PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for free

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

free
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:10 AM
Hi this is free's son writing in to let you that she went to the hospital last night for a stroke. They found a blood clot in her brain and preformed surgery to release the pressure. We still do't know if she will have to recieve further surgeries. I am just asking to please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I know how much she loved to write on this fourm and that she has acquired a great amount of friends over the years too. Thank you very much.

Andy

Gunnar
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Jingling (a COTH Phenomenon) for Free.

Our thoughts are with her and our chains are a jingling.

Hope she gets better!

Please keep us posted.

LAZ
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Andy,

Please give your mom my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'll keep her, and you guys, in my thoughts.

Lee Ann

Holly Jeanne
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:17 AM
Sending prayers! Please keep us informed.

deltawave
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:18 AM
Oh NO! Major jingles, prayers and wishes for free. How good of you, Andy, to let us all know...I hope my hubby would know to let all my COTH buddies know if I were in need. Please keep us posted.

bornfreenowexpensive
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:20 AM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for free and her family. Hope she recovers fully and quickly!

Xctrygirl
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:20 AM
Oh Andy I am so sorry.

I just talked to her a few days ago on the phone. I am jingling away and hope she heals quickly.

~Emily

goobs
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:49 AM
Terrible! Here's to a quick and full recovery!

maxxtrot
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:52 AM
andy- i am so sorry to hear this, was hoping to see her this weekend at rocking horse. please know that we are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.she is a tough lady and i am sure things will turn out just fine. jingling in florida!

sporthorselover
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:54 AM
oh andy, i'm so sorry! this is jodi, ainsley's mom....our thoughts & prayers are with you guys.

jodi

JustJump250
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:55 AM
How awful. Jingles for a speedy recovery!

BarbB
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:31 AM
Sending wishes for a quick recovery.
Please keep us updated.

Carol Ames
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:32 AM
I will dfinitely pray!and since as asurvivor I have had lots of experience with recovery , and, rehab issues, I would be more than happy to tell you of my experiences, and, what I would havedone after my strokes has Ionly known then what I know now! Feel free yto email or call, I'll send you a PT with the info; Please see if you can find a rehab counselor who will be able to guide her, and, the family through the jungle of changes, adaptations, andservices available to you all. ASk the hospital if,hey have a stroke support group, there is an excellentbulletin board fothe Univ,of Ky., //louisville, I can give you more information aboutthat if you like. many prayers.be there with her, holdingher hand if possible, and,let her know that you are there for her.

Carol Ames
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:37 AM
I will dfinitely pray!and since as asurvivorof 2 strokes I have had lots of experience with recovery , and, rehab issues, I would be more than happy to tell you of my experiences, and, what I would havedone after my strokes has Ionly known then what I know now! Feel free to email or call, I'll send you a PT with the info; Please see if you can find a rehab counselor who will be able to guide her, and, the family through the jungle of changes, adaptations, andservices available to you all. ASk the hospital if,hey have a stroke support group, there is an excellentbulletin board for the Univ,of Ky., //louisville, I can give you more information aboutthat if you like. many prayers.be there with her, holding her hand if possible, and,let her know that you are there for her.

Rockin'
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:40 AM
Thank-you Andy for letting us know how your Mum is doing.I have always enjoyed talking to her on the internet and appreciated the interest she has shown in my horses .I will certainly be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery.Please keep us updated as to how you all are doing.Best wishes all the way from New Zealand.

Carol Ames
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:56 AM
Andy, check tyour PTs, What hospital iss he in?

Carol Ames
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:57 AM
Andy, check tyour PTs, What hospital is she in?

JER
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:00 PM
Andy, thank you so much for keeping us informed. Your mom is a wonderful presence on this board.

I hope the recovery goes well and my thoughts are with your family.

Carol Ames
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by carol Ames:
I will dfinitely pray!and since as asurvivor of 2 strokes I have had lots of experience with recovery , and, rehab issues, I would be more than happy to tell you of my experiences, and, what I would havedone after my strokes had Ionly known then what I know now! Feel free to email or call, I'll send you a PT with the info; Please see if you can find a rehab counselor who will be able to guide her, and, the family through the jungle of changes, adaptations, andservices available to you all. ASk the hospital if,hey have a stroke support group, there is an excellentbulletin board for the Univ,of Ky., //louisville, I can give you more information aboutthat if you like. many prayers.be there with her, holding her hand if possible, and,let her know that you are there for her.There are many resources on the internet , check out theNSA, nationalStroke Assoc. bsite, or just "google" the word "dtroke", and see what comes up. Prayers and jingles from Virginia

JDufort
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:03 PM
Andy

please tell your Mom that we are praying for a speedy recovery.

cyber hugs to you and your family from Johanna and me.

mpack
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:21 PM
Praying for a full recovery andGreat Gracefor everyone.

kookicat
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:40 PM
Jingles to you. i hope she's okay, really i do.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Mariequi
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:42 PM
Andy, so kind of you to take the time to let us know. We know she'd be there for us. Please let us know we're jingling loud and long and hope to hear from her directly soon! Bless you both.

austin
Sep. 30, 2005, 12:48 PM
Dear Andy,

I sincerely hope your Mom recovers soon. Tell her the whole eventing community is wishing her well and we all enjoy reading her posts. Her sense of humor and positive attitude will surely help pull her through this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

ml

BeastieSlave
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:00 PM
I had to jump over here to add my {{{{JINGLES}}}} to everyone else's!!

Thank you Andy for letting us know. Please do pass on to your mom that there are many horse folks jingling for her speedy recovery.

Evalee Hunter
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:19 PM
I have felt like Free was a friend of mine ever since we corresponded about "Elvis" (Phone the King) a couple of years back! I am sure rooting/jingling/praying that she will recover quickly so we can continue to compare notes about stallions & breeding.

I know she desperately wanted to breed that Olympic horse for you, Andy.

austin
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:26 PM
She loves Andy so ! I will never forget watching her watch him go Intermediate (Cross Country) at River Glenn on Miller (2002?). Of course he did great !

Louise
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:29 PM
Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear this. Major jingle, prayers and thoughts going out to free.

quiet girl
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Andy, hope your mom makes a speedy recovery, she is a pistol and I'm sure she will pull through. Tell her I'm thinking about her and wishing her well. Pat

wanderlust
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:41 PM
Andy, best wishes and lots of jingles for your mom. Please give us an update when you have a chance.

Janet
Sep. 30, 2005, 01:41 PM
OH NO!

I'm definitely "jingling" for her.

And for you and the rest of her family too.

(I'm Gillian Clissold's (Sportscar) sister)

Robby Johnson
Sep. 30, 2005, 03:45 PM
Free, get better really, really soon. Those fillies need you to dote over them! You are missed but in my thoughts.

Robby

fooler
Sep. 30, 2005, 03:47 PM
Jingles and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Fred
Sep. 30, 2005, 04:48 PM
dear Andy, thank you for taking the time to let us know.
Please let your mom know we are thinking about her, praying and jingling... sending get well thoughts from Ontario!
xo
Gail

free
Sep. 30, 2005, 04:49 PM
I am deeply sad to tell you that Mary is very ill right now. The prognoses of a full recovery is slim to none, but I am still praying. She has done so much for my horses and me that I don't know what I will do with out her. Thank you very much.

