PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Sale Barn?

NightMare
Oct. 18, 2011, 01:30 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion for a very well reputed sales barn on the West coast? We have a young and very talented dressage prospect for sale and we are not equipped to market or show her appropriately - my daughter has already sold her dressage saddle!

TIA

siegi b.
Oct. 18, 2011, 06:23 AM
Try Willy Arts at DG Bar, Hanford, CA.....

Dune
Oct. 18, 2011, 11:28 AM
Willy's great, but I think you'd get more personal service/attention from Nick Wagman/Stephen Birchall.

PonyPenny
Oct. 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
W Farms in Chino Hills, CA has a very active sales barn. The barn is owned by David and Alisa Wilson. Here is their website www.wfarms.net

TheHorseProblem
Oct. 18, 2011, 01:07 PM
What part of the state are you in? Here are some names of people who have good reputations and sales success.

Gail McGuffy is in Petaluma.
http://www.thedressagearena.com/

Marie Myers in SoCal
http://www.mariemeyersdressage.net/

You might also want to check in Dressage Letters, the CDS publication.

xQHDQ
Oct. 18, 2011, 01:51 PM
You can try Debbie Davis of Sport Equine: sportequine.net in Clovis, CA

I bought a horse from her. Very professional. She's more of an eventer. The outdoor ring is good - drains well and she has access to an indoor if need be. Also access to trails, and she believes in hacking. All of the horses in her care looked really good - healthy, shiny, happy. In addition to real sale horses, she rehabilitates other's rejects, so she always has a lot for sale, which I think is a draw for people to come. But don't be put off when you look at her website at all of the cheap horses - those are the ones people donated or she got from a sale. She also lists upwards of $20,000 horses on occasion.

NightMare
Oct. 18, 2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the input. The horse (and we) are not actually in CA, we are in Oregon. It's more feasible for obvious reasons to find a sales barn on the west coast.

The horse belongs to my young adult daughter. She is inclined to try to sell on her own, but I think it's a good idea to explore the other route, especially since she is not riding with anyone here in OR and really has few resources. She has done a good job getting the horse going - she's owned her since she was 2 and she is now 5. Bottom line is, she can't afford to keep a horse at this point in her life, much less develop this horse to its potential.

I'm willing to help but I'd like to aim my help in the direction most likely to succeed.

It's complicated.

hoopoe
Oct. 18, 2011, 05:14 PM
I have always been impressed by how Jessica Wisdom starts and brings on young horses.

Logistically it might be the best choice