PDA

View Full Version : Bling Bling browbands

Abracadabra
Oct. 6, 2011, 07:53 AM
http://fabledfashions.com/gallery.htm

just had great dealings with this new company, please check it out.

Velvet
Oct. 6, 2011, 09:51 AM
Blatant advertising is not allowed on this board.

Calhoun
Oct. 6, 2011, 10:47 AM
Typing past the thread police . . . . wow, those are stunning browbands. Wish I had an extra $200 in my checkbook.

cadance
Oct. 6, 2011, 10:59 AM
$189+ for a browband is so ridiculous!...especially when you can buy a Schumacher for $90 (quality leather, not the generic stuff people use who make their own browbands)

Airfern
Oct. 6, 2011, 12:47 PM
Now I know why "bling" was in the title twice. Whole lot of sparkle on these things. I do not like them, it's too much for me.

Halt Near X
Oct. 6, 2011, 12:55 PM
$189+ for a browband is so ridiculous!...especially when you can buy a Schumacher for $90 (quality leather, not the generic stuff people use who make their own browbands)

Well, assuming you can find a Schumacher that you like. I've never seen one that appealed to me.

People will buy whatever appeals to their taste and budget. Who cares if that's $30 or $250? The price tag won't be hanging off the browband for everyone to see.

AnotherRound
Oct. 6, 2011, 12:59 PM
I don't think those browbands will be hanging off alot of bridles either.

Halt Near X
Oct. 6, 2011, 01:05 PM
Now that's not fair. They are the perfect accessory for the rider who already has blinged spurs, spur straps, stirrups, stirrup leathers, boots, gloves, whip, collar, helmet, earrings... They need to balance out their look, and these will just about do it.

Velvet
Oct. 6, 2011, 01:36 PM
Just went and looked. That will blind the judge. Oh, wait, maybe that's the point! :lol: Should be advertised as "Browbands for the bad rider." Judges will not be able to see either you or your horse past the glare off the browband. Perfect for hiding all your riding and training flaws. Buy one now and blind the judge in your next test! :lol:

Shagyas Rock
Oct. 6, 2011, 01:43 PM
Oh dear. In my very, very humble opinion, this would be perfect for Oscar night. . . .:D

Velvet
Oct. 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
Oh dear. In my very, very humble opinion, this would be perfect for Oscar night. . . .:D

As in, it's a tiara for your horse?

esdressage
Oct. 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
Well, somebody's trying really hard to make pretty browbands on that site, so I feel bad that all the bashing's going on, but the price tag that's slapped on them makes me feel a little less bad. I do think they're really not tasteful, but to each their own.

I just really think that nobody notices if your horse's head isn't sparkling with more brilliance than the sun, but they do notice if he's not supple, balanced and on the aids. Along the same lines, a great test will shine more than some crystals on a browband. I have the same, plain-jane browband on my bridle that came with it. I think my horse looks classy that way, and I hope her performance will wow the judges, not her blingy forehead. But again, whatever's clever, folks!

Velvet
Oct. 6, 2011, 01:56 PM
Well, since the OP is from Ontario and the browbands are being made and sold in Ontario...they deserve a bit of bashing for their blatant disregard for the rules out here and advertising.

Not to mention that they are WAY over the top and would fit better in a Tiaras for Toddlers episode than on your horse. ;)

MyssMyst
Oct. 6, 2011, 02:02 PM
Dude, my horse farts butterflies and pees rainbows. How on earth do I balance that without massive bling? She needs her front end to be as sparkly as her back end.

FocusCalmPatience
Oct. 6, 2011, 03:33 PM
Awwww, I really like them. I could never afford one, but I'd sure get one if I could! I have rhinestones on my spurs and love pink though. I'm a girly girl. Do you think a judge would doc you at a recognized show for them?

CatPS
Oct. 6, 2011, 04:41 PM
$189+ for a browband is so ridiculous!

Aww, come on... that's a steal! Didn't you notice that they are ALL "Regularly $395"??? :cool:

After all, according to their apparent motto: "performance counts. character wins."

piaffe885
Oct. 6, 2011, 05:08 PM
Luv these :winkgrin:

http://star-frontriemen.webklik.nl/page/foto-s-van-klanten

Calhoun
Oct. 6, 2011, 05:19 PM
If I ever get to PSG with my mare you can bet she'll be wearing one of those browbands as a tiara. After all our hard work she deserves wearing a crown down centerline.

