PDA

View Full Version : Steffen Peters Clinic Nov in IL/WI

RodeoQueen
Sep. 22, 2011, 07:34 PM
Does anyone out there have information regarding the upcoming Steffen Peters/Janet Foy clinic that's scheduled to take place in IL/WI, north of Chicago? Can't find prices or any other info on the web.

Can anyone help? I'd love to know price to audit for both days. Also, has anyone attended a clinic of with these pros and if so, was a positive experience?

TIA,
laura

Lusoluv
Sep. 22, 2011, 07:45 PM
The WDCTA is sponsoring the Peters/Foy symposium. I'm sure there's info on their site: www.wdcta.org.

airhorse
Sep. 22, 2011, 07:52 PM
Sunflower Farms.

http://www.sunflowerfarms.com/

netg
Sep. 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
I wonder if my friend in the area would live close enough for me to go... I keep promising to visit, and she's horsey, too, so would appreciate my reasons...

Touchstone Farm
Sep. 28, 2011, 12:17 PM
RodeoQueen -- yes, the info in on our website, wdcta.org. Home page has the article with links to rider, auditor and sponsorship forms. Speaking of sponsorships, Chronicle of the Horse signed on to be one of our major sponsors!!!! So, thanks so much to the Chronicle!!

Should be a great event. Not only from an educational perspective, but we have a vendor fair and a silent auction.

Riders are selected this weekend by Janet Foy. Not being involved with the rider selection committee (only publicity...obviously!), I have no idea how many riders have applied. I applied with my five-year-old and my GP horse. Fingers crossed that I'm selected for a spot! But even if I'm not selected, you can bet I'll get a LOT out of this as an auditor.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

HFSH
Sep. 28, 2011, 02:29 PM
http://wdcta.org/index.php/calendarevents/1-through-the-levels-symposium

there are links near the top for all the info you need, rider info, auditor, and sponsorship info.

Hope it helps, and see you all there!

By the way, the Symposium is USDF University accredited.

HFSH
Nov. 10, 2011, 10:46 AM
I wanted to mention that the early bird discounted auditor registration ends tomorrow, so if you've been on the fence about coming, send in that registration today or tomorrow to get the best pricing! And I will see you there!

www.wdcta.org

johnnysauntie
Nov. 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
Congrats, Touchstone, on being selected to ride! I'm auditing both days. Can't wait, should be a fantastic weekend. NetG, are you making the trip?

HFSH
Nov. 10, 2011, 11:26 AM
Another thought. The arena is not heated, although it stays comfortable, it is suggested that you prepare for Wisconsin weather. Have coats, gloves, scarves available, possibly even a blanket to put over your legs, maybe something to sit on (bleachers get cold and they are hard!). Maybe we'll get lucky and have gorgeous 50 or 60 degree weather, but plan for the other scenario....

crystalyoung1
Nov. 10, 2011, 03:34 PM
My coach is going so lucky me I will be practicing what she learn the following week!:cool:She went last time they were together and said she got a lot out of it. Good luck to all who are riding. Someday it might be me hopefully.

Touchstone Farm
Nov. 12, 2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks, JohnnyS. I'm super excited to ride. Could be interesting with my 5-year-old at 2nd level! I was sure that was a mistake when I heard Janet had selected me to show at that level since we're hardly proficient there (an understatement!), but when I asked, she said it was to demonstrate a horse just starting that level. Another horse will demo being proficient at that level and another will illustrate a pair that is ready to move to 3rd. Makes sense. I will definitely provide the "just getting started" lessons and hopefully the auditors (and me) will learn from some of my "non-proficient" moments on a youngster! (And I would be thrilled if Steffen decided HE needed to help me with my horse. I would gladly hand over my reins and adjust the stirrups for him!) My other horse, I'm not so worried about. If she doesn't know her job by now (GP), then I should hang up my boots and helmet! But one never knows what will happen in a different environment -- and I heard that we are over 300 attendees with auditor registrations still coming in!

Touchstone Farm
Nov. 12, 2011, 11:00 PM
P.S. JohnnyS -- enjoyed reading some of your chronicles about riding. Not easy as amateurs, is it?! Balancing work and our passion can be a challenge, that's for sure.

