PDA

View Full Version : NEDA Fall Festival

LuckOfTheIrish91
Aug. 9, 2011, 03:47 PM
Who is going to the NEDA Fall Festival in September?

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 9, 2011, 06:35 PM
I wish I could say yes -- my filly has been GAIG/ USDFBC Filly Champion at the breed show there for the past two years, so it's been a great show for us. But we've moved to Region 1 and will do our finals at Devon this year. I do love the Fall Festival, though! If anyone is on the fence or thinking of going for the first time, it's well worth going. A great show and great fun.

There's a picture of her at the Festival on the first page of my site:
http://www.runningwaterwbs.com/Home_Page.html

Big Spender
Aug. 10, 2011, 10:14 AM
Entered 2nd Level Championships :D

Lisa Cook
Aug. 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
Me! :) Miss Eventer here is taking my Appaloosa in the 1st level championships!

We won't, uh, stand out or anything. (http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3826/dsc0614d.jpg) ;)

quietann
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:49 AM
Lisa, that's a cute horse!

I keep thinking, maybe next year. At Training Level. The mare is finally sound enough to take to schooling shows and we may just tackle the recognized ones next year.

ccoronios
Aug. 10, 2011, 04:32 PM
Lisa, he's lovely!!!! I showed 'colored' horses in the hunter world - if we were good, it was in our favor. If not..... :-(

So go BE GOOD!!!!

Carol

Don Raphaelo Rollkurista
Aug. 11, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'm going with 3 Friesians.

dudleyc
Aug. 11, 2011, 08:51 AM
Sadly, after riding in this show for the past 5 years, this year I'll be going as a spectator.

(If you'll indulge my bragging, last year, at 3rd level, I won 3 out of 4 classes including the GAIG AA regional. Of course I was DEAD LAST in the class I did not win - which was the 2nd half of the 3rd level stakes)

aab
Aug. 11, 2011, 08:58 AM
We are going with a weanling filly for the breed show and training level championship with my 5 year old. :D

dotneko
Aug. 11, 2011, 11:11 AM
My husband and I will probably be stewarding on
Fri sat and sun, in between coaching Lisa :D,
so NO illegal equipment pullleeeezzee. I would rather not
have to do anything other than direct traffic.

Dot

joiedevie99
Aug. 11, 2011, 11:51 AM
I will be there for 4th level.

FlightCheck
Aug. 11, 2011, 01:07 PM
I'll be there, announcing. Please come by and say "hello"!

Lisa Cook
Aug. 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
Flight Check!!! I didn't know you did announcing for dressage shows! Awesome! :)

Lisa Cook
Aug. 11, 2011, 02:57 PM
Is there a list of accepted, or at least received, entries anywhere? I sent mine in via email, and have asked twice for confirmation that my information was received, with no response. I understand the organizers must be very busy, but it does make me nervous to think my entry may be sitting in limbo somewhere. Eventing competitions can post entry status online...do dressage shows? I've checked NEDA's website and don't find anything.

Bogey2
Aug. 11, 2011, 03:08 PM
Lisa post the question on the NEDA bulletin board!!

joiedevie99
Aug. 11, 2011, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't expect anything until after the closing date, since they have to accept all championship competitors who enter before the closing date.

Lisa Cook
Aug. 11, 2011, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't expect anything until after the closing date, since they have to accept all championship competitors who enter before the closing date.

But paranoid me doesn't want to wait to see list after closing date, in case they did not receive for some reason. I'd like to know if there is a problem while there is still time to revise/send new entry before closing date.

When I've entered the American Eventing Championships in the past, I've entered online & seen my entry status appear within 24 hours, online.

Big Spender
Aug. 11, 2011, 08:11 PM
Is there a list of accepted, or at least received, entries anywhere? I sent mine in via email, and have asked twice for confirmation that my information was received, with no response. I understand the organizers must be very busy, but it does make me nervous to think my entry may be sitting in limbo somewhere. Eventing competitions can post entry status online...do dressage shows? I've checked NEDA's website and don't find anything.

Lisa,

I received an email confirmation about my entry, but I am also entered in the championships. Like someone mentioned, you might not here anything until they have accepted the championship entries. Not sure who you sent the email entry to (I would assume the secretary), but if you go to centerlineevents.com, you would be able to contact Debra, who is the secretary for NEDA.

Carolyn

Lisa Cook
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:14 PM
Email confirmation received tonight. Whew! One thing I can stop wondering about. :)

Carol Ames
Aug. 12, 2011, 12:24 AM
Would everyone please watch for my old horse "Ever lucky;)" tall grey Dutch :cool:WB I have no idea what level he is; I regret so much having to sell him; I had to sell one horse; and wanted to sell my eventer:yes:, A SMALL l plain bay Tb mare; but, of course everyone wanted the the tall grey Dutch:cool: gelding; I had been hunting him, which, he absolutely:yes: loved! More than anything we had:cool: done; that was his place; I so regret not marketing him:cry: to foxhunters but, did not:no: at that time; have the necessary :winkgrin:"social" contacts among the various hunt clubs I lost the contact info for the BNT;) whose barn he was in; I wanted to tell her that he foxhunted like a dream , most importantly, he loved it:yes:! People see him and think they will make a show horse out of him; but, he has a spook that won't come out:no:; I really don't want another show person trying to train, with whip:eek: and spurs:mad: it out of him; he is a very good horse in the right discipline. He could have been an Olympic level eventer without that spook; and we tried and tried to gt it out but, it would not leave; I could not bear Jim W. using the bull whip:cry: on him; he was too nice :yes:a horse for other sports dressage, foxhunting; it was just time to say "not my :no:cup of tea" to his eventing; but, the person I sold him to was too timid:eek: over fences to try foxhunting.he probably would have jumped her out of the:o

RunningwaterWBs
Aug. 12, 2011, 09:05 AM
Here's NEDA's Fall Festival page. They generally post a link to riders' times.
http://www.neda.org/FallFestival-Home.html

Carol, my mare foaled a filly this year who has a lot in common with your big grey. She should be big, she's grey, and should be able to both jump and do dressage. Just sayin'...

Carol Ames
Aug. 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
You deserve to brag! Have at it!:yes::lol:(If you'll indulge my bragging, last year, at 3rd level, I won 3 out of 4 classes including the GAIG AA regional. Of course I was DEAD LAST in the class I did not win - which was the 2nd half of the 3rd level stakes) http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5769694)