PDA

View Full Version : Steffen Peters featured clinician: Ride OR Audit

Touchstone Farm
Aug. 12, 2011, 11:58 PM
Steffen Peters and Janet Foy present “Dressage Through the Levels.” The two-day symposium, Nov. 19-20, features riders and their horses at every level. Steffen and Janet will provide the rider, trainer and judge's perspective. The symposium, sponsored by the Wisconsin Dressage & CTA (WDCTA), will be at Sunflower Farms (near Milwaukee, WI and north of Chicago). For the auditor and rider application forms, visit http://www.wdcta.org/ or call 608-835-8549.

ideayoda
Aug. 13, 2011, 09:05 AM
Audit, because riders are really more guinea pigs for test riders and SP will not (unfortunately) have the degree of input you would like to have as a rider.

easyrider
Aug. 13, 2011, 11:56 AM
Although what ideayoda says was certainly true years ago, I don't believe it is still true, as evidenced by last year's NEDA fall symposium.

Bogey2
Aug. 13, 2011, 12:20 PM
I agree easyrider, I think the riders at the NEDA Symposium would tell you they got a lot out of it!

Mardi
Aug. 14, 2011, 12:27 AM
Um, I don't think the Op was asking a question. The post seems to be an announcement/advertisement for the event, and the thread title is simply announcing that you can ride OR audit. Perhaps it should be posted on the Events forum, so there's no misunderstanding.

Apologies in advance if I'm mistaken.

Touchstone Farm
Sep. 1, 2011, 11:22 PM
No, I wasn't asking a question. Just posting the announcement. I'd like to post in the events section, but am not a premium member. (And being a 20-year subscriber to the mag, kind of annoyed that I have to pay more! Oh, well!)

Anyway, while the riders will certainly be demonstrating movements, etc., they also will get a LOT out of it because Steffen will work with riders on some issues AND in some cases, has been known to get on an auditor's horse. I would LOVE to have Steffen on MY horse, no doubt about it.

So easyrider is right; ideayoda is farther away from being right. :-)

And we have some great gift bags for the riders, thanks to our fabulous sponsors. Most likely worth more than the $100 for WDCTA members and $150 for non-members (not including stabling) rider fee for BOTh days.

Either way, join us at our (Wisconsin Dressage & CTA) symposium. We've got a trade fair and more. Sure to be an educational and FUN event! Any questions, send me a private message or check out the www.wdcta.org website for contact names.

Swing
Sep. 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
Oh wow....what I wouldnt give to be a rider at this!:)

Friesianfan
Sep. 3, 2011, 02:15 AM
I attended this symposium last year in my area (It was Janet and Debbie McDonald) and found it very valuable. Great comments on the new tests from Janet and Debbie worked with each rider on an element from the new tests. For the FEI level riders, she worked with them on various elements (as these tests weren't new), typically piaffe or passage. Loved watching such a tiny lady running with huge horses with her bamboo poles!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Sep. 3, 2011, 02:26 AM
Oh wow....what I wouldnt give to be a rider at this!:)

Yes, me too, the harder the better, I am fine with being a guinea pig.

Touchstone Farm
Sep. 10, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yes, me too, the harder the better, I am fine with being a guinea pig.

I agree! And if Steffen actually got ON my horse? Well, I'd pray that magic would stay in the saddle when I got back on. :-)

Bugs-n-Frodo
Sep. 11, 2011, 12:13 AM
I agree! And if Steffen actually got ON my horse? Well, I'd pray that magic would stay in the saddle when I got back on. :-)

Magic! Yes! :yes: That is definitely what it is! :lol:

Touchstone Farm
Sep. 28, 2011, 12:25 PM
Just want to announce that The Chronicle of the Horse has signed on as one of our major sponsors for the symposium. THANK YOU to the Chronicle. Without the support of sponsors, many of these educational events put on by GMOs would be a lot riskier, if not impossible.

Riders are being selected this weekend by Janet Foy.

Go to wdcta.org for auditor forms. Hope to see you there! And thanks again to the Chronicle!!!!!!!!!

mjhco
Sep. 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
I encourage anyone who can attend this event either as an auditor or rider.

Steffen and Janet together create such a WONDERFUL learning environment for EVERYONE.

amm2cd
Sep. 28, 2011, 12:41 PM
Just sent in my rider application! But If they don't need me I'll audit anyway.

I think SP might look a touch silly on my GRP if he got on her... Not that I would mind!

Touchstone Farm
Sep. 28, 2011, 11:47 PM
amm2cd -- You never know. When we had Steffen here a few years ago, he DID get on a German Riding Pony....under one condition. That we take a picture of him on the little stallion. A fun moment!

Pely
Sep. 29, 2011, 07:57 PM
My application is in, and I've got my fingers, toes, arms and everything else crossed. :)

Touchstone Farm
Sep. 30, 2011, 12:00 AM
I heard from the organizing chair that 60+ rider applications have been submitted. (Deadline is this Saturday.) Well, the good news is: That's great for the symposium because that means the riders should be really good to watch and learn from. But it's bad news for those of us who have submitted apps! :-)

bhebert19
Oct. 2, 2011, 10:06 PM
Riders are being selected this weekend by Janet Foy.

Are they going to post the selected riders somewhere?? Thanks!!

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 7, 2011, 05:54 PM
Yes, it will be on the WDCTA website and in its newsletter in the next week or so. They are in the process of contacting those who were selected, and those who weren't. More than 100 applications were sent in!

From what I heard, there were some tough decisions to make with such good applications. But...what Janet also explained is that she tried to go through and pick a wide variety of breeds, a mix of amateurs and professionals, and -- which will be great for learning -- at each level, horses were selected to demonstrate just beginning that particular level, some that are proficient at that level, and others that are ready to move on to the next level. So it may be that some rider/horses were chosen because they are NOT necessarily the perfect example of a first, third or fourth level horse, etc., but rather examples in which there is something that with Janet and Steffen's help can be resolved or improved at the symposium.

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 10, 2011, 09:51 PM
Riders and the weekend schedule are posted on the WDCTA website:

http://www.wdcta.org/index.php/calendarevents/1-through-the-levels-symposium

Hope you can join us!

Bogey2
Oct. 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
sorry to miss it, have a great time!

Touchstone Farm
Oct. 24, 2011, 11:50 PM
More sponsors and advertisers are coming on board. The support has been incredible. Besides COTH, we have Purina, Wisconsin Horse council, Rein-Aid, Dover, Custom Saddlery, Schleese Saddlery, Fiebing, Crown Jewel Designs, LubriSyn, Straight Arrow Products, etc. Suffice it to say, there will be a lot of shopping either at the trade fair or the silent auction. And, there will be drawings that the auditors are eligible for, including a drawing for two autographed copies of Janet Foy's new book, coming out spring 2012, called "Dressage for the (Not So) Perfect Horse."

So register before 11/11/11 to get the early bird discount. (www.wdcta.org)