PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a brown dressage saddle? CL find....

asb_own_me
Aug. 16, 2011, 01:55 PM
Not my saddle - found while browsing CL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/grd/2518590042.html

If for some reason the link doesn't work, search for a brown Passier Hanover, 17" seat on the Minneapolis Craigslist. It seems to be in pretty nice condition, and the seller is asking $350 OBO.

Thought I would share as it's not my size, and I know brown dressage saddles can be hard to find :)

Brigit
Aug. 22, 2011, 03:06 PM
Oooooh it's so pretty!!!

*I do not need another saddle*I do not need another saddle*I do not need another saddle* LOL

Sandy M
Aug. 22, 2011, 05:23 PM
While I do not require a super-soft seat, I remember my old Passier general purpose saddle as being pretty comfortable. However, when I was trying out used saddles, I tried out several Passier dressage models (used) and each and every one was hard as a ROCK. Uncomfortably so even on my (then) horse, who was quite smooth-gaited. (TB/App cross) I ended up with a Smith-Worthington (brown). I do find that if one WANTS a brown dressage saddle, the choices seem to be limited: Custom ($$$$$), Neidersuss, or Passier Grand Gilbert or, I think now it's just "GG." At least, those are the only ones I've found available in brown, and now S-W advertises all of theirs in black, though I think that brown MIGHT be available.

If I need a "new" to me used brown dressage saddle, I guess I'll have to go looking for another S-W, or perhaps a Neidersuss. LOL