PDA

View Full Version : MDC Ultimate Stirrups

esdressage
Aug. 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
These look nice, but I'm curious if they're worth $200 for a pair of stirrups. Does anybody here use them, and if so, are they worth it?

arabiansrock
Aug. 10, 2011, 04:40 PM
Yes, if you have knee/ankle pain, def yes. I have them on two saddles
\

carolprudm
Aug. 10, 2011, 04:46 PM
Yup. If I forget to turn then I really feel my bad ankle

esdressage
Aug. 10, 2011, 04:48 PM
Thank you! Just getting a little affirmation before dropping the dollars. Cothers are always so quick and helpful :)

Pony Fixer
Aug. 10, 2011, 05:05 PM
I have 2 pair as well. Love them.

Ponyclubrocks
Aug. 10, 2011, 05:11 PM
I have 2 pair as well. Love them.

Ditto

trainingtree
Aug. 10, 2011, 06:28 PM
Can get factory seconds directly from MDC corp, call them. Less than half the price.

elleng0728
Aug. 10, 2011, 06:56 PM
I have them also and love them

Knothead
Aug. 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
Have them, love them, but I have the unhinged kind. THe only drawback is that you have to turn them back to traditional angle to draw them up. But, really, that's not a drawback. I bought mine during one of the VTO 20% off sales.

mtngirl
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:59 PM
Like trainingtree said: when he has them, seconds are much cheaper and usually you can't see much if anything that appears to be wrong. Customer service is great too!

Have two pair. Love em. Definitely helps with the bad ankles and being able to adjust the angles has helped me with leg position and not losing the stirrup. Be forewarned though, they are a heavy stirrup, not light weight at all. But that's something I like!

booboo
Aug. 11, 2011, 12:37 AM
I have found they have really helped with my hip pain, as well as knee pain.

Sucks to get old! LOL

Gloria
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:49 AM
Another one that love them here:D. I don't have ankle/knee/hip pains but darn, I love it when I can easily fish them up when I inadvertently lose one... I can never turn my toe in enough to stick my foot through a traditional angled stirrup. Love the heaviness too. They seem more stable to me.

roo 2
Aug. 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
I love them, too, but not everyone does. Even the owner of the company told me that people either love them or hate them - there does not seem to be an in between. If you have a way to try them out before you buy, do so.

Velvet
Aug. 11, 2011, 07:20 PM
Love them!

shadowanne
Aug. 12, 2011, 02:45 PM
I love them, have a silver and black pair. Would not buy black again as I have a chip in the black (silver underneath) and when I rub the rails with my stirrup (it happens!) I have white paint on the black. UGLY. I use them on both my dressage and jump saddles.

buck22
Aug. 12, 2011, 02:50 PM
I liked mine at first, but then sold them on. I loved the adjustable eye, that really helped ankle and knee pain quite a bit, but I found the hinges to be too jiggly for my taste. I also had 5" size. My friend who wears a size 5 boot had 4.25" size and her's were MUCH less jiggly, almost stiff actually. I suspect had I had 4.75" I would have been happier.

pharmgirl
Aug. 12, 2011, 03:16 PM
Also love them! I have a pair on each saddle now. To ease the pain on my wallet, I bought them when VTO had their big sales.

Across Sicily
Aug. 12, 2011, 03:17 PM
Dropping in from jumper land here! I love my MDCs. Definitely noticed a difference in my knees, hips and ankles when I switched from traditional fillis irons to these about a year ago. I also LOVE that they are heavy... I hate the lightweight irons.

tryintogethere
Aug. 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
I have the traditional ones without the hinge....LOVE them, when I rode in my friends saddle for a few days, my knees were killing me, one ride with my stirrups and no more pain!

TouchstoneAcres
Aug. 14, 2011, 10:02 PM
Love them! They are especially good for very wide round horses--easy to get your feet in.

LTLFLDF
Aug. 31, 2011, 09:26 PM
MDC offers a test ride - aka if you buy a pair and don't like them return them in like new condition and get your money back.