PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Horse at New Vocations

LS
Oct. 28, 2011, 03:53 PM
I always enjoy looking at horses available for adoption through Canter or New Vocations. There are some new ones at N.V.; I am no conformation expert but this guy seems really nice! For those of you looking for a new horse (or a diversion from your work day), enjoy. :)
http://www.horseadoption.com/dubai-rainbow/

cottonXCblondie
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:49 PM
thanks for (yet) another site to drool over ponies all day! I like My Scandalous Girl. she's presh.

TheJenners
Oct. 28, 2011, 07:28 PM
Wow, I can't believe he's five, he's so pretty that it makes him look younger! :)

RumoursFollow
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:03 AM
Love him! I got one from there less than a month ago though, so I'm now only a window shopper. They are lovely horses.

mojo7777
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:11 AM
Check out the one they just added, Forest.

Mukluk
Oct. 29, 2011, 12:31 PM
He's gorgeous!!! Unfortunately I only have the time and money for one AND I live in CA. I think someone is going to be very happy with him.

jetsmom
Oct. 29, 2011, 01:43 PM
I always enjoy looking at horses available for adoption through Canter or New Vocations. There are some new ones at N.V.; I am no conformation expert but this guy seems really nice! For those of you looking for a new horse (or a diversion from your work day), enjoy. :)
http://www.horseadoption.com/dubai-rainbow/

You've got nice taste. He's lovely.

LS
Oct. 29, 2011, 05:13 PM
It would be hard to go wrong for $700.00! He seems well-proportioned to me. A fun game is to scroll through the thumbnails (esp. on Canter) and see if you can spot horses with good conformation without enlarging the photo. Now I've revealed that I spend way too much time on the computer, lol. :)
I had an OTTB when I was younger and have a soft spot for them; it's nice to see people doing such a great job of presenting them for adoption.

Cacique
Oct. 29, 2011, 06:19 PM
So cute! Watching that video made me want to steal him away too, considering that the rider spent half of it posting on the wrong diagonal and the entirety of the video with her hands literally touching her knees. I hope the horse finds someone a little more skilled to finish him nicely. :no: Sorry to be snotty, but I hate seeing stuff like that.

Skyedragon
Oct. 29, 2011, 08:05 PM
I LOVE looking at the horses at NV. They seem to get some really, really nice ones, and their adoption prices are reasonable. I am honestly not a big fan of CANTER, I think their adoptions are far too strict and their expectations of housing for the adopted horses are far beyond what the normal person can offer.

RumoursFollow
Oct. 29, 2011, 08:29 PM
I've had both CANTER (3) and NV (1) now and have had nothing but good experiences with both. It just so happened that the horse I wanted was at NV, but I wouldnt hesitate to get one from CANTER again.

Kryswyn
Oct. 29, 2011, 10:14 PM
He's gorgeous and no chrome to bath and clip all show season long! What a shine on him. That boy is well cared for. Good for his people to let him go to a 2d productive career. :)

CrimsonInClover
Oct. 29, 2011, 11:26 PM
I've been getting on NV daily just to look at him he is so lovely!

Phaxxton
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:58 AM
I am in love with this horse. I hope a really good home snatches him up soon before I start making room here. I think he's lovely...

I have a STB I adopted from New Vocations years ago and I had an excellent experience with them. They are a really great organization to deal with, so someone go get this boy!

TatteredDaydreamer
Oct. 30, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think I'm in love. What a lovely, lovely boy. I really wish I had the funds or the place to go grab him. Wow.....and he's my absolute favorite color.

Ibex
Oct. 30, 2011, 04:37 PM
So cute! Watching that video made me want to steal him away too, considering that the rider spent half of it posting on the wrong diagonal and the entirety of the video with her hands literally touching her knees. I hope the horse finds someone a little more skilled to finish him nicely. :no: Sorry to be snotty, but I hate seeing stuff like that.

VERY VERY common way to ride young horses who know nothing about contact or are being retrained. The person in the video is likely someone who rides a lot of very green horses and knows exactly what they're doing.

monalisa
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:39 AM
Forest is adorable. I am tempted!

monalisa
Nov. 1, 2011, 07:48 AM
It seems Forest is already gone, but Dubai is also very very cute.

caffeinated
Nov. 1, 2011, 12:25 PM
I am honestly not a big fan of CANTER, I think their adoptions are far too strict and their expectations of housing for the adopted horses are far beyond what the normal person can offer.

I hate to even ask, but having been involved in this program I'm sort of confused at your comments - given that we transfer ownership and have sent horses to people in all kinds of situations (whether they board or keep horses at home, or on field board), I'm just sort of surprised to read that. Not that it really matters - there are so many great horses with different groups there are plenty out there and people have a wide variety of different groups to work with that suit them best. It's just that your comments are a bit at odds with my experience, as someone who has approved folks for our horses (mostly normal folks just like me, who board, and a few who had their own small properties)

(and as for the OP... the horse this thread is about? drool!!!!! he is *REALLY* lovely, can't wait to see where he ends up!)

tarheelmd07
Nov. 1, 2011, 01:08 PM
Oh my, Dubai is lovely...restraining myself from emailing about him...

(i do not need another horse...i do not need another horse...)

but he's just my type...and the perfect color...and my gelding would love to have a little buddy...

LS
Nov. 2, 2011, 10:01 PM
He's no longer listed; someone got a NICE horse! :yes:

gold2012
Nov. 9, 2011, 09:47 PM
Yup.