PDA

View Full Version : a little endurance humor.

rainechyldes
Aug. 9, 2011, 01:38 PM
found this on Ridecamp.
http://merritravels.endurance.net/2011/08/closer-look-at-endurance-ride-pull.html

Auventera Two
Aug. 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
RO-HBL – Hopelessly Beyond Lost. If it’s a pitch black night under a thick forest canopy, and there are approximately 40 glowbars covering the entire 100 mile trail, and you and fellow riders have been wandering astray and disoriented for hours, and you have collapsed in an exhausted heap and are content to just stay there and die on the trail, this is a perfectly acceptable pull. (If you are found before you die).

LOL that's how I felt at Wildcat a few years ago. After wandering around hopelessly lost for 3 hours doing the same stinking red loops over and over again, I collapsed onto a log in the vet check in the 95 degree, 80% humidity heat and said screw it. I'm just going to sit here and die. :lol: My crew bags had been lost so I had no supplies, no water. Most of the trail was in the baking hot sun. We were constantly being passed by 4 wheelers blowing dirt up into our face. In short - it was the most miserable experience I've ever had on a horse, and I figured - you know what, I don't have to do this if I don't want to!