PDA

View Full Version : Ironing Tailored Sportsmans?

JBCool
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:28 AM
I have a pair of Tailored Sportsman supremes that have been sitting folded on a closet shelf and are rather wrinkled. I need them next week as backups. Has anyone tried to iron or steam their TS breeches? Thanks

cswoodlandfairy
Oct. 28, 2011, 10:33 AM
I have a pair of Tailored Sportsman supremes that have been sitting folded on a closet shelf and are rather wrinkled. I need them next week as backups. Has anyone tried to iron or steam their TS breeches? Thanks

I typically put mine in the dryer and put it on the delicate cycle for about 10 minutes. Ive also done the dryell sheets too. Always works great for me.

judybigredpony
Oct. 28, 2011, 02:42 PM
I would be hesitant to subject the material to heat of an iron for risk of shiny/scorched spot..

kelsey97
Oct. 28, 2011, 03:44 PM
Iron on low heat or Downy wrinkle releaser works really well.

Squirt
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:26 PM
Mist with plain water and hang on a hanger. They should hang out the wrinkles.

Tha Ridge
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:29 PM
Mist with plain water and hang on a hanger. They should hang out the wrinkles.

Or just put them on a hanger and leave them in the bathroom with you while you shower. Works just like a steamer.

JBCool
Oct. 28, 2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I had thought of the shower and the dryer ideas, but wanted some personal experience stories first. Thanks again. Here goes!

giddybiddy
Oct. 28, 2011, 05:09 PM
As long as you don't do what I did really late the night before my first New England Finals...which would be ironing over the leather knee patch. I now have a nice pair of charred TS Trophy Hunters!

horsegal301
Oct. 28, 2011, 05:17 PM
Turn them inside out, mist, iron.... turn them right side out, hang on hanger overnight to keep creases in.

reay6790
Oct. 28, 2011, 11:33 PM
either put them on low heat for about 5-10 min or just spritz some water on them and hang them up :)