PDA

View Full Version : 4yo under saddle again!! (PICS)

mowgli96
Sep. 23, 2011, 01:45 AM
Well, I posted this in HJ land but I figured I would share here as well:) So, to make a long story short my now 4yo DWB gelding who I bought in April of 2010 and started under saddle in August that year, fractured his coffin bone this past February due to a probable freak misstep. After what seemed like eternity of 4 months stall rest, to hand walking, to limited turnout, we are finally back to light work again. This is his 3rd week under saddle after having 5 very long sad months off, and I am so overly pleased with this horse - he seems to have picked up right where we left off before the injury in January this year. And on top if it, I've done all the training with him since day one and I'm totally on cloud nine with this horse, even though we're just starting back in work...I guess sometimes its the little things that matter:)

http://flic.kr/ps/22WCvY

NWDressage
Sep. 23, 2011, 03:04 AM
He's a cutie! Congrats on being back to work!

YankeeLawyer
Sep. 23, 2011, 06:05 AM
Congratulations. Great to read the happy ending! Very handsome boy!

mowgli96
Sep. 23, 2011, 01:35 PM
Thank you!!

LLong
Sep. 23, 2011, 01:39 PM
congrats! he is very handsome!

SillyHorse
Sep. 23, 2011, 01:40 PM
He's lovely. So glad he recovered and you're enjoying him under saddle again.

alto
Sep. 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
Gorgeous AND brilliant! :yes: he is going to be such fun!
I love his crooked blaze.

mowgli96
Sep. 23, 2011, 03:07 PM
Thank you so much for the kind words, it really means alot! I'm having such fun with him, I cannot wait to see what our future will bring. Its amazing how a lot of patience and hard work really shows :)

KrazyTBMare
Sep. 23, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hes a very handsome boy! Congrats on getting back in the saddle! I am on month 4 of no riding and have another 1.5-2 months to go due to a broken lateral splint on the left hind. Your boy reminds me of my 4 y/o too. Hopefully I will be where you are soon.

PS

Love his flaxen mane

mowgli96
Sep. 23, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hes a very handsome boy! Congrats on getting back in the saddle! I am on month 4 of no riding and have another 1.5-2 months to go due to a broken lateral splint on the left hind. Your boy reminds me of my 4 y/o too. Hopefully I will be where you are soon.

PS

Love his flaxen mane

Thank you! Sorry to hear about your boy! I wish you good luck for the remainder of his time off, just keep in mind it will be soo worth it once you're back on track again:)

Omg, right!? I don't know how we ended up with this flaxen mane and tail, maybe somehow because daddy is bay and mom is gray, but that's one of my favorite attributes...sooo fancy :)

horsenhistory
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:15 PM
Looks great! One of my mares broke her coffin bone at the end of May...she's healing well, and although I am not working her yet, she looks sound. I'm hoping to slowly bring her back in to work in the a couple of months--it's good to see/hear stories of other such injuries that heal successfully. You horse is beautiful--enjoy!!

mowgli96
Sep. 26, 2011, 01:18 AM
Thank you thank you! I will be sure to keep up with updates as we progress:)

PNWjumper
Sep. 26, 2011, 02:12 AM
He's really lovely! Congrats and have fun with him! :)