PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb question from an eventer on 2nd level tests . . .

deltawave
Aug. 9, 2011, 01:37 PM
Don't laugh, OK? :)

Bonnie is doing her 2nd level debut next weekend and I'm reading over the test here and there is NO mention as to whether trot is sitting or rising any more. Not that I have pored over a great many 2nd level tests, mind you, but it seems to me there's always been a notation one way or the other. First level, IIRC, allows the rider the option. Is the fact that it's not mentioned on the 2nd level test an assumption that no rider would even DREAM of rising the trot at this exalted level? ;) I of course plan to sit the collected stuff, but it sure would be nice to be able to rise the mediums.

Am I missing a small annotation somewhere, or just being a clueless eventing yahoo? :p Thanks.

Rhiannonjk
Aug. 9, 2011, 01:39 PM
It is all sitting at second.

deltawave
Aug. 9, 2011, 01:40 PM
Waah. Thanks. :)

PiaffePlease
Aug. 9, 2011, 02:31 PM
yep, all sitting. Good luck at your second level debut!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Aug. 9, 2011, 03:16 PM
Enjoy it! Good luck! (Here is the big surprise, I would rather sit than post these days, never though those words would ever leave my lips. :lol: )

BetterOffRed
Aug. 9, 2011, 03:53 PM
Good luck to you and Bonnie!

BTW, you go over solid jumps- at a gallop! I think you can handle 6 minutes of sitting trot in a sand box! haha!

catosis
Aug. 9, 2011, 04:04 PM
(Here is the big surprise, I would rather sit than post these days, never though those words would ever leave my lips. :lol: )

I am in the same boat here. Generally, riders are more effective at the sitting trot than posting because it allows you to have a more consistent connection between your horse's mouth, your hands, his back, your seat, and your legs. Also, posting the trot is pretty darn awkward!

Velvet
Aug. 10, 2011, 09:01 AM
Also, posting the trot is pretty darn awkward!

Um, you must not have learned how to post correctly, to maket that statement...

catosis
Aug. 10, 2011, 12:04 PM
Um, you must not have learned how to post correctly, to maket that statement...

Not exactly... I ride a disproportioned, unbalanced pony whose leg is as long as mine with a beach ball belly. All of those factors make posting the trot on him really really awkward.

jcotton
Aug. 10, 2011, 01:18 PM
And posting on wobbly green horses that don't have their steering confirmed is ummmm interesting. I can't wait for young horse to be less green and have better steering.