PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Trainers/Instructors in South Jersey

Callaway
Aug. 10, 2011, 12:17 PM
Anyone know of any? My friend is looking and she lives in Mullica Hill.

meupatdoes
Aug. 10, 2011, 12:27 PM
Anyone know of any? My friend is looking and she lives in Mullica Hill.

This may not be south enough for her but David Guy at Winchester Farm in Flemington is excellent.

echodecker
Aug. 10, 2011, 01:53 PM
Lisa Lewis-Greene is at Three Charm Farm in Southampton, she is fantastic! I can't recommend her enough!

AWorkinProgress
Aug. 10, 2011, 03:18 PM
Gabriel Armando gives lessons twice a week at a farm in Pilesgrove. That's not too far from Mullica Hill.

If she's looking for something a little more low-key, there are actually several good instructors down here. Try posting here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/facebookcom/6005697471#!/groups/194510380573860/

Knothead
Aug. 11, 2011, 03:05 PM
I board in Mullica Hill and Lisa Lewis-Greene comes regularly for lessons (she's mentioned above). I also cannot recommend her highly enough. I also trailer up to her as necessary. You can send me a PM for more information or contact for Lisa.

Wolf
Aug. 13, 2011, 08:01 PM
www.transitionsfarm.com

Maude
Aug. 14, 2011, 08:19 AM
I don't know her personally, but Lisa Lewis-Greene has an excellent reputation.

trainingtree
Aug. 14, 2011, 08:30 AM
I second Lisa Lewis. Her experience and credentials are the real thing.

I don't know the person who is the trainer in the above link, but just what I see on the web site are things that turn me off. A top hat riding lower levels in a schooling show? Really? Some photos do not show a correct position.

kyharz
Aug. 15, 2011, 09:14 AM
I ride with Debbie Morrison in Elmer, which is like 15 min South of Mullica Hill. I love riding with her and have learned so much from her in the past year. She has really changed the effectiveness of my riding and helped me become a better overall rider, not just a better dressage rider.

I've dealt with a lot of trainers in the South Jersey area and in my opinion she's one of the best.

I can send you her contact information if you want to message.

Wolf
Aug. 16, 2011, 10:01 AM
Hi trainingtree.
This is Debbie Morrison or www.transitionsfarm.com.

That very bad picture with the horrible top hat on at a schooling show is from that horses first show where he was high score of that show. I had been back in the saddle about 2+ months after giving birth to my son(I did not ride at all during my pregnancy). The picture was taken by my husband with my son at the show, it was also my sons first horse show. I was VERY proud of that horse. I wore my top hat at that show bc at that time, with the rules, I had a choice.

The picture at the top where I am leaning down on my FEI horse, the horse won his PSG class that day, it was a big class. I had just had my arms around his neck when I leaned up and a friend shot the picture. I was VERY proud of my horse. I know where me and the horse came from.

You are welcome to come to my farm whenever you like and watch me break horses, ride young horses, or school horses at FEI. While you are here you can see my successful breeding program that has produced 3 premium foals, out of the same mare, all in a row. Or look at my sport horses I have for sale that have come in from all over the world. I LOVE my horses and LOVE to ride.

As you have been on my website you can get my address and phone # there.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Debbie Morrison
PS:The sport of dressage should be a community where we are here for each other and not a bashing session.

Bella11
Aug. 16, 2011, 11:17 AM
I also have to agree that Lisa Lewis-Greene is the best around....she's extremely professional and her students all do well. Her background and experience speaks for itself. I ride with her when she's at Keneva and also make the longer haul up to her farm, when necessary -- well worth the trip!

Callaway
Aug. 16, 2011, 12:39 PM
Wow, Wolf, I think it's against the rules of this board to solicit business.

Oh please. I'm asking for people to tell me about their business.

sjdressage
Aug. 19, 2011, 08:35 PM
I second Lisa Lewis. Her experience and credentials are the real thing.

I don't know the person who is the trainer in the above link, but just what I see on the web site are things that turn me off. A top hat riding lower levels in a schooling show? Really? Some photos do not show a correct position.

Wow, what a nasty post. Why would you want to say something to hurt someone else like that? Do you know what it is like to put yourself out there as a professional? Please post a video of you riding to be fair..........

I know Debbie and she is a dedicated horseman who has worked her @ss off becoming a an FEI rider and put an amazing amount of resources building her breeding program importing horses from Germany and Holland. It is sad that you feel the need to bash her life's work with your comments.

I too have worn a top hat at the lower levels after becoming a successful FEI rider with a silver medal. I was allowed to do it and I liked the way it looked. What is your problem with that?

Knothead
Aug. 21, 2011, 07:37 AM
I agree that there's no room for bashing here. Ironically, my trainer who I recommended above would be appalled that her name and the bashing happened in the same post (or even happened at all). I hesitate myself to post a question on forums like this one or others due to the fact so many people are anxious to insult and knock someone else down (that they don't even know). Anyone who does this has major insecurities and use their screen egos as their balls for being rude and nasty.
~Lori DiSanti