PDA

View Full Version : GA peeps - Chattahoochee Hills?

DownYonder
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:10 AM
There is a USEF/USDF dressage show scheduled at this facility in early Oct. I know it is primarily an eventing facility owned by Carl Bouckaert.

Can anyone tell me about the stabling? What size are the stalls? Do they have solid walls on 3 sides, or are there bars between stalls? Do the stalls all face out, or do they face into an aisle? How wide is the aisle? And do the stalls have open windows so the horses can put their heads out?

Tamara in TN
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.chatthillseventing.com/photos.html

under AEC 2010.
I have heard it called the Biltmore House for horses <ha>

Tamara

Lisa Cook
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:34 AM
Permanent stabling is very nice. All permanent stalls face out, no aisle. Very airy.

We were there for the AECs last year & were personally kept in the temporary stabling, but they have a ton of permanent stalls that are plenty for regular sized shows.

You can get an idea of the facility in general from my pictures, and there is a picture of one of the permanent stabling barns...there are many more than just what I took a picture of here.

Link to my pictures from AECs (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1424202681122.2058695.1114381130&l=562ed2932e&type=1).

Ldbgcoleman
Aug. 10, 2011, 07:32 PM
Stall are very nice three walls plenty of room the only thing Dressage Divas may not like is ports pottys instead of bathrooms rings are side by side so another test right next to you could be distracting. Property is gorgeous and people are very hospitable. I have volunteered for several events there. I'm thinking if going too:)

reay6790
Aug. 10, 2011, 07:45 PM
love it there :)

DownYonder
Aug. 11, 2011, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the info. A friend is thinking about taking her 4 y/o, but he doesn't like solid stall walls where he can't see other horses.

Portapottys - yuck! :no: I hope they get permanent restrooms installed before the Region 3 championships next year!

kinnip
Aug. 11, 2011, 09:35 AM
The portajohns are immaculate and plentiful, not at all worth complaining about. The stabling is really lovely. Horsey could easily poke his head out and see the other horses. If you're not too far, just drive over and check it out. I think you'll find it quite pleasant.

DownYonder
Aug. 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
The portajohns are immaculate and plentiful, not at all worth complaining about. The stabling is really lovely. Horsey could easily poke his head out and see the other horses. If you're not too far, just drive over and check it out. I think you'll find it quite pleasant.

Ok, we can probably handle the portajohns as long as they are clean and well-maintained. I have been to too many venues where they were absolutely GROSS. And I don't think I fit the DQ profile except for my profound disgust with portajohns. :lol: