PDA

View Full Version : Need a memory jog

vineyridge
Oct. 15, 2011, 09:39 PM
There was a horse at the Athens Olympics in 2004 for Germany. Never did actually walk in any of its tests but had spectacular gaits. Big Bay. Had a W name. IIRC, the rider was Martin (?) something that started with S.

Can someone please tell me who I'm trying to remember, and if the gaits were as impressive as I recall. Whatever happened to it? I can't even remember if it was male or female.

dudleyc
Oct. 15, 2011, 09:55 PM
Weltall. Martin Schaudt.

The trot was AMAZING - but the canter showed too much tension and like you said the horse really never walked.

canyonoak
Oct. 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
Weltall is still showing in GP, now with Dieter Laugks.
Most recently at Munchen-Reim, Sept.30-Oct 3.,
<< Laugks and his 17-year old Hanoverian gelding were again victorious. With a top score of 73.745% (in the GP), all five judges clearly saw the couple at number one. After the triple success at the second weekend in September at Gut Ising in Bavaria thus joins the fourth tournament victory after a long pause.>>

ThreeFigs
Oct. 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
Dudleyc, your sig is cracking me up!

Has Weltall learned to walk?

horsefaerie
Oct. 21, 2011, 01:11 PM
Yup, great sig line.

And
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHvMIgJqsfU

ThreeFigs
Oct. 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
Wow!

What a horse! I can see why he might have 'trouble" at the walk. He's obviously eager to go on to the more interesting stuff...

Sionna
Oct. 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
Lovely... long long long horse... crazy long back!

Love seeing GP riders/trainers that don't use their spurs!

Mozart
Oct. 23, 2011, 11:55 PM
Lovely... long long long horse... crazy long back!

Love seeing GP riders/trainers that don't use their spurs!

I suspect that is a matter of self preservation when aboard Weltall. I love watching that horse. I would not love to ride him!