PDA

View Full Version : Seeking trainer in Cleveland, OH

julies
Oct. 10, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hi All:

I am new to the Chronicle forums so hope you all can guide me ... I am relocating to the Cleveland, OH area from Connecticut and need to find a trainer and barn for myself and my 18h Holsteiner gelding. I am a training level rider who has been riding dressage for 5 years. I am looking for a barn with excellent care and a hands-on, caring, and supportive environment for an inexperienced adult. Thanks for your recommendations!

tempichange
Oct. 11, 2011, 06:47 AM
Kelly Walker is up in that direction.

Equi88
Oct. 11, 2011, 07:53 AM
There are quite a few training/ boarding barns around Cleveland. Do you know to which area you will be moving?

SillyHorse
Oct. 11, 2011, 08:51 AM
My advice is to look at the local GMO's website. Most of the area trainers advertise there. www.nodarider.org (http://www.nodarider.org).

Paddys Mom
Oct. 11, 2011, 08:51 AM
Yes, East or West or South of Cleveland makes a big difference. :)

NWDressage
Oct. 11, 2011, 10:16 AM
PM'd you.

.natalie.
Oct. 16, 2011, 04:43 PM
Hi, I am the manager at Hickory Hill Farm. We have stalls available soon. Located just a few minutes off of I-90 in Mentor (zip 44060). PM me for details :)

msine
Oct. 21, 2011, 10:55 PM
I would highly recommend Julie Taylor, North Crest Equestrian Center.

Hi All:

I am new to the Chronicle forums so hope you all can guide me ... I am relocating to the Cleveland, OH area from Connecticut and need to find a trainer and barn for myself and my 18h Holsteiner gelding. I am a training level rider who has been riding dressage for 5 years. I am looking for a barn with excellent care and a hands-on, caring, and supportive environment for an inexperienced adult. Thanks for your recommendations!

msj2192
Oct. 21, 2011, 11:13 PM
I rode with Joanne White for years. If you have a great work ethic and a real desire to learn, she would be a great trainer for you. She doesn't own/run a barn, but boards her personal horses out of a boarding barn south of Cleveland. She's always top of her classes at shows and goes to Regionals every year. This past year one of her students made it to Gladstone in New Jersey for the FEI Juniors Championship. I learned more from her in 2 years than I have in my whole riding career of 13 years.

FEIPony
Oct. 22, 2011, 09:06 PM
If you're going to be closer to the west side then I highly recommend Jeffrey Taylor at Blue Ridge Farm. He's an event rider that was short listed for the Canadian Eventing team, but he is highly trained in dressage.

Great barn, very nicely kept, & a great group of people. Plus Jeff has started to get more into straight dressage recently so there is plenty of opportunity.

PM me if you'd like more information. They also have a website www.blueridgefarmeventing.com

khorsem
Oct. 24, 2011, 11:10 AM
I would highly recommend Julie Taylor, North Crest Equestrian Center.

I second that - Julie's awesome.

Depends on what side of town you're moving to and what you're looking for. Do you want serious training or a nice barn with a great group of fellow ammy dressage riders?

SillyHorse
Oct. 24, 2011, 03:58 PM
Do you want serious training or a nice barn with a great group of fellow ammy dressage riders?
You make it sound like a person can have one or the other. There are so many good choices in the area that there no reason one can't have both.

khorsem
Oct. 25, 2011, 10:37 AM
I didn't mean it to sound like that SillyHorse - Of course you can have both here - And Julie's barn is definitely both. Sometimes price range dictates whether you can have both though - my sick cloudy head can't think of a tactful way to explain that right now.

SillyHorse
Oct. 25, 2011, 06:49 PM
Julie is a good trainer and a lovely person, so I'm not surprised to know that her barn provides both seriious training and a great group of riders. :)