PDA

View Full Version : I'm selling the Aussie

paulaedwina
Aug. 12, 2011, 05:13 PM
I finally had the opportunity to try the Australian saddle I bought (no horn). It's a comfortable seat, but I don't like that much saddle between me and the horse. That's my bias from riding English I guess. Granted I put it on him with the synthetic sheepskin pad, but how do you use your leg in that kind of gear?

I think I'm going to sell it.

Paula

rainechyldes
Aug. 12, 2011, 05:35 PM
Ill admit, I rode endurance in an aussie for years, while it was comfortable, I always felt tipped forward, and HIGH! off the horses but I guess I got used to it, fit me, fit my horses, (I have 4 aussies) lol

Some time this past spring, I guess I was too lazy to go grab an aussie and tossed my cc saddle on one of the horses and did a conditioning ride.

My aussies are uhm..now gathering dust.

I've revamped several of my older english saddles, couple extra D rings, endurance stirrups and gone english. Much better on the old body. (mine that is)

wylde sage
Aug. 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
I've wound up selling every Aussie I've ever had, including a Syd Hill. Just can't get comfortable in them. Good luck selling yours.

Lisa Preston
Aug. 12, 2011, 10:20 PM
Just sold our Aus. Leather, horn. Buckles on stirrup adjustment hit my legs wrong. Love the poleys on a stinker horse downhil gnarly trail. That is all. I use an old Wintec endurance sport, webbers, full sheepskin and broad enduro basket stirrups.

paulaedwina
Aug. 12, 2011, 10:47 PM
That's the thing; the seat is very comfortable -wide, sculpted, etc., but I'm just not used to all that material between me and the horse. I know it's supposed to make you feel more secure, but my brain kept asking "what to do with your legs? How do I make him go?"

ETA I just went looking at Wintecs since I do like the dressage saddle (had to eat my words on plastic saddles) and saw this http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/English_Saddles/WS7801?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=amazon%2Bdata%2Bfeed

I don't especially like suede seats, but otherwise it looks to be closer contact than the Aussie.

I'll stick with my dressage saddle for now.

Paula

katyb
Aug. 13, 2011, 09:55 AM
I thought you meant your dog, and I was so surprised that anyone could part with australian shepherd. The saddle? I get that.

paulaedwina
Aug. 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
:lol::lol::lol: I've posted to Craig's list and a local newspaper. We'll see how fast it moves.

Paula

paulaedwina
Aug. 13, 2011, 04:12 PM
Sold that quick. I posted it this morning and it was sold by 1 pm.

Paula

oldpony66
Aug. 13, 2011, 05:24 PM
Sold that quick. I posted it this morning and it was sold by 1 pm.

Paula

Wow! Good for you! Sometimes CL is awesome :)