PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Global Dressage Festival?

Plantagenet
Oct. 21, 2011, 07:34 AM
I've been reading the press about the 5 CDIs and 11 national shows that will be 'staged' at a 'venue still being constructed.'

I was in Wellington a few weeks ago and nothing had been built on the proposed PBIEF dressage show grounds. All I saw was parked equipment and a small amount of dirt that had been moved around. Presumably for the ground breaking?

Is anyone down there now and have they seen any movement on the property?

I concerned about planning a CDI schedule for next season-is there a back up plan if the facility isn't built?

Mardi
Oct. 21, 2011, 11:26 AM
There's an ad for the show in the latest issue of USEF's Equestrian... although the ad is placed by the sponsors, and not the show itself.

Contact Ken Braddick at Dressage News...he'd know.

carovet
Oct. 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
Doesn't it take awhile for a ring's base to really settle? I would have thought they would be well underway by now.

Im planning to come down for some of the long weekend shows, the schedule looks super!
Anyone know if there will be permanent stabling?
Ready to be done with the tents there!!!
we want more details...........

grayandbay
Oct. 23, 2011, 01:04 PM
Nothing new has been built. Yes, dirt has been moved but nothing more. They do have the ability to run their scheduled shows at the existing WEF showgrounds but that most likely means, again, we will get tent stabling far away from the show rings. and have to walk our horses between all the jumpers/hunters/mini bikes ,and golf carts.
If you look at the show schedule for the winter season, their is many other CDI's and open National Shows held by Wellington Dressage Classic, Gold Coast Dressage and IHSPB
Good luck with your plans ! Enjoy the weather in South Florida !