View Full Version : Suggestions for trainers/barns in the Memphis area?

Sep. 28, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hello, all --
I am new to the Forum, and need some advice about trainers you recommend in the Memphis area? I am moving from Middle Tennessee, and it's important to me to find a good, credible trainer to help me continue my dressage education! I have checked out Delta Dressage Assoc's links and the MidSouth Horse Review (along with an old thread from this Forum ... yes, I am a good lurker), but have no clue about who's good and who's ... not so much ;) Anybody out there from the area and have a trainer they just LOVE? Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Sep. 29, 2011, 05:07 PM
I have one that I really like. She is is Eads/Collierville which is outside Memphis. Jennifer has a strong dressage background but also teaches jumping. Which is great, since she puts good flat work basics on all her clients horses that show hunter/jumper and if you just want to ride dressage she can do that too. Jennifer is really good with her students and clients and care is great. We had a well known dressage clinician come in a few times this spring and summer, Wim Foekma, he is coming back this October too.

The board is fairly inexpensive for the area for full care ( 475.00) we've got 70 acres, a covered ring with lights and will hopefully add an outside dressage arena next year. It's a smaller, friendly barn, not lots of drama. She also has a few lesson horses, you didn't mention if you had your own horse or not. Barn number is 901-861-6628. Good luck!

Sep. 30, 2011, 06:11 AM
Try Ila or Nick Handy at Mid-South dressage academy: www.midsouthdressageacademy.org

I ride mainly with Ila and really like her- very good with riders/horses at all levels. You couldnt go wrong with her or her hubby.

My gelding goes to "school" with Ila for 5 months during the winter. Facility is to die for, 2 covered dressage courts with awesome footing!

Feel free to PM me!