AllWeatherGal
Oct. 6, 2011, 05:37 PM

... not all the people who make their own browbands use stuff that's not quality leather. The cowhide that I use isn't finished as nicely as english bridle leather, but it's covered in seed beads so I just need something that is flexible and long-wearing.

Mobile Horse Supply uses very pretty leather, more finished, but I'd put it up to the leather of any modern tack.

DutchDressageQueen
Oct. 6, 2011, 05:48 PM

Those are Really nice!

kitten_Val
Oct. 6, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'm not positive it's a blatant ad, may be just sharing an experience. :cool: I think it's a nice looking one, but too shiny to my taste. And price is definitely way out of my range. I like my show bridle that came with crystal browband and noseband in place (and was much cheaper). :lol:

JLR1
Oct. 7, 2011, 12:35 AM
Ick! Waaaay too much sparkle...maybe in Vegas, not the show ring:cool:

manentail
Oct. 7, 2011, 05:22 AM
I had no idea all the english apperal that came with bling!
http://www.dutchridingboots.eu/products/Strass-Stones.html

Velvet
Oct. 7, 2011, 09:19 AM
I had no idea all the english apperal that came with bling!
http://www.dutchridingboots.eu/products/Strass-Stones.html

Ew. Ew. Ew.

Okay, between that and this ad/OP that is for hideously blinding fake sparkles, I think someone can put together an outfit worthy of a Las Vegas showgirl. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Houston, we've had a problem. (Yes, that's correct. If you listen to the tapes it's not "we have" it's "we've had." ;) )

AllWeatherGal
Oct. 7, 2011, 09:36 AM
Ew. Ew. Ew.

Okay, between that and this ad/OP that is for hideously blinding fake sparkles, I think someone can put together an outfit worthy of a Las Vegas showgirl. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Houston, we've had a problem. (Yes, that's correct. If you listen to the tapes it's not "we have" it's "we've had." ;) )

Remember the Rhinestone Cowboy? :)

Velvet
Oct. 7, 2011, 10:05 AM
Remember the Rhinestone Cowboy? :)

Yeah, but that was with Christmas lights. Oh, wait, I'm sure that'll be next. Maybe the initially advertised uber bling browband company will do it and charge people 1k a pop. :lol:

To quote Sandra Bullock's character in Miss Congeniality, "Next step--flaming batons."

see u at x
Oct. 7, 2011, 10:08 AM
I don't mind some of the bling, though certain horses just look kind of weird with all that extra stuff going on. I tend to prefer the blingy browbands on horses without much white on their face. Personally, my horse has enough natural bling of his own that he doesn't need the fancy browband. Or, if I got him one, the amount of bling would be minimal. But yeah, a little too rich for my blood, too.

Ibex
Oct. 7, 2011, 10:19 AM
Re the price... I do some custom browbands as well. By the time you have QUALITY leatherwork and good materials (ie good quality crystal), and cover a bit for your time... Those prices are not bad. I charge anywhere from $200 - $250 for the custom ones i do, and even then it's not really worth it. I just do the odd one for people i know now...

Sister Margarita
Oct. 8, 2011, 05:22 PM
Mobile Horse Supply uses very pretty leather, more finished, but I'd put it up to the leather of any modern tack.

Mobile Horse Supply did both mine, and I love them. They are just sparkly enough, just conservative enough. I get lots of 'where did you get that?'

reay6790
Oct. 8, 2011, 06:50 PM

oohhh i love those!!! do you know anyone who has ordered one??!

Velvet
Oct. 8, 2011, 07:54 PM
Check with some of the Morgan people doing dressage. They're showing their version live, on USEF Network this weekend. It looks like it is right up their alley. :lol:

Xpression
Oct. 9, 2011, 12:40 AM
Ew. Ew. Ew.

Honestly, if you care that much about what another competitor is wearing, then Houston, YOU have a problem.

Let the people wear whatever they want, as long as it is in accordance with the rules. If they like it, then they can wear it! You obviously don't like it, SO DON'T WEAR IT.

