PDA

View Full Version : Nevzorov's book on Amazon.... whoa!

Old Mac Donald
Sep. 22, 2011, 06:39 AM
Link to Amazon page (http://www.amazon.com/Horse-Crucified-Risen-Alexander-Nevzorov/dp/1463752156/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1)

Read the first chapter ("look inside!"). I knew that he was quite vocal about being anti-sport... but the diatribe that he has written was quite... urgh!

Signed, One of *those* "big bottomed ladies"

Karosel
Sep. 22, 2011, 07:42 AM
Hmm I wonder which motorcycle momma he knocked out to steal her jacket.

Lost_at_C
Sep. 22, 2011, 08:58 AM
The book is self published. Three guesses why....

Also, the three "reviewers" on the page seem to be suscpiciously similar and all have newly created accounts. No surprises really.

WBLover
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:13 AM
What a pompous, self-righteous ass****!!! Wow! Try to tell my horse every day that he's being abused, he'd laugh and say he loves the fat woman who gives him sugar cubes and feeds him well, and loves on him and brushes him every day, and that the 45 minutes 4x per week that I ask him to haul my fat ass around in the saddle is no big deal--LOL!

Bats79
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:14 AM
Love to find those photos that were published a couple of years ago of him (recently) on a horse with whip, spurs and a bit.

ThreeFigs
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I won't bother to look. Dude's a piece of work, he is.

Gallop~on~Grant
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:23 AM
Inviting the pony to "dinner" would be THE last straw for Mr. GoG...

Isabeau Z Solace
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
Ok.... well.... I hit the 'surprise me' button so I could see some random pages. And, well, honestly, there's some pretty entertaining stuff in there.... Out of sheer perverse curiosity I may need to read more

Apparently 'the mucky boys and mucky girls, who look so alike you can't determine their sex, copulate behind the dung heaps...'
:lol:

Funny stuff !!

carolprudm
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:58 AM
There used to be some very.....strange...pictures of him with his horses on his website

WILLOW&CAL
Sep. 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
He is a 'cult-leader' and anybody who does not prescribe to his way of thinking is immediately insulted. I find him inflammatory, derisive and completely psychotic. His website and forum are downright frightening...and the methods questionable

Gallop~on~Grant
Sep. 22, 2011, 10:41 PM
His videos on you tube are uber creepy... I dont get it...

BaroquePony
Sep. 22, 2011, 11:01 PM
He looks kinda like Darth Vader on a horse.

WILLOW&CAL
Sep. 23, 2011, 07:55 AM

"He will join us or die, my master."

I find it mildly amusing that he is teaching his horses Latin. Now is that written or spoken?

kinnip
Sep. 23, 2011, 08:20 AM
I wonder how Hempfling feels about being paired with him in the deal bin?

Tamara in TN
Sep. 23, 2011, 08:27 AM

more like Batman...

"to the Batmobile,Robin!"

Tamara

Rhiannonjk
Sep. 23, 2011, 09:49 AM
Will Amazon let you post a review of a book if you only read the prologue? I guess they have no way of knowing how much you really read, right?

mildot
Sep. 23, 2011, 09:50 AM
That's some heavy duty kool aid drinking.......

CFFarm
Sep. 23, 2011, 09:58 AM
Great for him. Does he ride his way down the side of a busy highway? Around the neighborhood with the dogs running at him? By the camels that smell weird? Past the big farm equipment? :confused:

I don't think his horses look any happier than any other traditionally ridden horse who has a compassionate, sensitive rider.:confused:

And since when do Olympic riders have big bottoms?:confused:

Rhiannonjk
Sep. 23, 2011, 10:00 AM
I don't think his horses look any happier than any other traditionally ridden horse who has a compassionate, sensitive rider.:confused:

Yes, but they are doing what they do because he gave them The Look! We, on the other hand, are lost causes intent on torture. :no:

Cupcake
Sep. 23, 2011, 02:05 PM
This guy comes across as pretty much a nut job.

I read his bio on Amazon, and it seems he's pretty much done EVERYTHING, from fighting wars, making movies, doing science.

Isabeau Z Solace
Sep. 23, 2011, 05:34 PM
His videos on you tube are uber creepy... I dont get it...

