PDA

View Full Version : saddle tilting me forward?

reay6790
Oct. 17, 2011, 10:04 PM
So I got a lovely custom saddlery saddle a couple months ago. I really like it and it was much better than the bates innova i was borrowing. The saddle fitter came out and looked at it and said it surprisingly (i was expecting it to need to be reflocked or have the tree changed) fit basically perfectly. she did ask me if it tilted me forward, but to *me* i didn't really think so compared to the bates. however now that i have been riding in it more, i do think it rocks my hips forwards a bit.

can this be fixed? i am a hunter rider (Started eventing) so it's a lot for me to think about being on my pockets and engaging my lower core and keeping my shoulders WAY back.

alto
Oct. 18, 2011, 01:59 AM
It may be that as the wool panels have settled, the tilt is more noticeable - call the saddle fitter, I'm sure she can adjust the flocking to correct this.

joiedevie99
Oct. 18, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yup. It's probably just a hair low in front. Custom recommends a flocking check after 4-6 weeks of use anyway- since it often needs tweeking after it packs down.

Hampton Bay
Oct. 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
How deep is the seat? I can't ride in anything with a deep seat because it tips me forward.

Hopefully its just the flocking though.