Andy

Fred
Sep. 30, 2005, 04:52 PM
oh dear, Andy, I am so sorry to hear this.
Still praying for a full recovery. If there is anything I can do, anything at all, please let me know.
here is my phone # 519 756 5803
sending big big hugs to you and your family
xo
Gail

Sannois
Sep. 30, 2005, 05:01 PM
Praying so hard for your moms recovery! And Jingling with every curbchain I can find! Keep strong and be with her Andy! ((((((Hugs))))))

annikak
Sep. 30, 2005, 05:25 PM
Oh......My heart goes out to all of you- She is wonderful- at least what I know here on the COTH BB. Jingling like mad for you in MI- http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/cry.gif

BeastieSlave
Sep. 30, 2005, 05:28 PM
Oh Andy, my heart just sank when I read your latest post. I know how cruel strokes can be. Please know that there are many people here who would be honored to help in any way we can. If we can't help, please remember that we are thinking of you and your mother and sending you our best wishes and prayers.

FlightCheck
Sep. 30, 2005, 05:38 PM
She is a GREAT lady.

All of us at Rocking Horse will be thinking of her...especially when Crystal rides y'alls horses......... http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/cry.gif

eventable
Sep. 30, 2005, 05:48 PM
Enormous jingles from New Zealand http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

serena
Sep. 30, 2005, 06:42 PM
Sending all my jingles; my thoughts and prayers are with free and her family

Lori T
Sep. 30, 2005, 06:59 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I was looking forward to meeting her tomorrow at Rocking Horse..we know the O'Brien's from pony club so I knew I would be able to find her!
She is in my prayers.
Lori
http://www.calypsofarm.piczo.com

jetsmom
Sep. 30, 2005, 07:00 PM
Andy,

Sending prayers and get well wishes from Texas.

Lord Helpus
Sep. 30, 2005, 07:05 PM
Oh Andy,

My heart is breaking at this terrible news. I was just in touch with your mom last week about Stevie. (I am the person who sold Stevie Wonderful to you guys...)

Like everyone else here, and everyone who knows her, prayers and love go out to her and all of your family in this sad time.

Pam

equinelaundry
Sep. 30, 2005, 07:06 PM
Andy, your mom is in my prayers and sending lots of healing thoughts. Prayers & jingles are also going on in the "Off Course" forum.

Please let her know that she is much loved on this forum. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sadsmile.gif

mountain girl
Sep. 30, 2005, 07:18 PM
I am jingling for your sweet mother.

mademoiselle
Sep. 30, 2005, 07:25 PM
Jingles from Michigan ...

I will think about your mom, I hope to read a post very soon with some good news.

Freebird!
Sep. 30, 2005, 08:19 PM
From one "Free" to another - she is for sure in my prayers.

Bensmom
Sep. 30, 2005, 08:39 PM
Everyone please keep praying and jingling -- hard.

Andy, I adore your mom too -- thanks so much for letting us know and she'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Libby

IQ3day
Sep. 30, 2005, 09:01 PM
Andy
Coren's mom here. I am so sorry about your mom. I just called Coren and she wil be in touch. We remember how fondly you spoke of your mom when we first met you in Florida at Rocking Horse. She must be an incredible lady. I am praying for her full recovery. I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. If you get a second private e mail Coren as I am not sure she has your current phone number. Take care and keep faith for the best.
Kathy

BasqueMom
Sep. 30, 2005, 09:32 PM
Andy,

More jingles and prayers for your mom.

EBO
Sep. 30, 2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Tell your mom that jingles are coming in from California.

Rockin'
Sep. 30, 2005, 11:02 PM
Just checking to see ifthere have been any updates.
Andy ,your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Jingling like crazy here in NZ..!!!

Badger
Oct. 1, 2005, 04:20 AM
Free and Andy and family are in my thoughts in prayers.

free
Oct. 1, 2005, 05:19 AM
Thank you everyone for writing in. I know how happy my mother would to see all the support she has. I will tell her that everyone is pulling for her. Right now it is a waiting game to see how she will respond to her treatment. I am forever greatfull for your kind words and support. Thanks again.

Andy

PS- My da and I had Crystal take the horses to Rocking Horse show this weekend because we knew that would be what she wanted done. I hope she will be able to see them run atthe Florida Horse Park show in november.

Marli
Oct. 1, 2005, 05:21 AM
Andy-

Just caught up from the thread in the 'off course' forum, please give your mother our love, lots of prayers for a speedy recovery and stay strong!

jilltx
Oct. 1, 2005, 05:38 AM
Andy... Texas-sized ***JINGLES*** for your Mom.
Thoughts, prayers and crossed fingers too.

Get better Free Free!!

traklover
Oct. 1, 2005, 07:17 AM
More jingles headed you way from Canada. Your in our thoughts in prayers!

barbaraG
Oct. 1, 2005, 07:23 AM
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif Andy,

Jingles and little kisses on the forehead for your Mom and You. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

BarbaraG
GWV

Noctis
Oct. 1, 2005, 09:12 AM
Huge jingles for Free, and she is in my prayers.

ponygrl
Oct. 1, 2005, 11:38 AM
Andy, I hope your mother the best recovery. She emailed me a couple years ago about a horse I had for sale and when I called her we talked for almost an hour and a half!

One of the nicest people I've ever talked to.

Shes in our thoughts

asterix
Oct. 1, 2005, 11:52 AM
Andy, jingles and best wishes -- I met you at the Olympic trials last summer briefly. WE are all pulling for your mom -- she is one of the people who makes this place a home for all of us, and we love to hear about YOUR exploits through her...

free
Oct. 1, 2005, 04:44 PM
Hi everyone, thank you for all your support. We were able to talk to the doctor today and find out how she is doing. He said that she is doing better that they have expected he to do. She is still not out of the woods yet and is still in critical condition. She can turn for the worse at any giving time, but we aren't thinking of that right now because we are so happy with her improvemt. Thank you for everything you have done.

Andy

deltawave
Oct. 1, 2005, 04:46 PM
JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE

C'mon, free! Hang in there! We're all pulling for you. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

can't re-
Oct. 1, 2005, 04:50 PM
I just found this post and want to add my jingles and prayers. I am so glad to read of the improvement.

Hugs to you and your family.
-Barbara

Lord Helpus
Oct. 1, 2005, 05:12 PM
I'm SO GLAD that she has had a good day. I know that, with strokes, the first couple of days are so important. WHOO HOO, Free!!!! You Go, Girl!

AppJumpr08
Oct. 1, 2005, 05:17 PM
Jingling from New Hampshire for Free!!! Hope all is going to be ok!

frugalannie
Oct. 1, 2005, 05:32 PM
Sent lots of prayers and healing thoughts to Free today.

