PDA

View Full Version : Tuff Rider Comfort Waist Low Rise Full Seat Breeches

autumn50
Aug. 16, 2011, 10:48 PM
Does anyone out there own a pair of these (or other Tuff Rider fullseats, even)? I'm wondering if there is cloth against your skin wear the full seat panel is, (like Tropical Riders)...or is it just the back of the Suede (like Kerrits and Irideons and most others).

GallantGesture
Aug. 16, 2011, 11:14 PM
I have Tuff Rider ribbed full seat breeches, and the part of the fullseat against my skin is just the back of the fake suede stuff. Unlike the Irideons I have, the material on the Tuff Riders has pilled through wearing/washing and now rubs my skin a little. I still like the breeches, they are very lightweight and stretchy without being too revealing but now I mostly just wear the Irideons in the hot weather.

For cooler weather, I love the Ovation Euroweave breeches. The full seat on those is lined with a soft, wicking type of fabric that is very comfortable against my skin. They are too heavy for hot/humid weather though.

CatPS
Aug. 17, 2011, 01:38 PM
I don't like the TuffRider full seat breeches because the leather in the seat doesn't come far enough around my leg. I tried a pair and found that the seam between the full seat part and the ribbed material ran along the part of my inner thigh that is in contact with the saddle. It made for a really weird riding experience in which my thigh would get really slippery for a moment if I rotated my leg forward at all. Felt like I needed to ride with my toes sticking waaaay out to keep the full seat in contact with the saddle.

And no, there is no fabric lining on the inside of the full seat panel.

Tiffani B
Aug. 17, 2011, 01:57 PM
I will second the point about the Tuff Rider "suede" pilling. Not good. :no:

Petstorejunkie
Aug. 17, 2011, 03:24 PM
for the same price point, i prefer kerrits full seats.
both my competition breeches are tuff riders and I don't like them. The rest of their breeches (the knee patch) are well worth the small amount they cost