PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Coat question

Puddin Pie
Sep. 26, 2011, 05:58 PM
I have been scouring the net looking for a grey dressage coat, ever since my trainer showed my horse last year in hers and looked absolutely amazing. I just missed out on a lovely used Pikeur at my local tack shop (I tried it on, and it fit beautifuly, but I was second in line for it). So I just scored a Catago coat in Ebay. It is German made, brand new with tags. 4 buttons in the frot, black collar, but it has double vents in the back, more like a hunt jacket. But it fits my nicely. Any problems for lower level dressage? And I only paid $40.00 for it!! I don't thin I could buy the fabric for that price-and yes, I was considering that option too.

SillyHorse
Sep. 26, 2011, 08:46 PM
Not only not a problem at the lower levels, but it's fine through fourth level. It sounds very pretty.

nhwr
Sep. 27, 2011, 06:37 AM
I have never been to a dressage show where there was a flap inspector :eek:

You'll be fine :yes:

eponacelt
Sep. 27, 2011, 06:53 AM
I have never been to a dressage show where there was a flap inspector :eek:

You'll be fine :yes:

Isn't that what railbirds do? Inspect flaps? :lol:

Seriously, you'll be fine. I used to hate my gray hunt coat when I was a kid, but now I wish I had a horse on whom a gray dressage coat would look nice. For now, I'm just coveting my trainer's navy coat.

AllWeatherGal
Sep. 27, 2011, 06:58 AM
I showed training level in a moss green hunt jacket for a year. All I got were compliments :)

Velvet
Sep. 27, 2011, 10:15 AM
Unless you need to hide a big arse, you look better in a double vent rather than the dressage big butt designs we have right now. Seriously, they think everyone needs to hide their backsides. No reason for most to want to do that. A double vent has a much nicer line on a lean frame. Current "dressage" coat designs suck when you're thin.

I still have my gorgeous dark blue pin stripe hunt coat for showing. Love it. Only problem is it's wool so I wear the newer fabric dressage coats on hot days. SO unflattering.

As with saddles, they need to realize that not one design fits all and they need to alter the design of dressage coats to fit more body types. No need to add bling, just make more tailoring options!

Puddin Pie
Sep. 27, 2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the upbeat replies. I still have my black Pikeur, which is fabulous, but I am liking this new grey one a lot. Combined with the Charles Owen Century edition helmet with the very subtle dark purple stripe. I like it at least!! Perhaps I will put a purple lining at the bottom of the coat!