot of room for the shoulders. So excited, can'twait for mine to get here.

doublesstable
Oct. 29, 2011, 01:12 AM
They are very good for a wide shoulder horse. The only thing that would fit my horses.

CWD has a cut out at the shoulder and I think that is what makes the difference. Also like the other poster said mine is a medium too.

kelsey97
Oct. 29, 2011, 07:13 AM
The gullet is wider on a CWD than other saddles and has a sculpted panel to free up the shoulders. I also have a medium tree: It fits DD's propane tank medium pony with baby pad, fits young/growing/constantly changing wide shouldered QH/TB cross with a Thinline, and fits shark fin, slab sided TB with a sheepskin half pad.
I chose CWD over other brands because it was the only saddle that could accommodate my three very different horses and I fell in love with it on the first ride. My custom one is even better :)

colorfan
Oct. 31, 2011, 06:21 PM
thank you good to know.