All righty. Gotta getta look at those....

BaroquePony
Sep. 23, 2011, 05:42 PM
Well, I G:eek::eek:gled him :lol:.

BaroquePony
Sep. 23, 2011, 05:47 PM
Apart from his horsey video adventures, apparently he is an Assistant Professor at none other than North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC!

The video below is a dissection of a horse's head and a discussion of bitting (sort of):
Nevzorov Haute Ecole Research Centre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9jY_dNU_Cc&NR=1

The video below is him riding and working:
Nevzorov Haute Ecole Principles By Alexander Nevzorov (ENGLISH DEMO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-maxXVCTzg

bkkone
Sep. 23, 2011, 06:18 PM
He is also in the Path of the Horse documentary by Stormy May.

If he has very little interest in people as stated in the prologue then why write a book? Seems to have 'issues' with women too...muck-stained girls who declare themselves riding mistresses, broad bottomed ladies in undertaker hats, fantasies of stable girls...I'm sure there are more but as my mind is filled with twaddle (he uses that word several times - not sure what that really means)

Talk about anger, ego etc. No matter the subject wowzer...rantings don't ever make great books!

Eireamon
Sep. 23, 2011, 08:52 PM
You'd be amazed at the amount of people sucked in to this type of garbage.

I rent my property for clinics and had it booked for a clinic with one of his proteges. The clinic was full. I was given a free ticket to attend so in curiousity attended some of the lectures. Oh my god what garbage. The attendees were given a form to sign saying they would follow his philosophys not to use an metal on horses, not to compete,follow racing yadddy yardy. I was given on but handed it back to the clinician who incidentally seemed a pretty sane man saying as I earned the bulk of my income from pretraining racehorses I would be rather a hypocrite to sign the form. He was Ok with that. All the other attendees eagerly signed it to receive their certificates and admittance to the world of Nevzerov Haute Ecole.

No horses were ridden during the clinic. It was all ground work. You had to work your horses on the ground for at least 6 months before they were able to hold a persons weight and even then they were to be ridden for 15 mins max at any one time. The ground work training for the most part was fine and clearly this clinician did have a gift and real love for horses.

Funnily enough the next clinic which was held at my place 6 months later at my place (with the same clinician) was completely different. The clinician had discovered that Nevzerov was not what he made himself to be and had quit as a Nevzorov teacher and disciple .
He advised all the attendees to do so as well. He still advised barefoot and bitless but the horses were ridden. It was far less radical and more mainstream coolaide drinkers :)

But it was the sheer number of people willing to part with big money to do the 4 day course with this guy that amazed me. Their seems to be no end of people who are so suckered with this type of tripe. They were all waxing lyrical of the videos which were clearly over dramatised rubbish. It was like a PETA group.

mildot
Sep. 23, 2011, 09:40 PM
They were all waxing lyrical of the videos which were clearly over dramatised rubbish. It was like a PETA group.
Or rather more like a certain "church" in Guyana.

Old Mac Donald
Sep. 23, 2011, 09:41 PM
I've been having fun reading his forum - English section at the bottom. Normally it is locked for members only... but some cheeky bugger made a duplicate!

http://forumnn.ru/lofiversion/index.php/

And because no topicwreck is complete with pictures...

http://sheva-vet.livejournal.com/162364.html

MunchingonHay
Sep. 23, 2011, 10:50 PM
My EYES! MY EYES! Broken English is hard to listen to....its even HARDER to read! OY! I killed brain cells trying to read that dripple.

ETA: he really must think he is something to decorate the indoor like a sanctuary of a church.

LexInVA
Sep. 23, 2011, 11:26 PM
In Soviet Russia, broken English understands you!

Gestalt
Sep. 23, 2011, 11:43 PM
He has some very interesting boots. :) In the last link the pix are of horses wearing bits, no?

Anyway, I don't see the purpose of his riding, all it seems like he does is have the horses rearing or bucking. Mine already do that without training.

Toadie's mom
Sep. 23, 2011, 11:47 PM
Love to find those photos that were published a couple of years ago of him (recently) on a horse with whip, spurs and a bit.

