PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello.. I am new here :)

idlewilde farm
Aug. 11, 2011, 12:34 AM
Hello all you COTH dressage forum people :) I am a new convert to dressage from jumper land.. though I still teach and train jumpers. I found myself lucky enough to have the opportunity to ride with Joan Bolton and Heather Blitz and found myself IN LOVE with the sport of dressage. I am now seeking a "older schoolmaster" type to add to the barn along with my super Holsteiner 5yo who will continue to jump along with his dressage education. SO that is a little about me and HI :winkgrin::D

HFSH
Aug. 11, 2011, 09:32 AM
Welcome! and welcome to the dark side! :yes: ;) :lol: :winkgrin:

2tempe
Aug. 11, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hey, welcome.....I gave up hunterland some years ago for dressage and have to say that I'm addicted.

What are the parameters on your schoolmaster horse? (ie size, level of training, maybe a price range) I may know of one...

idlewilde farm
Aug. 12, 2011, 03:39 AM
i am pretty addicted!! i have a wonderful coach who is patiently helping me relearn everything! must say dressage clinics....way more positive an experience. as far as horse needs, I am looking for a unicorn.. an upper level horse who is OLDER ( older teens or 20) who needs a permeant home, from someone who understands that i am a hunter trainer and don't actually make enough to purchase a 50k horse. or possibly an expenses lease, but something i could show, and learn the ropes on a bit.. size, maintenance issues are unimportant.. they will be taken care of because my ponies always come first!!!!! THANKS for the warm welcome!!! dressage folks have a bad rap and i don't understand why.. all of the ones i know rock!!!

SillyHorse
Aug. 12, 2011, 08:39 AM
We DO rock, in a DQ kind of way. :lol: Welcome to dressageland!

Kaluna
Aug. 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
Hi!

Welcome!

K.

pryme_thyme
Aug. 16, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hello!
I am amazed by the number of people who are trodding their way over to dressage from hunters.

I thought I was the only one!

Welcome!

EasyStreet
Aug. 16, 2011, 05:07 PM
Welcome..I have just recently got a horse that is retired from the hunters and is starting dressage with me!!.....Enjoy your journey!!;)