PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite BREATHABLE dressage boots for your horse?

madoy
Oct. 23, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hello,
Looking for a new set of boots for my horse. Must be very breathable, top priority. What are your favorites these days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions! :)

Forte
Oct. 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hi Madoy,
Long time no see!
Not really a boot, but I like the Eskadron Climatex quilts for breathability. I use the quilts underneath polo wraps and I find that it allows much more airflow than a boot. That said, they are time consuming to wrap with.
Cheers,
Sara

horsefaerie
Oct. 23, 2011, 08:17 PM
The fast wraps or quick wraps that classic equine once made were like polos in the material and boots in the construction. Duratech makes them now but I can only find them in Navy and black.

Rarely have heat build up.

NorCalDressage
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hello,
Looking for a new set of boots for my horse. Must be very breathable, top priority. What are your favorites these days?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions! :)

What about boots lined with real sheepskin?

I've been using some Eskadron open fronts that have sheepskin in them and they really do keep the legs a lot cooler than anything else I've used.

ironbessflint
Oct. 23, 2011, 10:19 PM
I like the Equilibrium Stretch and Flex Wraps.

alto
Oct. 23, 2011, 11:22 PM
D & P had these (http://www.newequinewear.co.uk/products/horse-boots-and-accessories/horse-dressage-boots) in the half price bin last week - I picked up the brushing boot version: they are very light weight at least (haven't actually tried them yet).

esdressage
Oct. 24, 2011, 01:30 AM
Not really a boot, but I like the Eskadron Climatex quilts for breathability. I use the quilts underneath polo wraps and I find that it allows much more airflow than a boot.

Ditto! I love those wraps and if you wrap daily, you do get fast at it. My horse's legs stay really nice and cool underneath, and I'm in super-hot AZ! I don't like to boot at all here in the summers when it gets hot, but I love those Climatex wraps.

SisterToSoreFoot
Oct. 24, 2011, 01:46 PM
I second the equilibrium stretch & flexes. (http://www.equilibriumproducts.com/leg_protection/stretch_amp_flexreg_flatwork_wraps/)..very cool, even on hot days. They aren't super heavy duty so they won't work for horses who interfere, but they are a great, light boot for everyday work and protection from small knocks.