Clearly she has a loving family. Thank you for sharing with us, Andy. She must be special to have a son like you!

maxxtrot
Oct. 1, 2005, 06:19 PM
andy- got to meet crystal today at rocking horse and got also to see the new horses you all have gotten. your mom would be very proud of how they all went. crystal did a wonderful job! please tell her we are all thinking about her even at the horse show.we know she would have loved to have been here too!i will keep her in my prayers,stacey

Elliesmom
Oct. 1, 2005, 06:22 PM
Lots of big, loud jingles coming from Michigan.

Tiffany01
Oct. 1, 2005, 06:35 PM
JINGLES JINLGES JINGLES

Jazzy Lady
Oct. 1, 2005, 07:45 PM
I just read this.

JINGLE, JINGLE, JINGLE!

Keeping free in my prayers.

clivers
Oct. 1, 2005, 07:46 PM
jingles galore from canada
and Andy, thanks for keeping us posted.
gabby

Mariequi
Oct. 1, 2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date so often, Andy. It sounds like a good day indeed so on to prayers and jingles for this to continue. You're so right to think positively.

Lisamarie8
Oct. 1, 2005, 08:28 PM
Those miraculous improvements are indeed the things to focus on. Andy, y'all stick together and be fantastically strong and we're all pulling for you.

Lisa D

Luvinfoofy
Oct. 1, 2005, 11:04 PM
JINGLES for free and Andy...

((hugs))

FifteenOne
Oct. 2, 2005, 03:42 AM
More Jingles and Prayers for free & Andy.

IQ3day
Oct. 2, 2005, 11:37 AM
Jingles and prayers for Free and her family. Andy- thank you for keeping us posted. It has been a long time since I have talked to you. I hope you are holding up well.
Coren

Pocket Pony
Oct. 2, 2005, 12:16 PM
Adding my jingles!!!!!!!

Louise
Oct. 2, 2005, 12:57 PM
Just to let you know that the jingling from my end of the world is continuing.

flbay
Oct. 2, 2005, 02:00 PM
Andy,

I just caught up with this thread...I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She is one heck of a strong woman and has many friends. Please let her know that I am thinking of her and that we all continue to send our best wishes.

If there is anything I can do, even if it is to help "decode" what is going on medically, I am happy to do so. I still have lots of strong ties to all three hospitals in Gainesville if that is where she is. Please feel free to PT me or call me any time. quietgirl has my phone number or I will PT it to you.

all my best wishes, melissa

FlightCheck
Oct. 2, 2005, 02:34 PM
Here's hoping....

Crystal is bringing home a ribbon for Free...it was an emotional day.

Everyone at RH sends their very best to you

free
Oct. 2, 2005, 03:54 PM
Thank you very much for your kind words. Mary is doing about the same as yesterday. The doctors are amazed with her progress so far. They said with the size of blood clot that she had most people wouldn't be in the codition she is in. It is going to take about an other week before we will really see much inprovments in her. The doctors say it might take two months to drain the blood clot so we are just hoping for the best. I want to thank everyone because I really think it is helping her and it is helping our family too. Thanks agtain.

Andy

twowillows
Oct. 2, 2005, 04:49 PM
my prayers are with your mother and your family I hope all the best for her. God Bless.

Fred
Oct. 2, 2005, 05:13 PM
Thank you Andy for keeping us updated. I am sending you and your mom my strongest get well thoughts and prayers.
xo
Gail

annikak
Oct. 2, 2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks Andy- you and your mom are in our thoughts- jingles continue from MI!

Shows what a tough woman she is! Keep on, Free!!!!

cyriz's mom
Oct. 2, 2005, 06:32 PM
Andy,
I am so sorry to hear about Mary. I hope and pray that she surprises the doctors and makes a full and speedy recovery.

She is a great lady and was so supportive and encouraging to me when Cyriz completed the 100-day last fall. We had a number of lovely phone conversations and her kind words meant a lot to me then and now.

Please give her my regards. I'll be thinking of all of you.

Cyndi

Equinetech
Oct. 2, 2005, 08:07 PM
Jingling like mad with both hands from SGU!

(((free and family)))<-cyber hug

prayers coming too!

eks
Oct. 2, 2005, 08:20 PM
Andy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. You are both in my thoughts and prayers during this horrible time. Thank you for keeping us all updated on her progress.

BBowen
Oct. 2, 2005, 09:00 PM
Andy:

Sending major prayers and jingles for your mom. I happy to hear she is making progress. I pray that she makes a very speedy recovery. Thank you so much for keeping us posted. Please let her know that we are pulling for her.

Ishi
Oct. 2, 2005, 09:19 PM
Jingling like crazy from Colorado for Free and her family!

Judi
Oct. 2, 2005, 11:47 PM
Andy... major major prayers and jingles for you and your Mom. Praying for a speedy recovery and peace for the days ahead.

judi and rainier

FairWeather
Oct. 3, 2005, 04:52 AM
other week before we will really see much inprovments in her. The doctors say it might take two months to drain the blood clot so we are just hoping for the best. I want to thank everyone because I really think it is helping her and it is he

I just saw this, and I'm so sorry to hear that Mary is going through this. My thoughts are with her and you Andy. She's a tough lady, if anybody can pull through this its her!

can't re-
Oct. 3, 2005, 05:01 AM
Still jingling and sending prayers for Mary!

free
Oct. 3, 2005, 05:41 AM
I have really really really good news. The doctors told us today that they are going to take Mary off the ventilator because she is breathing on her own. They are going to try it for four hours and see how she does. This is really good because they thought they might have to put in a restpirator yesterday. I am so proud of her. She is a tough woman and I know she is fighting as hard as she can.

Thanks again,
Andy

Holly Jeanne
Oct. 3, 2005, 05:44 AM
So glad to hear good news! Continuing prayers!

frugalannie
Oct. 3, 2005, 05:45 AM
Jingling in time with her breaths today.

In with the good air, out with the bad air.

Thank you again, for keeping us in the loop, Andy.

Bensmom
Oct. 3, 2005, 05:47 AM
Andy -- thanks so much for taking the time to keep us updated -- that is *such* great news!

Still jingling away . . .

Libby

Timex
Oct. 3, 2005, 06:19 AM
many, many jingles for free!

Janet
Oct. 3, 2005, 07:36 AM
That is GREAT news. Keep having more like that and we can ALL celebrate.

BBowen
Oct. 3, 2005, 08:26 AM
What super news to start the morning. Continued prayers and jingles that she improves each day.

jumpforjoy
Oct. 3, 2005, 08:44 AM
Jingles and heartfelt prayers for Mary from Northern Michigan!

IFG
Oct. 3, 2005, 08:46 AM
Best wishes for you, your mom, and your family!

Jingling in N.E.

Debbie
Oct. 3, 2005, 10:19 AM
Best wishes to free and her family. Hope you continue to get good news.

persefne
Oct. 3, 2005, 11:03 AM
I'm chiming in here late, but hoping the best for Free and her family. It sounds as though she has a wonderful family and lots of friends out there jingling for her and a speedy recovery.

Mariequi
Oct. 3, 2005, 01:44 PM
Sounding really good, Andy. I'm still jingling, but picturing taking deep breaths and sending them in Mary's direction (altoids included, of course)!