RodeoQueen
Nov. 13, 2011, 10:05 AM
So, who all is going to this clinic? It's coming up this weekend and i can hardly wait!!!!

Thanks for the tips about bringing a blanket and preparing for cold - I hadn't thought about that.

My dutch is 2 yrs and will be 3 in March and i'm SO excited to audit this event as the timing is ideal!

:)laura

HFSH
Nov. 15, 2011, 02:03 PM
I will be there!

Looks like chances for rain saturday, be prepared for that. Temps in the low 50s probably.

From what I understand the shopping/vendors should be fabulous! There's also a silent auction.

I can't wait, it is going to be so much fun!!

RodeoQueen
Nov. 15, 2011, 03:29 PM
Oh my, SHOPPING? EEEkkk...just bought a new computer so i cannot spend $$$ but how much fun to look :).

johnnysauntie
Nov. 15, 2011, 10:44 PM
Ha ha, Touchstone, you are too kind. As you've probably surmised, I'm, uh, schooling training level - and on some days, that is a pretty generous assessment!

But I'm getting good instruction and a good foundation. Hope I can start to claw my way upward in the spring! And in the meantime, my horse is cute and I'm having fun. :winkgrin:

That's cool that they chose horses with a range of experiences at each level. This is going to be a very interesting weekend!

I'm leaving my wallet in the car, though. Barrington Saddlery had a close out sale and I'm the proud owner of new boots, britches x3, helmet, saddle pad, half chaps etc. Don't look at me that way, it was all 60% - 80% off! That said, it's time to stop the madness!

johnnysauntie
Nov. 15, 2011, 10:50 PM
BTW - I've audited several late fall clinics in northern IL and here's what I'm wearing/bringing:

Layers. Turtleneck, fleece or (depending on how cold) wool, possibly another fleece layer and jacket. You don't realize how cold you get sitting still for hours, even when it doesn't really seem to be that chilly out.

Long underwear, probably under jeans.

Wool socks.

Warm boots with footwarmers inside.

A stocking cap (will start the day in my pocket.)

Definitely a blanket for my lap - that's good advice - and if I can find one between now and then, a cushion for the bleachers.

HFSH
Nov. 15, 2011, 11:36 PM
Dang Johnnysauntie, I found myself looking for the "like" button a la FB. Lol. Excellent advice. Layers, lots of them, and for sure something cushy to sit on.

It sounds like rain saturday, be prepared for this when you're going to and from your vehicle.

Just and FYI for auditors, we're adding information to the WDCTA website that is important for the auditors to know. This information is being added to daily so check in to the website Friday for the most up-to-date details.

And don't forget to bring some $$ because the shopping should be really awesome!!

johnnysauntie
Nov. 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
Big shout outs to the WDCTA for a very well run, well-orchestrated and wonderfully informative clinic, and to Touchstone - I love your baby horse! He is lovely. I missed your ride on your GP mare but will keep an eye out for you at shows next year.

Janet Foy was extremely informative and good humored - she's a great presenter, and it was really interesting watching Steffen Peters "fix" the problem areas Foy identified. They are a great duo, I'm so glad they made the trip to these norther climes.

TheBarnRules
Nov. 22, 2011, 04:06 PM
Big shout outs to the WDCTA for a very well run, well-orchestrated and wonderfully informative clinic, and to Touchstone - I love your baby horse! He is lovely. I missed your ride on your GP mare but will keep an eye out for you at shows next year.

Janet Foy was extremely informative and good humored - she's a great presenter, and it was really interesting watching Steffen Peters "fix" the problem areas Foy identified. They are a great duo, I'm so glad they made the trip to these norther climes.

Very much agree with this - I was very sorry I couldn't attend all of Saturday or any of Sunday. If they do it again (hint, hint) I will definitely be there all day for both days.

Dressage_Julie
Nov. 29, 2011, 04:38 PM
Anyone care to post a clinic review? I have heard great things, but for those who attended any new exercises or any light-bulb moments?

johnnysauntie
Nov. 29, 2011, 07:07 PM
I did take a bunch of notes and sketched a few exercises. Just need to find time to type them up, will resurrect this thread when I do. Just don't hold your breath ....