PDA

View Full Version : Music Editing Software . . . Creating a MFS

NCSue
Oct. 17, 2011, 05:52 PM
Simply playing around for the sheer fun. I've picked out some music and am putting together a musical free style. I have a music editing software that was a free download. It works pretty decently except I can't export the music in any useable form. I'm looking for something that will either let me export to a MP3 player or CD. Know of anything?

norton
Oct. 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
You really need Pro Tools, but it's not free.

Mr.GMan
Oct. 18, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hey there from another NC'er. I am in the process of putting together our music. I haven't downloaded it yet, but my instructor said she used Acid Planet from Sony. I believe it is free. I need to check it out too. Mike has some recommendations on his site too....equimusic.com

Tonkafriend
Oct. 18, 2011, 12:53 PM
If you have an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or a Mac there are lots of great music editing apps, and Garage Band. Adobe Audition has finally been ported to Mac's OS, and it's our favorite.

Audacity is free, and it's very good. Also, it's easy to put the final mix in iTunes and burn a CD from Audacity.

Beentheredonethat
Oct. 18, 2011, 10:46 PM
I use Audacity and can always get it done. It's free. That's say a lot as I have some issues with technology--if I can do it, you can do it.

helent623
Oct. 19, 2011, 12:45 AM
I've always used "Music Editor Free" and "Free Audio Converter" for my freestyles. I tried Audacity but found the interface less intuitive than MEF, but that might be because that's what I'm used to. Whatever you do, don't pay for software; there's plenty of free options out there. And if you are really going for a high quality/complicated freestyle, just pay a pro to make it for you.

Cindyg
Oct. 19, 2011, 12:48 AM
I use Goldwave for editing audio files. It's awesome, but not free.