View Full Version : Best online place to buy Easyboot cables?

Aug. 17, 2011, 11:56 AM
Hi all... I'm trying to order a new cable for one of my Easyboots that broke, but all the online retailers I've found want to charge me a ton for shipping. I can't bring myself to spend $7.99 (Horseloverz) to $10.99 (Easyboot.com) for shipping on a tiny, $3 item that could fit in a regular envelope and be shipped for 45 cents. :no: Anyone know where I can order one that won't charge me an arm and a leg to ship it?

Aug. 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
I have about ten sets of new easyboot cables. PM me your address and I will send you some.

sign of Grace
Aug. 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
Take your broken one to Home Depot or Lowe's. They have the same exact wire. Just show them the broken one for length and they can cut the same gauge and length for you.

I used to ride in Epics and broke the cables and lost screws continually. This is what I did --bought tons of spare cables and screws for probably 1/10th of the price. And then promptly switched to the hardware free Glove lol

Aug. 17, 2011, 08:05 PM
Those are great tips!!
Even though I use my Easyboots sparingly (a dozen times a year), I've already had to replace the fraying cables once, and they are on the way out again...
So thanks for the Home Depot tip :)

Aug. 18, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks! I am actually going to put shoes on my guy in a couple of weeks--he's been barefoot for 5 years, if it was going to work for him it would be working by now. But I still want to fix this darn cable so I can have the boots as a backup. Didgery, thanks so much for the offer! I will PM you...

Aug. 20, 2011, 05:03 PM
I second the hardware store tip. I found cable just a smidge thicker that still worked with the boots. No more broken frayed cables! Be sure to look for the little clamp end pieces as well. You can crimp them down with a pair of pliers.