Fred
Oct. 3, 2005, 01:50 PM
such encouraging news! Continuing to jingle here in Ontario for Mary. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif
xo
Gail

claire
Oct. 3, 2005, 02:05 PM
I am sorry I just saw this...I am praying for Free and her family and Thanking God for the Good News!

flbay
Oct. 3, 2005, 02:20 PM
That's great Andy! What a remarkable amount of progress in such a short time.

bambam
Oct. 3, 2005, 02:30 PM
Just coming across this thread-
so glad she is showing improvement
Jingling for a full and speedy recovery!!

BeastieSlave
Oct. 3, 2005, 02:41 PM
So glad to see your update Andy!!! What a good way to start the week. You guys hang in there and we'll all keep jingling

doublete
Oct. 3, 2005, 08:12 PM
Oh no, I'm just now catching up to see this.

Im so sorry.

Jingling for Mary and her family.

adamsmom
Oct. 3, 2005, 08:25 PM
Andy, best wishes for your mom. She's such a great presence on this board, and so knowledgeable, with such great advice.

She's shown her toughness, but jingles galore all the same!!

LAZ
Oct. 4, 2005, 05:33 AM
Any new news?

free
Oct. 4, 2005, 05:40 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words of in couragement. Mary is doing about the same today. The doctors are going to take her breathing tube out today though. She has been breathing on her own for more than twenty four hours now. She looks incredible for what she has gone through. Now we have to sit and wait and see how the blood clot will drain. The doctors say that it could take up to two months, but we are hoping it won't take that long. I talk to her every day and tell her that her friends on coth are pulling for her. My dad and I printed out all of your replies and we are going to read them to her. I will be baack tonight to update everyone. Thank you very much.

Andy

can't re-
Oct. 4, 2005, 05:45 AM
What wonderful news Andy.

Jingling and praying for a quick recovery.

mademoiselle
Oct. 4, 2005, 06:39 AM
Thank you for all the update, it's very nice of you to take the time to post on the BB for some 'strangers' on a BB.

I check the BB a few times a day for your updates and I'm so happy to hear that your mom is doing better everyday.

Jingles, jingles, jingles ...

Let us know if you need anything from us, the people on this BB are always ready to help when it's needed.

Jessi P
Oct. 4, 2005, 06:52 AM
More WVa jingles on their way!

Andy let me say that you are a great son to take the time to keep your Mom's community of friends in touch and updated with progress reports. I hope that if/when something happens to me my children show the same consideration for me that you are for your Mom.

Big big hugs to you and your Dad too Andy! Be strong and give your Mom a hug and kiss from all of us. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 4, 2005, 07:53 AM
I'm lurking here since this is where you tend to post about free...

letting you know that Missouri is laso pulling for her...and I'm from NY originally....so we count there too...and my boy Ted was foaled in Illinois...so we have three states jingling.

Am so glad there is such improvement.

monstrpony
Oct. 4, 2005, 08:24 AM
Andy, Thanks so much for the regular updates. It's awful when something like this happens to one of our regulars, it's like it's right at home. We really do appreciate you keeping us updated so we can keep the jingles coming!

Best wishes for a continued rapid and "uneventful" recovery!!

Quinn
Oct. 4, 2005, 08:32 AM
Andy, you have some pretty strong Canadian jingles being sent your way as well! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif Thanks for the updates. You do your part and you can count on us to do ours.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

annikak
Oct. 4, 2005, 09:50 AM
Jingles!!

I have those curb chains everywhere... Thanks for the updates- and DO read things to her. From what people have told me, they can hear it- even if its far off- its still something. Keeps her fighting to get back.

MI *and NC* jingles are flooding that room!

gillenwaterfarm
Oct. 4, 2005, 11:52 AM
Prayers and Jingles from Alabama.

Miss Maddie
Oct. 4, 2005, 12:01 PM
So glad to hear the positive updates. More jingles and best wishes to Mary and her family. I was hoping to meet her for the first time at Rocking Horse last weekend.

Mariequi
Oct. 4, 2005, 01:10 PM
Mary, you are loved from coast to coast
We COTHers love you the most
Dublin and I in Kentucky are here for you
As are LordHelpUs and Holly Jeanne too
We’re jingling and praying and smiling because
The swiftness of your recovery will break all the laws!
You go girl! Holla!

poltroon
Oct. 4, 2005, 01:49 PM
We love you free!

free
Oct. 4, 2005, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone. I am so glad that my mom has such wonderful friends. I have always teased her for be on coth so much, but I can see her reason now. She is doing about the same tonight. She is breathing better and better with each passing day. Also, the nurse told my dad and I that she is moving her left side a little better. That was the side that went paralized when she had the stroke and blood clot on thursday. My dad has been reading her all the wonderful response she has gotten on coth. I know she can hear them and I belive it will make her stronger. It is so hard to see her laying there in the hospital and not be able to do anything for her but be at her side. She is an amazing woman and I can't wait for her to be able to go to an other event as soon as she can. I want to thank everyone for all that they have done. I can't thank you enough for the support and incouragment you have given us. Thank you.

Andy

Mary in Area 1
Oct. 4, 2005, 07:01 PM
You know Andy, even though we will send as much encouragement and support as we can, a fabulous son like YOU is really all a Mom needs to pull through the toughest of times! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sadsmile.gif

Carol Ames
Oct. 4, 2005, 07:51 PM
Thank youso very much forte updates, I am delighted to hesr that she is stabilizing, I'm sure she can her you, and, yourdad, tell her that I jumjudged at Morven Parklast wekend, and, wore my save the 3de shirt!Maybe I'll meet her jupjudging some day; talk with the therapists about doing some "ranging of her paralyzed arm, and,leg, you, andyour dad can learn how to do it, and, it will be very beneficial for her, inthe meantime, touch herleftside, if only tolayyour hand onit, any stimulus to her cns, brain, and, body get is helpful. and willl work to prevent contractures, it was too late for me, and, athe time of my stroke I had no friends or family to come in and help me. she is very fortunate to have you, and, your dad there. so, hi, free, fromone stroke survivor to another,. you're doing great, and, we are all praying, and jingling for you!

Carol Ames
Oct. 4, 2005, 07:55 PM
Thank youso very much for the updates, http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I am delighted to hear that she is stabilizing, I'm sure she can hear you, and, yourdad, http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif tell her that I jumpjudged at Morven Parklast wekend, and, wore my save the 3de shirt!Maybe I'll meet her jumpjudging some day; http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/winkgrin.gif talk with the therapists about doing some "ranging of her paralyzed arm, and,leg, you, and your dad can learn how to do it, and, it will be very beneficial for her, inthe meantime, touch herleftside, if only tolay your hand on it, any stimulus her cns, brain, and, body get is helpful. and willl work to prevent contractures, it was too late for me, and, at the time of my stroke I had no friends or family to come in and help me. she is very fortunate to have you, and, your dad there. so, hi, free, from one stroke survivor to another,. you're doing great, http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif and, we are all praying, and jingling for you!

Bensmom
Oct. 4, 2005, 09:29 PM
Andy, I know I sound like an echo of everyone else, but thank you so much for taking the time to let us know. I was doing barn chores tonight and thinking positive thoughts for your mom, and musing on just how proud she would be of the horses that ran at Rocking Horse this weekend.

