PDA

View Full Version : Boots press on achilles tendon... help?

Perfect10
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:27 PM
The way my new beautiful tall boots are breaking down makes them fold in and the zipper press on my achilles tendon. It hurts to walk, and whereas these don't give me a blister like my old ones, it is difficult and painful to walk when your achilles tendon is being pressed on! Any tips on how to push that part of the boot out so that it doesn't press on my achilles tendon?

ballisticgirl
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:41 PM
I can only recommend a gel sleeve to place around your ankle until your boots break in completely. I used to use these with new figure skating boots back when I skated and have since used them with great relief (and less pain, throbbing and blisters) with new field boots. I mean we are talking these things change your attitude! ; )

http://bungapads.com/bunga-achilles-heel-pad-ahp.html

EverAfter
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:53 PM
My old boots did that to me. I would literally have indentions on my tendons from it.. I just started to only wear them right when I got on my horse and take them off right when I was done.. I ended up getting a new pair.

SkipChange
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:59 PM
I can only recommend a gel sleeve to place around your ankle until your boots break in completely. I used to use these with new figure skating boots back when I skated and have since used them with great relief (and less pain, throbbing and blisters) with new field boots. I mean we are talking these things change your attitude! ; )

http://bungapads.com/bunga-achilles-heel-pad-ahp.html

Yep, go with something like this. Equifit makes gel bands (Smartpak carries them) that I use. I can't ride without them! Love them, very comfortable!

doublesstable
Oct. 28, 2011, 09:01 PM
I just bought a pair of zip up boots for every day instead of half chaps and they did that to me too.

I massaged conditioner on those areas pretty thick, then put a block inside the boot and zipped it up to push that area out.

I fixed the right one and the left one is much better. So I will keep doing it and hope it will work.

Hunter Mom
Oct. 29, 2011, 07:18 PM
I just bought a pair of zip up boots for every day instead of half chaps and they did that to me too.

I massaged conditioner on those areas pretty thick, then put a block inside the boot and zipped it up to push that area out.

I fixed the right one and the left one is much better. So I will keep doing it and hope it will work.

What do you mean by a block?

PNWjumper
Oct. 29, 2011, 10:57 PM
Whenever my boots wrinkle in an uncomfortable place, I get them soaking wet in that area. I haven't ever had that not fix the problem in one or two tries. It makes the leather soft and pliable, and it allows it to conform to your leg rather than digging into it.

My Vogels dug in at the same place and it was the zipper putting most of the pressure on my achilles tendon, and getting them wet worked wonders just like it does on regular leather wrinkles.

doublesstable
Oct. 29, 2011, 11:08 PM
What do you mean by a block?

I use a block of wood. The size fits so it pushes the leather out.

You could actually use just about anything to form the leather. I have used plastic hair clips on high heels to stretch a strap. Or a plastic cup. Whatever fits to shape it. (if that makes sense)