PDA

View Full Version : stubben juventus d

Perfect Pony
Oct. 12, 2011, 10:35 AM
Anyone have one? Can you tell me how long the panels are and how long the flap is? have any real world pictures? I am trying to find one to try with no luck, would like to know if the measurements will work. Pony needs a panel around 18" long front to back, I need a 15-16" flap. Thanks!

not again
Oct. 12, 2011, 11:02 AM
Tasker has the Stubben rep coming tomorrow for a saddle fitting. She could ask him to bring one for demo and measure it. We have several friends who are interested in it also as they are petite ladies who ride ponies. It seems like a great value!

Perfect Pony
Oct. 12, 2011, 11:14 AM
Tasker has the Stubben rep coming tomorrow for a saddle fitting. She could ask him to bring one for demo and measure it. We have several friends who are interested in it also as they are petite ladies who ride ponies. It seems like a great value!

Please please do! Also ask what the tree measurements mean. I have emailed Stubben NA with no luck. There are Stubben reps? How do you find one? I think for the money if the panels are short enough it might be a good option, it looks like it's a bit minimalist so the 17" seat should work okay for me.

Tasker
Oct. 12, 2011, 01:00 PM
PP - I'll get answers for you tomorrow and I did send a PM so I can put you in touch with my rep and he can help get you more answers. :)

alto
Oct. 12, 2011, 01:29 PM
I spoke to Buddy Baird at Stubben NA just prior to the websale & he very kindly pulled saddles & measured flaps for me :yes: (I don't recall the J flap except it was close to 15" - maybe even 14 something" - despite the 17 inch seat, it is designed for a junior rider ... the Laurus, which has been discontinued, was the child dressage saddle with a 15-16 inch seat & 13 something" flap)

I agree that email questions seem to go into another realm unless you have a directed email (eg to Buddy or whomever).

Not sure if you looked at the photos I sent to your email - I think I included a back confo shot: none of the Stubbens at the local dealer shop fit him as his back is straighter than any of the Stubben trees (including the Juventus).
Unfortunately we are outside her travel zone & she would not come out to attempt a fit when she was convinced that nothing in shop would fit.

As a 3 yr old, the "regular" 17" Stubben saddles (tried dressage & jump that were available in barn) were all much too long for his short back: really just a Pony back, clinician felt his back was/is actually a trifle long for a Dressage Pony.

During Stubben's Black Monday sale I spoke to a saddle fitter at Stubben NA who was convinced that we could have a saddle fitted to FP despite the curved tree but that it would need to be custom built/fit to him ... but since I'm in Canada no one from Stubben will be dropping out to give it a go :sigh:

Perfect Pony
Oct. 12, 2011, 02:39 PM
Yes I got the pictures! I am looking for an old competitor to try. My pony has quite a flat back, but you never know! As long as the saddle doesn't rock. At this point I am looking into everything.

CUTE pony btw. :)

alto
Oct. 12, 2011, 03:11 PM
After I posted I realized maybe I came across as more negative than I meant to - definitely try the Juventus, Stubben saddles are wonderful.

CUTE pony btw.
<blush> I am SO proud of him & the Kid :lol:

fjording
Oct. 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
I used to have one of these because my horse liked it :P I compromised because my butt was a bit too big!
It's a 17" seat, but a very small 17", more like a large 16.5" I found. The flaps are 15.5". They look really good on large ponies cause the flaps don't overpower them.

Even though my butt was too big for it, I still found it comfy. Though it tended to push my legs foward.
Really pretty little saddles though!