I admire your mom's relentless thirst for knowledge about what makes a great horse great, and her unflagging energy to help OTTBs get great homes after they retire from racing.

Please tell her to hang in there and let her know that the North Florida contingent is thinking as many positive thoughts as we can fit into a day!!

Libby

CosmosMariner
Oct. 4, 2005, 09:39 PM
Get better soon Free! You have a great family and a really special son waiting for you.

Fred
Oct. 5, 2005, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by CosmosMariner:
Get better soon Free! You have a great family and a really special son waiting for you.

thinking of you Free here on a dark Ontario morning, before I go out to feed the horses. Fred is also joining the jingles for you!
I just want to echo what carolames said. When my Dad had his stroke, the drs were not optomistic. But I wouldn't let anyone say anything negative around him.. I just talked to him, told him where he was and what was happening, held his hand, stroked his face.. and asked him to hang on, that things would get better.
Everytime I said the word "dad" his eyelids fluttered - so I know that he heard me.
Thank you Andy for continuing to give us updates during this very stressful time in your life.
Come on free - all the beautiful Thoroughbreds out there need you!
xo
Gail

free
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:04 AM
Hi everyone. I am happy to say that the doctors are going to try and wake her up today. They are going to take her off most her medication and see if she wil wake up. Please keep her in their thoughts and prayers because this is an important day. I know you all will. Thank youvery much.

Andy

frugalannie
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:25 AM
Andy, we'll ALL be jingling together. Maybe Mary will hear the racket and it will help her wake up?

subk
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:32 AM
Andy as everybody has said thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. I've dusted off the curb chain that I had a jeweler transform into a bracelet and will be jingling and thinking of Mary all day.

free
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:33 AM
I know you will frugalannie. As soon as I can I am going to read every single page of this topic to her. I hope she will wake up today and I know how good she will feel after she hears what everyone has written for her. Thank you.

Andy

shr
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:34 AM
Jingles for you Mary!!! We are cheering for you!!!

Elliesmom
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:40 AM
Still jingling really loud here in Kalamazoo! We don't have any curb chains, so we're jingling our Fjords' harness chains and bells. So glad to hear your mom is making good progress!

monstrpony
Oct. 5, 2005, 05:44 AM
Good Luck today. Will be thinking about you!

Thanks, Andy.

FortheFunofitFarm
Oct. 5, 2005, 06:08 AM
Major jingles coming from Md for your Mom. Everything's crossed that today goes well.

JDufort
Oct. 5, 2005, 06:08 AM
Andy

we are jingling madly for Mary! Tell her we'll be thinking of her next week at the OBS sale - last year she was with us (and Maxxtrott) on our first day, and we brought home two beautiful mares on day 2. Well, let her know that the beautiful baby born to one of those mares will be returning to the sale as a weanling in hopes of beginning her career as a racing horse. We'll certainly be thinking of her at the sale! I know she'd much rather be hanging out there with us, and she will again be at future sales.

jamr75
Oct. 5, 2005, 06:17 AM
Hey Andy, I found it. What kind and thoughtful people they have on this site. I'm sure that Mary doesn't know how many wonderful friends she has. Good luck today. I know that I will be thinking about you and your family.

Jen

Bridlechase
Oct. 5, 2005, 07:02 AM
Hi all. This is Crystal O'Brien. Joe and Andy had printed this forum off and I wanted to join in. We all have started reading these forums to her in hopes she would hear how many people are pulling for her. I have been up at the hospital with them both and have taken over evening feedings to help out. I have continued to ride the horses because I know that she wouldn't want it any other way. At night I will go up there and tell her how her "children" did each day. Mary "free" is a second mother to me and I know she has support coming from all over. After the show, when I returned back to her home I saw a sight that I knew she needed to see more than me. I let her horses out in the big field and they all went running and playing as if it was their way of telling her that she needed to be home to watch them "kick up their heels" as she would always tell me when I'm riding and about to get bucked off. Thank you all for your love and support.

BBowen
Oct. 5, 2005, 07:47 AM
Andy:

As others have said, thank you for keeping all of us updated on your mom's condition. She is one of our own and there is a lot of love and prayers coming her way, as well as to you and your dad. I have no doubt that she knows you are there with her and that she is hearing you talk to her even if she can't respond.

Sending more jingles and prayers that all goes well today as the doctors wake your mom. Very glad to hear the she getting more movement on her left (affected) side.

Bridlechase - I am sure she will be so pleased that you are looking after the horses and letting her hear about them will help during the recovery process. Hugs to you all.

persefne
Oct. 5, 2005, 07:57 AM
Andy, I'm happy to hear your news that they will be trying to wake your mom up today. I'm sure that a large part of her recovery will come from her understanding just how much her family and friends love her and are with her. Thanks for stopping in here so often, and Bridlechase, thank you for taking the time to check in, as well. Best of luck today! My heart goes out to all of you there in FL.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 5, 2005, 11:05 AM
Am checking in to see what's up...hoping that today is the first of major strides back to recovery for free.

colliemom
Oct. 5, 2005, 12:02 PM
I don't know free, so at first didn't feel that I had any right to post here, but today I really felt compelled to do so. Following this thread about a person who is a stranger to me and many others has brought tears to my eyes over and over again, at the thought of how wonderfully supportive a community we have. Not just here on the BB, but the horse world in general and Eventers in particular seem to really pull together in times of greatest need.

So I'll send my jingles, too, from Eastern PA to a woman who has clearly touched so many, both human and equine. All the OTTB's in my barn will join me! (Paris, Tip, Rags, Leo, Joker, Thunder, Movado, Flynn, and Cooper -- all eventers or eventers in the making!)

BBowen
Oct. 5, 2005, 12:06 PM
Colliemom:

I don't know free either other than from her posts here. But, we all have a connection through our love of horses and horse sports. It is wonderful to have a community of people that care even if we have never met.

Gunnar
Oct. 5, 2005, 12:12 PM
Andy, as all have said thanks for the updates. Mary is getting better I am hoping and I am certainly sending those powerful CAlifornia jingles.

My thoughts are with you and yours during this hard time. The COTH has you in it's embrace and that is one strong embrace!!!

Jingling.................

Love Stephanne and Bodie
your friends from afar!

Luvinfoofy
Oct. 5, 2005, 12:27 PM
free,

We are all praying and jingling and sending wishes your way -
I miss your insightful and cheerful posts.
You can do it, girl, we're all pulling for you!

IQ3day
Oct. 5, 2005, 12:50 PM
Andy
Coren and I check everyday for an update. thanks for keeping everyone informed about your mom's progress. All those years coren was a working student for Becky at Rocking Horse I wanted to meet your mom. Those years introduced us to some wonderful people like you. As soon as your mom is back out into the eventing world I hope I will get introduced at a show or somewhere. Read to her and tell her that there are prayers from coast to coast for her recovery. Take care of yourself. We miss your "harassing phone calls!
HA!
Kathy Morgan

Pat Ness
Oct. 5, 2005, 03:45 PM
Hello Free,
I always admire your posts as you are such a champion for the horses. Please hurry back so you can continue to brighten the boards with your positive attitude!
Pat Ness

Xctrygirl
Oct. 5, 2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Andy and Mary,

Just checking in on my day off. Tell Mary that Scrappy did really well in his first race since the Preakness. He was second in the Indiana Derby and earned a 102 beyer along the way.

