PDA

View Full Version : Show this weekend

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 10, 2011, 08:41 PM
I am very excited for my show this weekend! (Third level)
I will be riding in front of Tracey Lert "S" ( I have not ridden in front of her before)

What is that judge like? I know all judging should be as objective as possible, but everyone has their opinions, even judges- They are not computers.
Thanks,
DDQ

atr
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:29 PM
Tracey Lert is a good judge. She did one of the sections of the L program here last year and was very good. I think you will find her fair and objective. I've ridden in front of her a couple of times and have been satisfied that she judged me appropriately, and I ride a very non-traditional horse!

I get to ride in front of Janet Foy and Debbie Rodriguez this weekend... Gulp.

enthusiasm_exceeds_ability
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:48 PM
Green eyed monster here. Nothing to add, just good luck to you both! I'm flat out this week and all weekend, so my boy is going to have a weekend off - lucky him!

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 11, 2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks! If I get pics/video Ill be sure to post

dwblover
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:11 AM
Good luck! Have a great time!!

NorCalDressage
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:21 AM
I love her as a judge! She has a lot of biomechanics knowledge and has a really good eye. She definitely doesn't give scores away - but you should get a lot of good feedback.

Good luck!

netg
Aug. 11, 2011, 03:56 PM
I love her as a judge! She has a lot of biomechanics knowledge and has a really good eye. She definitely doesn't give scores away - but you should get a lot of good feedback.

Good luck!

Which one?

I love the comments both have to give, so would be happy to show in front of them regardless of which the above comment referenced. :)

atr
Aug. 11, 2011, 04:59 PM
I think NCD means Tracey Lert.

netg
Aug. 11, 2011, 05:27 PM
I think NCD means Tracey Lert.

Thanks. I originally read this thread at 4am. That's what I get for reading while tired. :lol:

NorCalDressage
Aug. 11, 2011, 07:10 PM
LOL, yep I was referencing Tracey Lert.

Petstorejunkie
Aug. 11, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'll give you a piece of advice my first dressage coach gave me. Ride to correct, not to the judge's taste and you'll always win where it counts.

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 12, 2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks Petstorejunkie.

Just wondering if anyone else is going to the same show ( summer sizzler 2 in canterbury)

rprincess73
Aug. 12, 2011, 10:10 PM
I won't make it out there tomorrow...but should make it Sunday:)

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 13, 2011, 06:22 AM
Im on my way there! Very excited!!!

rprincess73
Aug. 13, 2011, 08:39 AM
Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you ride tomorrow!

MysticOakRanch
Aug. 13, 2011, 09:10 AM
Ditto NorCal's comments - Tracey has an incredible eye and a great knowledge of biomechanics! She's from NorCal and use to judge here a lot, but so many people are clinicing with her now that it makes it harder for her to judge (p.s. she's a talented teacher and clinician).

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 13, 2011, 08:22 PM
Had two good rides today! It was my first show on the horse. We got a second place with 60% in third test 2 and got a 63% in third test 3Q. I played it save to get the 60% for my qualifying test. I scratched my ride for tomorrow since it was nearly 45 degrees Celsius. And I already have my qualifying score. ( I had originally signed up for third test 3Q again in case I wouldn't get the 60% minimum) my next show will be in Venice at Fox Lea Farm. Can anyone tell me what the fox lea showgrounds are like? I've never been to those showgrounds before. Also I was a firm believer of wearing coats no matter how hot. Today I wore my coat for my first test but did not for my second one, it was just too darn hot. Ill be playing it safe to get my next qualifying score. Then at the GAIG Championship I will give it all and ride just on edge.

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 16, 2011, 02:06 PM
I've posted a few pictures on me website, so if you want to see them just click on >>>Jeanine Biemond<<< in my signature

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
My next show will be at fox lea farm in venice, fl. What are the show grounds like? how's the footing? I have not showed there before.

DutchDressageQueen
Aug. 19, 2011, 04:48 PM
anyone?