PDA

View Full Version : Need hillbilly/westerny sounding music...

Mr.GMan
Aug. 18, 2011, 03:12 PM
I think we have found our music for our pas de deux. They are kind of westerny, found them on Mike's site....one's a walk/other is a canter, but there are parts we can trot to. The Rebel Rouser music isn't exactly surf guitar sounding, but the walk music is more "hillbilly" sounding. I need another piece of western/hillbilly sound to see how we might be able to fit that in if needed. Any ideas? Thanks!

The Golden Snitch
Aug. 18, 2011, 10:33 PM
There's a local band called the wiggle wagons, love them, that might work for you!!!

cadance
Aug. 18, 2011, 11:34 PM
the Beverly Hillbillies theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_XAPku7SgE

Kris26
Aug. 18, 2011, 11:53 PM
So I'm just thinking, Mumford & Sons isn't hillbilly, its irish folksy, but they have some great cadence to their songs and it automatically popped into my head as a more elegant version of "hillbilly". The Cave and Thistle and Weeds I think have some parts to use..
Hope you find something!

HuntJumpSC
Aug. 19, 2011, 01:14 AM
I'm a huge bluegrass fan, and as a young child, my father was very good friends with Earl Scruggs (banjo picker of the Beverly Hillbillies theme). He did a lot of custom banjo work for Earl. If you do a youtube search under Earl Scruggs, you should be able to find a wealth of music that should work for you!

wehrlegirl
Aug. 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
boondocks by little big town.

mildot
Aug. 19, 2011, 04:58 AM
Search Garry Owen on youtube

LookmaNohands
Aug. 19, 2011, 07:00 AM
The theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."

Interesting with the right horse or horses.

Mr.GMan
Aug. 19, 2011, 07:27 AM
I'm a huge bluegrass fan, and as a young child, my father was very good friends with Earl Scruggs (banjo picker of the Beverly Hillbillies theme). He did a lot of custom banjo work for Earl. If you do a youtube search under Earl Scruggs, you should be able to find a wealth of music that should work for you!

Ooohhh! Forgot about the bluegrass sounds. I can't remember if it was Earl Scruggs or Lester Flatts on I Love Lucy, but your post made me think of the episode where he came to the big city and Lucy got "vamped up":lol:. I will have to check out the bluegrass sections now. thanks!

Mr.GMan
Aug. 19, 2011, 07:28 AM
The theme from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."

Interesting with the right horse or horses.

I listened to this--not good fit for us. Thanks though :-). Keep em' coming ya'll!

seabreeze
Aug. 19, 2011, 07:29 AM
"Thank God I'm a Country Boy"
"Dueling Banjos"

up-at-5
Aug. 19, 2011, 07:32 AM
Winona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

Eggplant_Dressing
Aug. 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
'Honkey Tonking', and 'Hey Good Looking' are both upbeat, familiar pieces for trot and maybe some canter. Both are popular dance pieces at CW bars so would be cute for a Pas De Duex.

Sandy M
Aug. 19, 2011, 10:40 AM
Something from Ry Cooder's soundtrack for "The Long Riders?" Bluegrass. I'd LOVE to do a freestyle to that, just haven't gotten around to it.