Meanwhile Lad has rejoined me at Delaware and he is doing great. He even ponied with the race horses today!!

I am thinking about her and the telephone call we had just 2 weeks ago. Tell her to get well soon, there's just too much left to do.

All my jingles and Charlie's too.

~Emily

BeastieSlave
Oct. 5, 2005, 04:19 PM
I've been out of town for the day and this is the first thread I came to for any updates. Thank you Andy for keeping us posted. Please tell free that we are continuing our never-ending jingles (those non-horse cults have nothing on this crowd!).

Tell free that I am continuing to work on the 'project horse' we e-mailed each other about. I'm confident there will be a positive outcome, but I would sure like the help of another great mind, so get back online soon!

FlightCheck
Oct. 5, 2005, 04:23 PM
thinking of you and yours tonight...

my vet's husband was in a serious car crash last week - comatose, c6 fracture, and yesterday she was told he would not last through last night.

30 minutes ago he opened his eyes, he looked at her, he can move his toes
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sadsmile.gif

so hang in there, Andy and crew. Miracles DO happen

annikak
Oct. 5, 2005, 04:55 PM
Cannot wait to hear the updates! Jingling like mad for you, Free, Andy and Crystal in MI!!!
Thanks again for keeping us posted!!!!

Such a wonderful story, Flightcheck Great for your vet and her hubby!

Fred
Oct. 6, 2005, 04:10 AM
checking in on another dark and foggy Ontario morning, hoping the day ahead is bright and sunny for free!

free
Oct. 6, 2005, 05:01 AM
Hi everyone. Mary is doing good. She shows small improvement every day. The doctors did an other ct scan yesterday and the blood clot hasn't gotten bigger so they were happy with that. Thank you very much for the prayers and jingles for her.

Andy

LAZ
Oct. 6, 2005, 05:54 AM
Good deal on the positive news!

jamr75
Oct. 6, 2005, 06:04 AM
That is still good news. We all know how long it takes for the human body to repair itself. I'm sure that she can feel all the love and prayers that everyone has been sending her. Thanks for the update.
Jen

BarnBrat
Oct. 6, 2005, 08:54 AM
Jingling for free!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 6, 2005, 09:09 AM
still jingling!

BBowen
Oct. 6, 2005, 09:37 AM
Andy:

Thanks for the update and so very happy your mom continues to improve. Sending more prayers and jingles.

deltawave
Oct. 6, 2005, 01:39 PM
Go Mary! Eventers are TOUGH, I tell ya...kick on! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

free
Oct. 6, 2005, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone. I am writing to tell you yet again my mom seems to be improving ever so slightly again. Every day she seems to improve. It is hard to see her every day in the hospitial bed, but it is fine if she will return one day to the farm. Thank you very much for the support and prayers.

Andy

flbay
Oct. 6, 2005, 07:27 PM
Andy,

With brain bleeds, stability and time are your friend. Today's news is most certainly good!

Most people who have spent time in an ICU will tell you that having familiar voices is a real comfort. It can even help if you explain to her what is happening as nurses/techs/etc do various tasks. So, feel free to babble on while sitting with her. Later on, she will surprise you with what she she has heard and processed.

All my best wishes to her on her continued recovery and to you for being so strong in such a difficult time. She has reason to be proud of you in so many ways.

melissa

Carol Ames
Oct. 6, 2005, 07:55 PM
Agreed!Most people who have spent time in an ICU will tell you that having familiar voices is a real comfort. It can even help if you explain to her what is happening as nurses/techs/etc do various tasks. So, feel free to babble on while sitting with her. Later on, she will surprise you with what she she has heard and processed.Please tell her that my therapy group at Brain injuryservices is praying for her as welll, and, we all salute you, Andy!

Gunnar
Oct. 6, 2005, 08:29 PM
Jingling in the night for free...............

we are awaiting your return.

get thee free!

Fred
Oct. 7, 2005, 03:19 AM
woke up this morning thinking of free.. and hoping for continued improvement... jingling in the dark Ontario morning..

annikak
Oct. 7, 2005, 04:13 AM
Add jingles from the dark MI MOrning, too. Thinking about all of you- jingles for another positive day with forwards steps- even baby ones!

Jingles!!!

B Street Tango
Oct. 7, 2005, 05:14 AM
Thank you for the continued updates. I'm never met free, but she MUST be one strong woman to have come this far. Jingling for her continued recovery!

hrsjmpr
Oct. 7, 2005, 05:53 AM
Thoughts & prayers for you & your family, from someone who has been there done that (brain hemorrage surgery 3 yrs ago). It is a tough road but it sure seems like free has tons of great support.
Lots of Jingles!

Pol
Oct. 7, 2005, 06:04 AM
Sending very best wishes from Massachusetts, and a little story-
My sister, at age 63, had a cerebral hemmorage, out of the blue, during lunch one day. She was in a coma for over 3 months and is now 99.999% perfect. It took a l-o-n-g time and lots of PT, but good things come to those who wait.
Andy, we're all pulling for your Mum. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

can't re-
Oct. 7, 2005, 06:54 AM
Jingling and praying for Mary non-stop.

FairWeather
Oct. 7, 2005, 07:05 AM
Go mary Go! The world needs you back tout suite!

ZEBE
Oct. 7, 2005, 07:19 AM
I'll add my best wishes too!

canyonoak
Oct. 7, 2005, 07:47 AM
jingling and jingling and ever so grateful for the updates.

positive energy, sending it,sending it!

della
Oct. 7, 2005, 03:27 PM
Dear Andy-- I have chatted w/ your mom via email about a horse you eventually bought-- such a nice lady! I have been monitoring the thread and your mom as well as your family remain in my prayers.Keep talking to her and touch her as much as you can-- I'll bet you she'll remember one day. Thanks for keeping all of us updated--

jamr75
Oct. 7, 2005, 06:05 PM
Just checking in.... I have been thinking about you and your family. Keep positive and telling her stories. You know how much she loves to hear them.

Jen

Fred
Oct. 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
It is a beautiful autumnal Saturday afternoon here, our Thanksgiving weekend..
saying a little Thanksgiving prayer for free.
xo
Gail

free
Oct. 8, 2005, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone. I am sorry to damper your spirits today with some bad news. Swelling has set in around Mary's blood clot. We are hoping it will go down. Really that is own only option right now because the surgery is to dangerous. Her blood clot is about ear level and they would have to go from the top of her head to get to the blood clot if they preformed surgery. I hope to inform you with better news soon. Right now all we can do is wait.

Andy

flbay
Oct. 8, 2005, 02:41 PM
Andy, That isn't the best news...but it certainly is not the worst news either. Swelling happens frequently. Try to remain positive.

