PDA

View Full Version : House For Rent: Damascus, MD, on the farm!

caffeinated
Aug. 18, 2011, 01:19 PM
Live the country life! (with or without a horse!)

The fantastic, fantastic house-on-the-farm I am living in is coming up for rent, and I just know some lucky COTH'er would love it!

The House:

4 bedrooms, 1 bath The original part of the house has 3 bedrooms, all with hardwood floors, and there is an addition with a large living-room space and upstairs bedroom (or make the entire space a HUGE bedroom!)

Large eat-in kitchen, all appliances included (likely including the microwave and toaster oven which I have no need to bring with me).

Staying with the house also are couch and loveseat, additional couch, kitchen table/chairs, large piano, and possible an older Samsung high definition television and DVD player. Also one twin bed, and one full-sized bed.

House is fully wired for FiOS, so setting up cable and internet is easy-peasy.

The house is available October 1, for $1200 month (have your own cozy nest in the country, or split with horsey friends!). No dogs.

The Farm:

The house is situated on a large boarding farm in Damascus, MD. If you want to bring your horse too, board is $580/month.

Barn amenities:

two large barns, one converted bank/dairy barn, one newer construction
three rings: one small sand arena, one large jumping arena, and indoor with sprinkler system
Miles and miles of trails
two wash stalls
two tack rooms, with space/stands available for all boarders, or tack lockers
trailer parking
barn health program for vaccines/worming
daily group turnout (individual or small-space turnout available as well, talk to barn owner!)Southwind is open to riders of all disciplines, though currently the majority are eventers :) If you'd like lessons, you have plenty of choices! The property owner is a fantastic horsewoman, and there are a number of area trainers who come to give lessons on a regular basis (eventing, h/j, and dressage trainers). Feel free to bring your own vet/farrier as well, or use one of several who frequent the farm.

This is a really special place to live and ride - the boarders and community are wonderful and I'm popping this ad on here so someone else can have the amazing experience of being here. It is a very social atmosphere, with great people, and has been the best place I ever could have imagined living and keeping my horse. If you're looking for somewhere quiet, where you're in the country but surrounded by great people, and where the sunsets are spectacular EVERY night, look no further!

Other Stuff:

House and Farm are located two miles west of Rt. 27 on Bethesda Church Road. Farm is convenient to I-270 and I-70 (10 minutes to I-70). Be in downtown Baltimore in 45-50 minutes (I work at Social Security, commute is 35 minutes), or hop down 27 to Germantown (or onto 270 for Gaithersburg and Rockville). I've never tried to get into DC during peak commute hours, so unfortunately can't speak to that!

Damascus is a quiet town, but you are conveniently only a few miles from several grocery stores, coffee shops, and places to eat, and only about 10-15 minutes from Mt. Airy.

Feel free to contact me via PM or email at kelly.utter@gmail.com