And here you go!:

I ventured over from the eventing forum when I saw the title of this thread. I saw a 30min. show about him and Stormy May last year on HRTV. They're both weird:eek:

dragonharte8
Sep. 23, 2011, 11:56 PM
In the last link the pix are of horses wearing bits, no?

I blew up one of the images that was closer and he is not using a bit, it is a sidepull.
But he does use a whip....and in one image his heels are into the torso of the horse.

You can save the images to your pictures on your computer, then edit them, which will allow you to enlarge them.........

SnicklefritzG
Sep. 24, 2011, 12:09 AM
more like Batman...

"to the Batmobile,Robin!"

Tamara

That is so insulting!!!!

(to batman :lol: )

LexInVA
Sep. 24, 2011, 12:38 AM
All righty. Gotta getta look at those....

Check out his Amazon author photos. VERY odd one he is.

carolprudm
Sep. 24, 2011, 08:35 AM
He has some very interesting boots. :) In the last link the pix are of horses wearing bits, no?

Anyway, I don't see the purpose of his riding, all it seems like he does is have the horses rearing or bucking. Mine already do that without training.

manentail
Sep. 24, 2011, 09:18 AM
Even though I don't agree with what he says about bits, look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx-z_SRRddA

He did something right

supershorty628
Sep. 24, 2011, 09:31 AM
Call me crazy, but I actually want to read the book. I sometimes get a kick out of reading things that are so ludicrous, they are not insulting, but funny.

CFFarm
Sep. 24, 2011, 09:40 AM
Call me crazy, but I actually want to read the book. I sometimes get a kick out of reading things that are so ludicrous, they are not insulting, but funny.

I could use a laugh too! Hopefully the book wouldn't make me too angry (being a woman). I must admit that his wife is a good photographer.

ThreeFigs
Sep. 24, 2011, 09:42 AM
I suggest you wait a bit and buy it used on Amazon. So he doesn't get YOUR money!

Bats79
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
And here you go!:

Originally Posted by Old Mac Donald View Post

I ventured over from the eventing forum when I saw the title of this thread. I saw a 30min. show about him and Stormy May last year on HRTV. They're both weird:eek:

Thank You. :)

AEM74
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:04 AM
Seriously? What a nutjob. I mean, I'm not saying my horse wouldn't enjoy a bounty such as this, but.....seriously? Pass the Kool Aid.

http://www.amazon.com/Alexander-Nevzorov/e/B005GOT5NI/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Bats79
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
I blew up one of the images that was closer and he is not using a bit, it is a sidepull.
But he does use a whip....and in one image his heels are into the torso of the horse.

You can save the images to your pictures on your computer, then edit them, which will allow you to enlarge them.........

There is a sidepull in one of the photos but this is definitely a bit...

http://www.ljplus.ru/img3/s/h/sheva_vet/th_nevzorov1.jpg

Rhiannonjk
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:10 AM
I could use a laugh too! Hopefully the book wouldn't make me too angry (being a woman). I must admit that his wife is a good photographer.

If you just want the entertainment value, keep clicking for the random sample - then you can be entertained 3 pages at a time, and he won't get your money.

dragonharte8
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:18 AM
There is a sidepull in one of the photos but this is definitely a bit...

http://www.ljplus.ru/img3/s/h/sheva_vet/th_nevzorov1.jpg

Egads, YOU are right. Wow, so he DOES use a whip and bit.....
Thanks for catching that.

MorganLuvr848
Sep. 24, 2011, 10:39 AM
This guy is such a piece of work! My horse is not being abused by putting a plastic happy mouth loose ring in his mouth. I hardly use the thing. I highly doubt any of his horses were trained from the start without a bit. There are a lot of strange people in the horse world.

carolprudm
Sep. 24, 2011, 11:03 AM
Even though I don't agree with what he says about bits, look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx-z_SRRddA

He did something right

I didn't watch it all but why is he sitting on his horse's chest. Is it some sort of Caesar Milan (sp?) alpha roll?

I'm not sure at all that I would call it haute ecole, much more like circus though some of the circus riding in the former Soviet union was very good

He's hardly unique in riding tackless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7v8Ck1crg

though he certainly is in other areas

Antaeus
Sep. 24, 2011, 11:12 AM
... There are a lot of strange people in the horse world.

