PDA

View Full Version : Schleese saddle fit - Alberta?

rugbygirl
Oct. 18, 2011, 02:29 PM
Posting this here because I've never seen another Schleese Hunter saddle in my vicinity...some Dressage riders in the area have them though.

Does anyone know of a barn/group/facility that brings in a Schleese fitting rep with any regularity? I checked the website, but it only has listings for BC right now. I have a JES Elite that I think is very close to working on my Jumper, but we've had some problems with his back and saddle fit in the past...I am more than willing to pay a professional to make sure it works on him...I'd like to have this done in the next 6-8 weeks though, as my plan is to put this horse back into a regular program over the winter. He is in quite good condition now, but I also recognize that future fittings might be required...so I was hoping to find somewhere that might have a regular schedule?

I live in a remote area, so I haul my horse down for all sorts of things already, I could attend a session just about anywhere in the Province if haul-ins are permitted.

Barring a Schleese fitter, I was thinking of maybe seeing if Danny Kroetch could fit the saddle? I was considering a custom or semi-custom for this horse, but when I pulled out the Schleese this weekend, I was surprised at how well it fits him now. My logic was that if Danny can't fit it, maybe I'll by a new saddle from him...but I'd like to give an honest try to the saddle I've got. Mostly from a utility perspective...it's in excellent shape and a lovely saddle, seems a shame to "discard" it in favor of a new one.

albertaeventer
Oct. 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
They do make trips to Alberta a few times a year, I am on the mailing list but of course I didn't save the last email so I don't have any info:P IIRC they made a stop up in the Edmonton area and down near Okotoks?

I would maybe email them directly and ask, that would probably be your best bet!

rugbygirl
Oct. 18, 2011, 10:46 PM
Your helmet cam is teh awesome. Followed the link in your signature :)

Thanks for the saddle info, I'm still waiting to hear back from the customer service rep...good to know that there's a chance they are coming to the area though!

PaulaM
Oct. 19, 2011, 11:34 AM
They were just here in September, next trip out will be in March / April.

Oh, I have a Schleese jumping saddle and love it!! This is from March, I only wish he looked like this now...It has been a hard 3 months since I've ridden him.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199594_10150106363502343_657877342_6879946_2984933 _n.jpg

PaulaM
Oct. 19, 2011, 11:40 AM
Oh, you would be best to wait for Schleese to fit your saddle as you can transfer the warranty into your name. If you have anyone else work on your saddle, it will no longer be covered by the warranty.

They are excellent to work with in regards to fitting the saddles too, even when purchased used.

rugbygirl
Oct. 19, 2011, 12:15 PM
Can you PM the name of some of the barns they stop at? Are you still at Flying Colours? I'll start calling some of the owners to see if we can haul in for the next time at least.

Maybe I can try one of those thinline pads for a little while.

PaulaM
Oct. 19, 2011, 12:25 PM
I am actually at Lazy B (just down from Amberlea) Schleese is really good, they will help try to find a location for you to haul to. They make many different stops all the way from Lethbridge on up to Grande Prairie, etc. Last March the barn gave permission for another lady to haul in to have hers fitted.

Call Miriam at Schleese, she will give you the best advise or put you in contact with one fo their fitters who can provide the best advise.

alto
Oct. 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
I live in a remote area, so I haul my horse down for all sorts of things already, I could attend a session just about anywhere in the Province if haul-ins are permitted.

Depending where you are, you might consider just hauling into Chilliwack (Mane Event) just to get this sorted now rather than waiting several months for an Alberta session - if Schleese isn't giving you any possible dates, there's unlikey to be a clinic any time soon.
I'm in BC & had considered Schleese but with a 3-4 yr old, I just couldn't deal with the 6-12 month delay between fitting clinics (company line is 3 months BUT if there aren't enough clients lined up, the clinic will be cancelled).
I don't know of any local reps anymore.

rugbygirl
Oct. 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
^ yeah, that's a good suggestion...I thought about it. I'm just worried about hauling my trailer through the passes at this time of year. Winter tires just don't work for flash blizzards in the Crow's Nest...:eek:

Now, if they are planning a trip to SASKATCHEWAN, that I could do. Flat land much easier to negotiate. :winkgrin:

alto
Oct. 19, 2011, 03:39 PM
They do offer the onine fit consultations as well, & since you already have a saddle that suits you as a rider, I'd be more inclined to try an online consult than if you were looking for you & the horse (it's really great to be able to ride in the different saddle models etc - not so much an option with Schleese unless you're looking at dressage saddles :lol: )

The weather forecast here is pretty mild - it's been sunny all week but is naturally supposed to rain for the Mane Event but NO downpour, so it may just hold off, & fairer weather into next week :)

TropicalStorm
Oct. 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
Yes, Natalie from Schleese comes to my barn in Okotoks twice a year (as stated, next trip will be March/April) I quite like her - and have never had any problems with my saddle.

I believe they have 6 stops in Alberta

i agree though, as you just missed the last time they were here, I would consider trailering to The Mane Event

Ibex
Oct. 19, 2011, 04:48 PM
Depending where you are, you might consider just hauling into Chilliwack (Mane Event) just to get this sorted now rather than waiting several months for an Alberta session - if Schleese isn't giving you any possible dates, there's unlikey to be a clinic any time soon.
I'm in BC & had considered Schleese but with a 3-4 yr old, I just couldn't deal with the 6-12 month delay between fitting clinics (company line is 3 months BUT if there aren't enough clients lined up, the clinic will be cancelled).
I don't know of any local reps anymore.

John Meriwether is an independent Schleese rep from the Seattle area - he comes up to Bellingham/Ferndale fairly often, and I know is willing to come up here if there's sufficient demand... He'll fit other saddle brands as well... :yes: