PDA

View Full Version : Had a Great Day!

Petstorejunkie
Aug. 9, 2011, 08:24 PM
I don't lesson on a regular basis, instead I save up and go for periodic short courses with a classical and competitive BNT.
Anyway, last time I was here (May, 1st time) we taught my horse how to really, correctly connect from tip of tail to nose and I went home with a schooling first, solid training level horsey.
We have been practicing, and progressing at home, and next month are planning on showing and placing well at first level.
To prepare I've come for another short course, and today my horse started to really get medium canter, medium trot, and took 4 good half pass steps :eek::winkgrin:!

Okay, so it doesn't sound spectacular (or maybe it does)... but for years I had a goal of just getting my horse forward and on the bit, and now, he's 17 and our new goal is to score well at 4th before his semi retirement.... and it doesn't feel like saying something like "if i win the lottery" it actually feels attainable.

God bless good instructors and proper muscle memory!

coymackerel
Aug. 10, 2011, 02:08 AM
Well done - congratulations! I've learned a lot from reading your posts. Glad to hear things are going so well.

Leena
Aug. 10, 2011, 02:47 AM
Good for you !

paulaedwina
Aug. 10, 2011, 07:42 AM
That sounds pretty darned spectacular to me! First level is a tough introduction into serious work - especially if you want to do well at the test.

Good for you.

Paula

JCS
Aug. 10, 2011, 09:40 AM
Awesome! It sounds pretty spectacular to me. With limited time for riding, limited funds for training, and no arena to speak of, my goal for the season is Training level. So I understand taking joy in what may seem to others to be minor accomplishments. Sounds like you are doing really well, mainly on your own. That's really something to be proud of!!