PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt and Hamilton?

Cacique
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
Yes, I'm STILL college searching. Hopefully at least some of you will find this an entertaining way to relive your college days. I really appreciate the advice I've gotten on here (both Sewanee and W&L are on my list thanks to you guys!) thus far, and I was hoping you could continue to help me out.

Any info on riding at Vandy or Hamilton? Both the IHSA teams and the local horse scene in H/J (and, if you happen to know, eventing too! H/J is the priority though).

pony4me
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:20 PM
Vandy has a great group of riders, and they ride at Hunter's Court in Murfreesboro. www.hunterscourt.com. I don't have the email address of anyone on the team, but maybe HC would have that, or could take your info and pass it on to them.

It is a very expensive school, but you probably knew that.

Cacique
Oct. 28, 2011, 09:03 PM
Vandy has a great group of riders, and they ride at Hunter's Court in Murfreesboro. www.hunterscourt.com. I don't have the email address of anyone on the team, but maybe HC would have that, or could take your info and pass it on to them.

It is a very expensive school, but you probably knew that.

Thanks. And yes, last night my mom and I were watching a video tour "tuition is 37,000 a year, and with an extra 11,000 for room and board, not to mention expenses it will come to 50,00 a year" :eek::eek:

I have looked at the HC website and it looks really nice! I know the team only practices 2x a week, but I would love to have more opportunities to ride beyond that which is my only concern (since with $50k a year there won't be much left over for anything beyond school). What does the area look like in terms of potential ws opportunities?

supershorty628
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:54 PM
I know people at both schools, if you want contacts.

Also, I am looking at vet schools in preparation for applying next year (yikes!!!) so totally feel your pain of looking around everywhere.

MHM
Oct. 28, 2011, 11:19 PM
Are you talking about Hamilton College in Clinton?

If they still ride at White Fox Farm, the facility is BEAUTIFUL. Not new, but maintained well and upgraded all the time. David Raposa, one of the farm's owners, takes great pride in keeping up the property.

There are a couple of other H/J places in the area, but not as close to the school. I don't know anything about the eventing scene.

The town of Clinton is cute, but small. If you plan to have a car with you, there are some bigger towns nearby.