PDA

View Full Version : Dover Circuit Dressage Saddle? Thought and experience with

JennyM
Oct. 10, 2011, 02:18 PM
What is everyones thoughts on the Dover Circuit Dressage Saddle? Likes? Dislikes?

netg
Oct. 10, 2011, 03:32 PM
One of my friends had one I borrowed when I first got my horse until my saddle was ready for me. It had been great on her shark-finned level build TB. It wasn't as good on my also large withered but more substantial and more uphill TB. It didn't hurt him, and he was ok going in it... but it was NOT helpful for trying to ride properly.

As for quality, it certainly wasn't the greatest... but it was sufficient for the job, or would have been had the balance been right for me. I wouldn't expect the greatest quality for the price, but to me the big issue is how it fits the horse - if it fits horse and rider properly, it will do the job.

I was much happier with the (better quality) Ovation I had when I first got my horse, and now the (90's version) Stubben which fits him since he out-muscled my first saddle. Both are nicer quality saddles, and both were at or below the price of a brand new Circuit when I bought them used. But had the fit worked, I would have happily used a Circuit, too.