I am a BIG believer in the power of positive thought (prayer if you are a religious person). Sitting by her bed and holding her hand, face, arms or touching her in a nonclinical way while talking to her..always being absolutely sure that you are convinced she will get through this time..and that you are conveying those positive thoughts, either verbally or nonverbally...I think it makes a huge difference. There are so many ways of communicating and your mom needs to be aware that you are right there with her to help her fight. She needs all the strength she can get. ICU patients will tell you it can come from those around them. I know this both personally and professionally.

I am thinking positive thoughts for her, and you, all the time.

can't re-
Oct. 8, 2005, 03:40 PM
Andy,

I am praying the swelling is just a bump in the road that Mary will overcome.

I am sending all the prayers and jingles I can muster for your mom and you and your family.

-Barbara

Mariequi
Oct. 8, 2005, 04:07 PM
Andy, I hope they said that swelling is not that unusual. I agree that being positive and speaking positively with Mary is the best way to go. And I pray for your strength and comforting, Andy. Squeeze her hand and tell her she has much love and good energies aimed at her. Thanks for taking your precious time to report to us.

barbaraG
Oct. 8, 2005, 06:15 PM
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sigh.gif Andy,

Lots of Hugs and Prayers for your Mom and you!!

Fred
Oct. 8, 2005, 06:35 PM
dear Andy, I am sending you hugs, prayers, and the most positive healing thoughts..
love to free,
xxoo
Gail

Quinn
Oct. 8, 2005, 06:36 PM
Oh Andy, sending you all my warm wishes and prayers for your Mum. Stay strong and let her know you're there for her. She'll know.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

jamr75
Oct. 8, 2005, 08:05 PM
Stay positive and strong. I think those are the best words that I read from everyone. Hopefully it is just a bump in the road. Sending you lots of love and thoughts your way.

Jen

Carol Ames
Oct. 8, 2005, 08:29 PM
Andy, I hope they said that swelling is not that unusual. I agree that being positive and speaking positively with Mary is the best way to go. And I pray for your strength and comforting, Andy. Squeeze her hand and tell her she has much love and good energies aimed at her. Thanks for taking your precious time to report to us.WELL SAID, INDED http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gifIt isamazinghow much touch can heal, just lay one hand oh her head , and your other hand elsewhere on her body, and, tell herthatwe all remember her, and, you, too in our prayersI can't tell you how important positive thinking is, and, that while some parts/functions of her brain may be impaired others are not, accentuate those "others" 1

Carol Ames
Oct. 8, 2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by carol Ames:
Andy, I hope they said that swelling is not that unusual. I agree that being positive and speaking positively with Mary is the best way to go. And I pray for your strength and comforting, Andy. Squeeze her hand and tell her she has much love and good energies aimed at her. Thanks for taking your precious time to report to us.WELL SAID, INDEED http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gifIt isamazinghow much touch can heal, just lay one hand oh her head , and your other hand elsewhere on her body, and, tell herthatwe all remember her, and, you, too in our prayersI can't tell you how important positive thinking is, and, that while some parts/functions of her brain may be impaired others are not, accentuate those "others" 1

Fred
Oct. 9, 2005, 05:33 AM
checking in, and sending positive healing thoughts and prayers.
xo
Gail

Robby Johnson
Oct. 9, 2005, 05:58 AM
Any updates? Please know, Mary, how much you mean to us and how much we're rooting for you!

Robby

cyberbay
Oct. 9, 2005, 07:08 AM
Jingles to you and your mother.

BeastieSlave
Oct. 9, 2005, 08:20 AM
Just checking in.... I'm sorry to hear about the swelling. We all wanted NO bumps on the road to Mary's recovery! Maybe that was too much to hope for, but Andy, please don't be disheartened. We will keep jingling, you keep on talking and touching.

arnika
Oct. 9, 2005, 02:13 PM
I haven't been posting lately and hadn't seen this thread. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm adding my best jingles for you, free and hoping that your recovery goes more smoothly over the next few days. My brother-in-law fully recovered from a devastating hemmorhage with time and good care even though he was not supposed to, so don't give up hope. As was already said, swelling is quite common.

I'm also sending my best wishes for you, Andy and the rest of your family in this stressful time. I've talked to your mom many times on this board and have enjoyed her thoughtfulness with each conversation. I've often wished to meet her and have just missed it several times at various events. I'll make a special point to meet her at the next one she attends. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

Mariequi
Oct. 9, 2005, 02:35 PM
Andy, just a thought that Mary needs the extra time to rest. Can you play some fave music or read some fave passages? Hugs to you both!

Jazzy Lady
Oct. 9, 2005, 05:38 PM
Also adding my thanksgiving prayer in with Fred's. Keep thinking positively!

Jingles...

Elliesmom
Oct. 9, 2005, 06:22 PM
Still sending positive energy your way. Hoping this is just a part of the healing process.

Fred
Oct. 10, 2005, 04:51 AM
sending my heartfelt thoughts and wishes.
I would love to be able to send free a card and a little get-well gift.. is there an address we could use?
sending love and hope
xo
Gail

can't re-
Oct. 10, 2005, 05:23 AM
Andy,
When you have a chance could you post or PM an address, I too would love to be able to send a card.

Still jingling and praying.

-B

BeastieSlave
Oct. 10, 2005, 06:27 AM
Good idea! I'd like to send a card too.

barbaraG
Oct. 10, 2005, 08:31 AM
http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

Andy,

Still jingling here too!! Please keep us updated!!

Hugs and kisses too!!http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

annikak
Oct. 10, 2005, 01:59 PM
Here comes enormous jingles from MI- Oh- Mary- Keep Kicking! We MISS you!
And Andy- I know how hard this time is for you, and how tiring keeping up the vigil for your mom- take care of you, too. I know she would say the same! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Thanks thru out all of this keeping us posted....

persefne
Oct. 10, 2005, 02:13 PM
Just checking in here for an update. Andy, let us know something, when you can, and I second Annika's thanks (again and again) for keeping us informed. I'll be praying that there is good news to come...

Gunnar
Oct. 10, 2005, 02:44 PM
Andy, hope all is OK. Thanks for any and all updates.

Still sending jingles to your Mother.

Hang in there Mary!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 10, 2005, 02:53 PM
continuing the jingles....

JDufort
Oct. 10, 2005, 04:25 PM
Andy

we're going to be in Ocala Wed-Fri (for the OBS sale), and would love to drop by to see you and your Mom - if that is possible. You can PT me, or email me at jeanne at horseandhome.com.

BBowen
Oct. 10, 2005, 07:52 PM
Andy:

Hoping and praying that the swelling is just a small setback and that your mom will start showing progress again. We are all with her and you. Many prayers and jingles for your mom and your family. Thank you for keeping us posted. Your mom is so bless to have you.

Fred
Oct. 11, 2005, 04:57 AM
thinking of you on this rainy morning...

LAZ
Oct. 11, 2005, 12:42 PM
Any news, Andy?

can't re-
Oct. 11, 2005, 01:54 PM
My thoughts are with you free and family!

free
Oct. 12, 2005, 04:44 AM
Hello to all of Free's friends. This is her husband Joe. Thanks for all your prayers and jingles. Your support has been very important to us during this difficult time. Free is still in a coma but is resting more comfortably now that the tubes have been removed from her nose and mouth. If you want to send her a get well card, please use this address -- Free, 4912 NW 234th Street, NEWBERRY, FL 32669. Thanks again for all you're doing.

