PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Gaited/Western Dressage Trainer Woodstock Georgia

krountree
Sep. 26, 2011, 09:39 PM
I am looking for recommendations for a dressage trainer willing to work with gaited horses and/or western riders. I am in Woodstock but would probably also be hauling a friend (also looking) from Canton - so anywhere in the general area is fine.

I am a fairly experienced rider (have been on gaited horses for 15 years, but rode hunters as a child) and friend is really just starting out, so a trainer that is fairly flexible would be idea.

Does anyone have suggestions? I'd like to keep the drive to less than an hour if possible, but would be hauling in.

Kimberly

katarine
Sep. 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
Leslie O'Neal Olsen happily judged me, and did a clinic with me, on my TWH. She's a doll, and certainly qualified. Him being gaited didn't trouble her one bit.

www.dressagesimplysouthern.com I think is her address.

NCSue
Sep. 30, 2011, 08:01 AM
While not in Georgia, Claudia Coombs (greenridgefarm@me.com) in Fremont, NC, may know of someone since she's been one of the leading advocates for gaited dressage. Claudia is a fountain of knowledge. She won't mind you asking. Good luck.

HannibleDressage
Jun. 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
My dressage trainer, Shirley Singleton, is trying to promote western dressage in ga! She trains/has trained more just dressage horses though. She currently has a gaited horse in training with her. Shirley resides in Madison until August, she is then relocating to a farm in Augusta. Her lessons are very thorough and detailed and she helps to be sure you get the most out of every lesson. I have been with Shirley for the past two years and came from not even knowing what a dressage horse looked like to now riding schooling 1st level riding 2nd level movements. Here is her website with more about her and all of her contact info :)) hope this helps

http://www.rhythmandbalance.com/