Simple as that, really. Now move on.

DutchDressageQueen
Oct. 9, 2011, 07:48 AM
oohhh i love those!!! do you know anyone who has ordered one??!

On the website, go to "Gastenboek" that stands for guestbook.
there are responses from people who ordered them.

Velvet
Oct. 9, 2011, 01:22 PM
Honestly, if you care that much about what another competitor is wearing, then Houston, YOU have a problem.

Let the people wear whatever they want, as long as it is in accordance with the rules. If they like it, then they can wear it! You obviously don't like it, SO DON'T WEAR IT.

Simple as that, really. Now move on.

Um, just as YOU are stating your opinion, I was stating mine. Exactly which one of us has the problem here??? :lol:

Las Vegas show girl look is trailer trashy and tacky. That perception hasn't changed and never will.

reay6790
Oct. 9, 2011, 01:26 PM
On the website, go to "Gastenboek" that stands for guestbook.
there are responses from people who ordered them.

well i did...and only 1 was in english. I sent her an email and apparently she does speak some english. I would really like just a really simple crystal browband.

Tiligsmom
Oct. 9, 2011, 02:01 PM
Different strokes for different folks. If you were to see the brows, from each site listed, on horses at a distance of 20' or greater, all you would see is a line of light/bling - not much difference in overall impression. Some horses can carry the super bling quite nicely. Others can't.

Xpression
Oct. 9, 2011, 06:37 PM
Um, just as YOU are stating your opinion, I was stating mine. Exactly which one of us has the problem here??? :lol:

Las Vegas show girl look is trailer trashy and tacky. That perception hasn't changed and never will.

Yes, my opinion is to keep an open mind and to look at the actual performance of horse and rider instead of what they are wearing.
Which one sounds like a more mature perspective?

You seem like you are definitely a holier-than-thou "Dressage Queen."
Funny, and you're not even wearing any bling.

Velvet
Oct. 9, 2011, 11:09 PM
Yes, my opinion is to keep an open mind and to look at the actual performance of horse and rider instead of what they are wearing.
Which one sounds like a more mature perspective?

You seem like you are definitely a holier-than-thou "Dressage Queen."
Funny, and you're not even wearing any bling.

:rolleyes: I never once said it would impact the performance or how it is scored. I've said it is TACKY. It is not pretty. It's getting close to the electric horseman lights. And if it goes any further down the road to tacky, we'll soon be seeing feather head dresses on our horse and riders showing with low rise breeches and crop tops. :lol: Will that make the ride bad? No. Does it look trashy? Yes. :yes: You can choose to agree on the last, but it starts to sound like red neck dressage. :lol:

DutchDressageQueen
Oct. 10, 2011, 02:56 PM
red neck dressage.

:lol::lol:

paintlady
Oct. 10, 2011, 03:41 PM
And if it goes any further down the road to tacky, we'll soon be seeing feather head dresses on our horse and riders showing with low rise breeches and crop tops. :lol: Will that make the ride bad? No. Does it look trashy? Yes. :yes: You can choose to agree on the last, but it starts to sound like red neck dressage. :lol:

What is wrong with wearing a feather head dress??? :lol:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/ReganAXP/10WillowWayDressageShow.jpg

(this was for an October dressage schooling show where costumes were encouraged)

Velvet
Oct. 10, 2011, 04:34 PM
What is wrong with wearing a feather head dress??? :lol:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/ReganAXP/10WillowWayDressageShow.jpg

(this was for an October dressage schooling show where costumes were encouraged)

Needs to be MUCH bigger for the vegas look! Oh, and add a very sparkly bra--or not. (Depends on how "Vegas" you want to go! :eek: )

mishmash
Oct. 10, 2011, 10:24 PM

Too droopy for me-kinda like the teen boy with his pants saggin'

cadance
Oct. 11, 2011, 01:45 AM

those are beautiful! simple and classic. I think the waved shape is more ergonomic and flattering on many horses.

cordial
Oct. 14, 2011, 09:04 PM
Those are Really nice!

REALLY nice!

graustarkian
Oct. 16, 2011, 01:04 AM
red neck dressage. :lol:

Hey now! Even this redneck woman thinks those browbands are TACKY! LOL