FairWeather
Oct. 12, 2005, 06:37 AM
Thinking about all of you,
Hugs to everybody.

BeastieSlave
Oct. 12, 2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the update Joe. You and Andy have been so good to keep us updated. Please take care of yourselves and tell Mary we're still jingling!

jamr75
Oct. 12, 2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks Joe for the update. I have been thinking about your guys. Keep your spirits up. Hugs to all...

Jen

BBowen
Oct. 12, 2005, 08:46 AM
Joe, Andy:

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on Free's condition. I know it is very hard for you, but all of us are concerned and keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers. It helps us to know how one of our own is progressing.

barbaraG
Oct. 12, 2005, 09:30 AM

Joe, Andy,

Lots of little kisses on the forehead to Free and you guys http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

My Mom's never-fail remedy to make Everything better!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

Gunnar
Oct. 12, 2005, 11:14 AM
Joe and Andy thanks for any and all info. hope you guys are survivng as best as you can.

to you free you are in my thoughts and I am sending those powerful jingles that you need. Come on Mary we miss you!

Fred
Oct. 12, 2005, 05:34 PM
Joe and Andy, thank you for continuing to think of us during this very difficult time. Sending free love and healing wishes.
xo
Gail

free
Oct. 12, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone. Thank you very much for your support and prayers. Mary is doing well and wil be moved out of the SICU tommorrow or the next day because she has been stable. She will be moved to a less intensive care unit up stairs at Shands. I hope she will open her eyes soon. It would be wonderful to be able to see her look at us and know that we are there for her. Thank you again.

Andy

Gunnar
Oct. 12, 2005, 05:52 PM
Andy, thanks and I am praying (and I do not really pray!) that she opens those peeps and smiles.

free, you keep fighting and open those eyes for Joe and Andy and all who love you!

Pocket Pony
Oct. 12, 2005, 06:15 PM
Sending more jingles to free and free's family!!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

jamr75
Oct. 12, 2005, 06:20 PM
Oh, that is wonderful news that they are going to move her. I'm sure that she knows that a lot of people are praying for her... thanks for the update.

Jen

annikak
Oct. 12, 2005, 06:49 PM
fantastic that she will be moved to a step-down! That is GOOD news!
Jingling for everyone down there- and praying for continued improvement.... http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif and echo all others....thanks for the updates- I know you are busy, but you are on my mind and the thread that i am checking numerous times each day. I am waiting for her to open her eyes and smile at you all....

barbaraG
Oct. 12, 2005, 07:02 PM

More little kisses on the forehead for Everyone!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif Before I go to Bed!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sleepy.gif

G'night. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/sleepy.gif

GWV

Carol Ames
Oct. 12, 2005, 08:14 PM
Andy,mthanks good news! I'm sure she knows you are there , but, I dounderstand the sentiment.Prayers, andjingles are ongoing! Blessings toyou all.

eks
Oct. 12, 2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks Andy for the latest update. I am continuing to pray for all of you..I am positive she knows you are there with her even if she can't open her eyes.

flbay
Oct. 12, 2005, 08:56 PM
What great news!! Hurrah! She should enjoy the step down unit..it has less hustle and bustle than the ICU. Sending you and Joe strength Andy. Thanks for updating us. Checking and jingling every dayhttp://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BBowen
Oct. 12, 2005, 09:03 PM
Andy:

That is great news that she is stable and will be moved. Hoping that she opens her eyes to see that you are there. She knows you are with her even if her eyes are not open. Hugs, prayers and jingles for continued improvement.

Fred
Oct. 13, 2005, 03:17 AM
dear Andy,that is great news. I too am sure that she knows you are there and how much you love her. I am sure your strength and love is giving her strength too.

gillenwaterfarm
Oct. 13, 2005, 04:59 AM
Andy this is great news!

Jingles and prayers from Alabama.

BeastieSlave
Oct. 13, 2005, 06:54 AM
That is good news! We'll keep jingling for more good news and hopefully she'll have her eyes open soon.

FairWeather
Oct. 13, 2005, 11:21 AM
use she has been stable. She will be moved to a less intensive care unit up stairs at Shands. I hope she will open her eyes soon. It would be wonderful to be able to see her look at us and know that we are there for her. Thank you again.

good news!

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Oct. 13, 2005, 11:33 AM
what great news, thanks for the update

persefne
Oct. 13, 2005, 11:41 AM
Good news! It's great to hear of her positive improvement. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

Mariequi
Oct. 13, 2005, 01:08 PM
Keep squeezing Mary's hand for us too! I hope the swelling's going down and she's resting for the time she opens her eyes to see your loving faces.

Fred
Oct. 14, 2005, 05:05 AM
just checking in, please give Mary's hand a gentle squeeze from me too..

can't re-
Oct. 14, 2005, 05:58 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers free and family.

Thank you for the continued updates and for posting an address.

ESG
Oct. 14, 2005, 06:38 AM
More jingles from Texas. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BeastieSlave
Oct. 14, 2005, 06:53 AM
Still jingling! I hope Mary has moved and is all settled into her new room.

LAZ
Oct. 14, 2005, 07:43 PM
Checking in to see how the move to the new room went.

Mary, the person that bought the cute bay mare (Whynotthistrina) was able to get a charitable donation for CANTER from her employer in the amount of $5000. I know this will cheer you so thought I'd write it so Andy or Joe can read it to you. Hope you're able to walk the backside of the track with me again next year!

Lee Ann

free
Oct. 14, 2005, 09:59 PM
Mary (free) was moved Friday afternoon to the intermediate care unit at Shands Hosipital.
She is still stable but not responding to voice
commands. She looks better and has good color.
Special note to LAZ (Lee Ann): If she is up to it next year, I promise you Mary will be there to walk the backup of the track with you again.
I am so glad she made that trip this year!

Joe

can't re-
Oct. 15, 2005, 05:18 AM
Thanks so much for the update.

That's great Mary is looking better.

jamr75
Oct. 15, 2005, 06:09 AM
I'm glad the move went fine. I like hearing the updates on how she is doing. Still thinking of her and your family. Stay positive!

Jen

barbaraG
Oct. 15, 2005, 07:23 AM

Sending a ton of little kisses on the forehead to Free and her family!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/yes.gif

maxxtrot
Oct. 16, 2005, 06:57 AM
mary, the sale at obs went very well this year, we missed you there. the duforts and i (stacey) were there and they bought several nice horses. hope you will be up for the next one in january, if not then there will be more. get better soon. andy thanks so much for keeping us updated on her condition. hugs to you and your dad and the rest of the family.

BeastieSlave
Oct. 16, 2005, 05:08 PM
I'm glad the move went well. I hope you (Joe & Andy) are keeping your spirits up. Strokes are so cruel and progress can seem so slow.

Thank you so much for continuing to check in with us and please tell Mary we're still jingling and thinking of her every day!

Carol Ames
Oct. 16, 2005, 07:46 PM
Great news, just keep moving roms, free, util you r out, and, back home, still jingling!