PDA

View Full Version : TB Pedigree?

supaflyskye
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:01 PM
What do pedigree buffs think about this (http://www.pedigreequery.com/m+j+point) TB pedigree for sport?
Specifics would be great. Just trying to learn!
Thanks in advance.

supaflyskye
Oct. 24, 2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone?
I know nothing about TB bloodlines!

App'nover
Oct. 24, 2011, 05:03 PM
There is a lot to love in this pedigree even from a quick glance! From Northern Dancer to Special the mare he was bred to who was a full sister of Thatch, sire of the amazing Prince Thatch used in European warmblood breeding, to Relic, Prince John and his phenomenal son Stage Door Johnny.... love that Double Jay is up so close and Heliopolis on the papers. You can search any of these horses on this board and get tons of info.

camohn
Oct. 24, 2011, 05:21 PM
what is "special" about this pedigree is that Stage Door Johnny and Double Jay are that close up.

supaflyskye
Oct. 24, 2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks so much for the info! I've done google searches on some of her ancestors, but it hadn't occurred to me to search the forums. I'll get on that!
I know next to nothing about bloodlines, etc, but I really want to start educating myself. It is interesting to know that this mare has things in her pedigree that stand out. She is definitely quality in all physical respects, but very sensitive mentally and doesn't really let things go, if that makes sense.

Thanks again for the information - would love to hear more. :)