PDA

View Full Version : MY WIHS PRESAUNCE CLASS PICK FOR TONIGHT!!!!

findlymine
Oct. 28, 2011, 05:24 PM
h

vbunny
Oct. 28, 2011, 05:47 PM
Em, Puissance?

findlymine
Oct. 28, 2011, 05:49 PM
Em, Puissance?
This is NOT a spelling contest!!!!!!!! Sorry I even put it up now!!!!!

MyssMyst
Oct. 28, 2011, 06:40 PM

Hey, you're the one who didn't spell check... I don't even know what a presaunce is :confused:

cnvh
Oct. 28, 2011, 06:41 PM
Good lord findly, if you're going to butcher THAT word THAT badly, you're going to have to expect someone to call you on it... That'd be like a runner misspelling the word "marathon."

ballisticgirl
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:01 PM
Points for anyone that can translate Puissance into english! Ha!

And big dollars if you can translate Presaunce! : )

Madeline
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:02 PM

Puissance is power

Presauce ? who knows...

dp1092
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:04 PM
Not to be a party pooper here but, is it really that big of a deal? So what he/she obviously spelled Puissance wrong, don't need to make them feel bad about it

Heinz 57
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:06 PM
Good lord findly, if you're going to butcher THAT word THAT badly, you're going to have to expect someone to call you on it... That'd be like a runner misspelling the word "marathon."

I suppose if you were trying to spell it phoenetically and had not seen, but only heard, the word.... pre- does sound a bit like you might pronounce 'pui-'.

It took me a minute of pre-sauce? presence?

Psssst. OP. If you 'advanced edit' your OP, you can change it!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHM
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
Would it be that hard to be a little kind about a spelling error?

Or maybe just let it pass without comment?

I haven't looked at the start list, but if Margie's in it, I'd always bet on her in that class! She's a contender in any class, but she really has more experience than most in this one. :yes:

dp1092
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:01 PM

I haven't looked at the start list, but if Margie's in it, I'd always bet on her in that class! She's a contender in any class, but she really has more experience than most in this one. :yes:

I keep checking for an Order of Go and cannot find one! Cannot wait to watch Guy McLean AGAIN! He's amazing

lauriep
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:04 PM
Why let it pass? You can KINDLY tell her how to spell a word that is part and parcel of our industry. A horse person should know how to spell words that pertain to horses. Why be offended?

Guin
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:08 PM
Why let it pass? You can KINDLY tell her how to spell a word that is part and parcel of our industry. A horse person should know how to spell words that pertain to horses. Why be offended?

Especially when the word the person makes up is unintelligible. How could anyone have any idea what the OP was even trying to say?:confused: Seriously, get a dictionary.

sonomacounty
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:10 PM
I think we learned how to make presaunces in cooking school. :)

ballisticgirl
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
Julia child was presauncing her Duck a L'orange.

ballisticgirl
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:16 PM
Is this a dog show or a horse show? What's up with the Jack Russels?

dp1092
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:18 PM
Is this a dog show or a horse show? What's up with the Jack Russels?

I don't know but they're cute :yes:

Windsor1
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:32 PM

My thoughts exactly. And I knew what she meant when I read the title.

The way some of you have a field day with this kind of thing, I can only imagine how much fun you must've had with the fat kid in elementary school.

Sorry, findlymine.

ballisticgirl
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:37 PM
Where is the Presaunce? I am slapping my computer over here looking at rodeo action. Am I dreaming?

Flashy Gray VA
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:41 PM
A horse person should know how to spell words that pertain to horses.

This^^^

cnvh
Oct. 28, 2011, 08:53 PM

And THIS is why s/he got jumped on. A simple "oops, lol!" would have avoided the trainwreck.

Tha Ridge
Oct. 28, 2011, 09:57 PM
I might be wrong, but I think the OP has a disability, so you might want to be a little gentle. Talons can retract now.

MHM
Oct. 28, 2011, 09:59 PM
I might be wrong, but I think the OP has a disability, so you might want to be a little gentle. Talons can retract now.

Ditto.

MHM
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:02 PM
You all are brutal! (I love it.)

How nice for you.

Flypony
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:27 PM
Bullies :-(

lauriep
Oct. 29, 2011, 10:32 AM

And many, including me, wouldn't know that. Thus the KIND part of my post. To the ones being nasty about it, GROW UP! If you are not kids, then you are acting like them. If you are kids, try and find the manners you so obviously have lost.

ridingagain
Oct. 29, 2011, 10:45 AM
Disability or not, cut them a little slack. I knew what he/she meant. This board can be so vicious sometimes! Hope I spelled that right ;)!

MHM
Oct. 29, 2011, 11:53 AM
This board can be so vicious sometimes! Hope I spelled that right ;)!

I believe you did.

Even if you didn't, that would be no reason to make fun of you.

What a shame that the word would even come up on this board regarding the behavior of humans. It's sad enough when used to describe an unfortunate horse or dog. :(

HGem
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:11 PM
Wow this is sad. Seriously. Just because someone is a horse person doesn't mean they can spell! I highly doubt every lawyer knows how to spell all the words they use. Not to mention it could have just been a typo. No one has ever made a typo before?

And honestly, I think everyone knew what she meant.

Grow up. Really. :eek:

Heinz 57
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
And honestly, I think everyone knew what she meant.

And HONESTLY? I didn't. I sat there for two minutes thinking pre-sauce? Presence? Is there a 'presaunce' class I don't know about? Then I read the other posts, realized it was puissance, and thought yeah, that does kind of sound similar to 'presaunce'.

I'm pretty sure most of the posts weren't as mean as you read them to be. Mine sure wasn't. I even explained how the OP could EDIT THE TITLE to correct the mistake and that I could see how if you were trying to spell a word you'd HEARD but not READ a lot, that presaunce would sound very close to puissance.

geez.

MHM
Oct. 29, 2011, 01:08 PM
Heinz, for what it's worth, your post on the previous page did not come across to me as mean at all.

Some of the other posts, however.... :(

Carol Ames
Oct. 29, 2011, 01:40 PM
Puissance means, or has since my junior years:lol: "strength" Where do I collect?

Carol Ames
Oct. 30, 2011, 09:24 PM
It is sometimes translated as "power"

Puissance means, or has since my junior years:lol: "strength" Where do I collect?