True dat! :yes:

seeuatx
Sep. 24, 2011, 08:06 PM
I watched that Stormy May "documentary" on HRTV a while ago and thought dude was a complete fruit loop. I'm all for thinking it's cool to have a horse that can go bareback/bridleless but there's more than one road to Rome, so to speak. I hated that the videos he used of horse shows at his "clinics" (kool-aid drinking party?) all showed horses being beat and cranked into a frame and jumpers run past their distances and then beat for the inevitable stop. It's easy to say "horse sports are abuse" when only presented with those images... much harder if one is watching, say, Klimke and Ahlerich.

Old Mac Donald
Sep. 26, 2011, 05:56 AM
Found this - I think it sums up all...

Interview with the One True Master (http://forumnn.ru/lofiversion/index.php/t10895.html)

All you Nevzos... NO SEX FO' YO!

mildot
Sep. 26, 2011, 06:18 AM
Classic narcissist, plain and simple.

silvia
Sep. 26, 2011, 07:21 AM
He was also some kind of criminal prior to his equestrian career, I can't remember the details now it was too long ago.

mildot
Sep. 26, 2011, 07:26 AM
Seriously? What a nutjob. I mean, I'm not saying my horse wouldn't enjoy a bounty such as this, but.....seriously? Pass the Kool Aid.

http://www.amazon.com/Alexander-Nevzorov/e/B005GOT5NI/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

LOL....teaching them to read...:lol:

carolprudm
Sep. 26, 2011, 07:29 AM
Found this - I think it sums up all...

Interview with the One True Master (http://forumnn.ru/lofiversion/index.php/t10895.html)

All you Nevzos... NO SEX FO' YO!
If anyone wants more I have a very large pile behing the shed

LexInVA
Sep. 26, 2011, 07:32 AM
He was also some kind of criminal prior to his equestrian career, I can't remember the details now it was too long ago.

We call them "politicians".

alibi_18
Sep. 26, 2011, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know about any of his students riding career or accomplishment or something? What do they do 'after school'?

And what about him? These same videos have been there for years, is there anything new/recent that he did, achieved, or else?

Never heard of those movies...

dragonharte8
Sep. 26, 2011, 12:31 PM
To all the members of COTH:

I apologize for having stated things about some of your posts.

There is not one of you folks here that is anywhere near the total and complete pompous and arrogant attitude of Nevzorov. His picture should be in the dictionarys along side those words.

alibi_18
Sep. 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
To all the members of COTH:

I apologize for having stated things about some of your posts.

There is not one of you folks here that is anywhere near the total and complete pompous and arrogant attitude of Nevzorov. His picture should be in the dictionarys along side those words.

For the record.

Foxtrot
Sep. 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
I just couldn't help but think, never denigrate anything to build yourself up.

Whether you like Fillis or not, history is history. It is like saying You only want to jump and not do flat work. You can't ignore what comes before. You can't do XC without the dressage. etc... Things don't magically come from no where, there is history, and even if what he were saying was honest and should be listened to, a little respect for history might help, even if you disagree. Distaste makes him look bitter, amateurish, immature...

Horses are wonderful animals. I think if even the smallest equine didn't want "iron" in its mouth, they could stop us. You don't see use bitting giraffes and elephants. They can and do/would say no. So I think it stands to reason that a horse, if opposed to the cruelness of our wicked human ways, would use their poundage against our meager (in comparison) frames

But really struck me was the line with "Even in the most inferior religions..." Really? I am not religious in the slightest, but still, I'm not going to throw mud at others' choices.

But then again...I wouldn't claim not to use crops, then have a picture of me in the exact book holding a whip....just saying....

CHT
Sep. 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
Nevzorov doesn't deny he has ridden with bits in the past, so not sure what the photos of him riding a horse with a bit is meant to prove.

He also doesn't deny that many of his horses were formerly trained under saddle, but he has started some using his principles. His new principles came about as he felt guilty about what he had formerly done to horses in the name of training.

