PDA

View Full Version : Good pony trainers and programs in California?

Perfect Pony
Oct. 28, 2011, 02:07 PM
Are there any good pony trainers with suitable riders for a green large hunter pony in Northern California?

Peggy
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:00 PM
Don't know who she rides with but Peyton Warren did an awesome job with a friend's medium. Very organized and focussed too.

Perfect Pony
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
Looks like she was riding at Leone, wonder if they might be a good option since they have a big program and shows? Barns just don't seem to "do ponies" here like they do in the East.

carolinagirl17
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
peyton rides with jill humphrey and rudy leone at leone equestrians inc in norcal. definitely who i would choose for ponies. peyton is an amazing young rider and jill and rudy are great trainers

mrsbradbury
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:23 PM
I would recommend Laura Gerst, Windy Hills Equestrian in Los Altos Hills.

PonyPenny
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:10 PM
Joey Pedroni Stables in Petaluma is also very good. My daughter's old pony is there. She has several ponies in training. Here is her info: Joey Pedroni Stables call 707-792-2900 or e-mail JoeyPedroni@yahoo.com.

LovesHorses
Oct. 29, 2011, 09:09 PM
www.beverlyjovais.com.

Brookes
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:09 AM
I second Joey Pedroni! She is delightful and had a great season with her team this year. This is a fun barn, young and relaxed. I know a number of her riders and they all adore Joey and love riding with her. The parents of her young riders love Joey and how she works with their children and ponies/horses. She does a great job with the ponies. She has a gorgeous facility to train at.

Please give her a call and go visit her you won't be sorry!

Perfect Pony
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the recommendations, there are a few I never thought of, but look good on their websites (and are names I have heard good things about!) I am at a crossroads and am not 100% sure if this pony wants to do what I want, but I do know that early next year she needs to go back in a program and start jumping regularly, and I would prefer one with kids and a pony program so I can find a kid to show her next year in the pony/short stirrup divisions.

dab
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:44 AM
www.beverlyjovais.com (http://www.beverlyjovais.com).:yes:

Perfect Pony
Oct. 30, 2011, 11:55 AM
:yes:

Beverly Jovais is awesome and a great facility but I might end up divorced if I paid her prices!

LovesHorses
Oct. 30, 2011, 03:42 PM
I would look outside the Bay Area if Beverly is too expensive. All those barns mentioned are in the high rent district. I have a friend in Sacramento that does a good job if you PM me. She only takes in a few ponies at a time and specializes in young and green.

Perfect Pony
Oct. 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
I would look outside the Bay Area if Beverly is too expensive. All those barns mentioned are in the high rent district. I have a friend in Sacramento that does a good job if you PM me. She only takes in a few ponies at a time and specializes in young and green.

I am pretty well aware of the prices around here. $1200-$1400 is doable and standard, $1700+ is high even for Petaluma. A high end pony might be worth it, but not a mid-range pony IMO.