PDA

View Full Version : Pam Fowler Grace - opinions?

TequilaMockingbird
Oct. 22, 2011, 05:19 PM
Anyone had experience with her either in clinics or lessons? Also, any experiences or opinions on the facilities or service at Freeman Ranch?

She is someone I'd be very interested in working with once I go to a full time lease or purchase a horse. It doesn't look like they have school horses so she is probably out of the question for now. The facilities seem very nice at a reasonable price, though it's hard to get an idea of the quality of turnout from a website.

Feel free to PM me if you do not feel comfortable sharing something publicly (good or bad).

SnicklefritzG
Oct. 22, 2011, 08:50 PM
I haven't met her, but I did see her ride her Grand Prix horse "Pay-N-Go" at the Kentucky horse park a number of years ago. I thought she was a wonderful rider and very soft.

BetterOffRed
Oct. 22, 2011, 09:27 PM
When I was awarded my Gifted grant, I spent a week with Pam Fowler Grace. I feel like that week was a real turning point for me, partially due to the fact that Pam really opened me up to be a more thoughtful rider and to interpret my horse's behavior and how to work together in a partnership. She really gave us a lot of tools that I took away and still use today. After that week, I cliniced several more times with her and found her just as effective.

I found her to be upbeat, clear and concise in her instruction, helpful in working through issues and finding solutions and kind in working with me and with the horses she had in training.

I don't know about Freeman Ranch, when I rode with her she was a Rancho Los Caballos and all of the horses that she had there were very well cared for.