Much of his research is based on Russia (I think), and some of what he has done is focus on crappy saddle fit, abuse in horse schools and such that is common in his area. I think he comes across as "crazy" because he is rebelling against things that are common in his region that we would be appalled at here. Think of it as fighting an extreme with an extreme.

I think that his theories (on training) are interesting. The ideas of making riding a game that is mutually enjoyable for horse and rider is hard to fault. His concept that horses shouldn't be asked to do more than they are comfortable doing without discipline is going to keep him or his followers from competing and will keep him from mainstream horse training, but it is still an interesting experiment in horse training.

onelanerode
Sep. 26, 2011, 07:44 PM
Apart from his horsey video adventures, apparently he is an Assistant Professor at none other than North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC!

I don't believe they're the same person. The chem professor at NCSU is an Alexander A. Nevzorov, while the pompous asshat who fancies himself a horse whisperer is an Alexander Glebovich Nevzorov.

I read a few pages of the latter's dissertation ... it is fascinating in its sheer craziness. :eek:

SerenaGinger
Sep. 26, 2011, 09:21 PM
from his Amazon bio:

Some day, may be not in our life, equestrian sport will be outlawed and our grandchildren will try to forget this shameful fact of man's biography. They would burn with shame thinking of this practice of the past as we are ashamed now thinking of slavery and concentration camps.

Comparing equestrian sports to slavery and concentration camps?

atr
Sep. 26, 2011, 11:07 PM
I guess one thing we really don't need is more men like this in dressage.

SAcres
Sep. 27, 2011, 09:47 AM
He may be crazy but at least he isn't putting huge curb bits in his horses mouths and yanking their heads down...
I'd rather see someone having a romantic candlelit dinner with his horses than abusing them. :)

alibi_18
Sep. 27, 2011, 11:38 AM
He may be crazy but at least he isn't putting huge curb bits in his horses mouths and yanking their heads down...
I'd rather see someone having a romantic candlelit dinner with his horses than abusing them. :)

You should investigate a bit further before saying he is not abusing these horses. It might not be with harsh bits and spurs but someone I know was a 'follower'. This person was kicked out after admitting doing trail riding for fun few times a week...which is NOT allowed in his school...and there was few more 'rules' like that that screamed abuse...

CHT
Sep. 27, 2011, 12:12 PM
How is not allowing trail riding (in some forms) abuse?

Cultish maybe, as in you aren't supposed to ride with those that use bits, but abuse?

Big_Grey_hunter
Sep. 27, 2011, 12:13 PM
Lol, I"m just laughing that he thinks rodeo horses have a rope tied to their genitals. Does he really think that's what happens? And what exactly do they tie the rope to on mare broncos :lol:

ThreeFigs
Sep. 27, 2011, 12:22 PM
Wow, he really thinks that, Big_Grey?

I avoid reading his stuff and watching his videos, same as I cross the street to avoid crazy street preachers. I read/watched enough of his stuff when I first learned about him.

As another famous Russian once said, "To taste the ocean, one only needs one gulp."

alibi_18
Sep. 27, 2011, 12:32 PM
How is not allowing trail riding (in some forms) abuse?

Cultish maybe, as in you aren't supposed to ride with those that use bits, but abuse?

If i remember correctly they couldn't do trail riding because horses shouldn't get out, too much stimuli that could distract the horse from listening to its master.
Horses shouldn't be ridden in group or get out in herd because they become 'idiots' when with their peers and are more difficult to focus on their job.
And more little things like that...

And why is trail riding a bad thing???

I'm sorry but seeing his horses hopping and piaffing everywhere like that doesn't show happier horses to me...

mildot
Sep. 27, 2011, 01:14 PM
If i remember correctly they couldn't do trail riding because horses shouldn't get out, too much stimuli that could distract the horse from listening to its master.

Horses shouldn't be ridden in group or get out in herd because they become 'idiots' when with their peers and are more difficult to focus on their job.
And more little things like that....

Wow, he's nuttier than squirrel poop.

carolprudm
Sep. 27, 2011, 04:03 PM
And more little things like that...

And why is trail riding a bad thing???

I'm sorry but seeing his horses hopping and piaffing everywhere like that doesn't show happier horses to me...
If the horse has a master doesn't that mean the horse is a slave?