PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Sales Barn in MidWest?

rupenthal2
Sep. 27, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi, jumping over from "hunter-land". I have a young Belgian Warmblood that my son has shown hunters/equitation all summer and is off to college. This horse is a wonderful dressage horse as well and wondering if anyone knows of good dressage sales barns in the midwest. The horse is currently in Ohio. Chrissa Hoffman has offered to take him, but now she is in Ocala..so trying to save on shipping, if possible. Looking for a program similiar to Chrissa's, just closer.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

rupenthal2
Sep. 29, 2011, 05:34 PM
Really, no tips on dressage barns in midwest? Surely there are some...just that we do hunters, thus out of the loop.

2tempe
Sep. 29, 2011, 08:25 PM
I know a number of dressage trainers in NE Ohio, but none are really sales barns - may have a couple for sale. In addition, most of the ones I would recommend head south for some part of the winter.(ie back to the shipping costs) Problem is if you leave the horse in Ohio or other midwest places, you're not going to get much shopping traffic over the winter and you may end up spending more boarding him than you save by not going to Florida.

You dont say how much dressage he knows or if he has shown, or why you don't want to sell him as a hunter/eq horse? More info would be helpful for recommendations.

merry mayhem
Sep. 29, 2011, 10:11 PM
PM'd you